Feb 06, 2011, 06:09 PM
I Like Deraring
Thread OP
Discussion

Blade mCP x - strictly on topic Q and A thread

Let's face it. This heli is too big for one thread. I would like to propose that we have strict on-topic questions and answers on this thread.... May I suggest the "answers" come from a horizon rep, or someone that actually HAS the wonderful mcp x....

That should cut down a lot of speculation. Remember the goal is to keep this thread short to make is easier for the horizon reps and "Bruno" to answer questions...

You can subscribe to this thread by going to "thread tools" above this post, and clicking subscribe to thread.

Please no posts from "the peanut gallery" or useless comments, just your question!

If the answer is really straight forward, anyone can answer it, but please provide a solid link to where you found the correct answer.

Please don't submit a reply to the answer you received, that will just cause clutter. In a perfect world this thread will be formatted: question post, answer post, question post. Or qqaq or even qqqqaq

I'll go first,

Q: is the stock rtf dx4e tx going to come pretty much "maxed out" so we can have full potential outta the box?

Or will it come tamed down, settings-wise?

EDIT: if you don't want to ask a question, then PLEASE at least stay ON TOPIC!
Last edited by jdog83; Feb 07, 2011 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Details
to remove ads between posts
Feb 06, 2011, 06:45 PM
Heli collector
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdog83
Let's face it. This heli is too big for one thread. I would like to propose that we have strict on-topic questions and answers on this thread.... May I suggest the "answers" come from a horizon rep, or someone that actually HAS the wonderful mcp x....

That should cut down a lot of speculation.

I'll go first,

Q: is the stock rtf dx4e tx going to come pretty much "maxed out" so we can have full potential outta the box?

Or is it programable?
http://www.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo...-Manual_EN.pdf
Feb 06, 2011, 06:55 PM
I Like Deraring
Thread OP

That doesn't answer my question!

Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob
That's why I said answers should be from a rep or someone that actually has one!

I'll repeat:

Q: will the stock tx come tamed down for beginners?

Or will it be maxed out?
Feb 06, 2011, 07:09 PM
Suspended Account
Whatever...
Last edited by sviking; Feb 19, 2011 at 03:26 AM.
Feb 06, 2011, 07:16 PM
Can't get enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by sviking
Post-scribed for future reference...didn't violate the "rules" like Bob because I proffered no answers to the questions...
Wow that is hilarious and off topic... Anyway, that would be nice if a rep could chime in on the details. Good start
Feb 06, 2011, 07:21 PM
I Like Deraring
Thread OP
Q: is the flybarless system adjustable? For example, would someone coming from an msr be able to adjust it for hands free hover?
Last edited by jdog83; Feb 07, 2011 at 11:11 AM.
Feb 06, 2011, 07:32 PM
Please make this thread decent. The other one is mostly a waste of time reading.

Is the tail gain adjustable?
Referring to the manual they have the endpoint adjust of the "gear" channel (Gyro) set to 100%. I know endpoints on the DX7 for eg go to 150 but I would have thought gain would have been "tabled" as a range...ie 90-100 gain.

They use mems chips for the gyro control so I presume but...
Is the tail HH?

If so are they using built in rx mixing to stop the rudder from starting... ie 0 throttle value > rudder 150 left so the tail won't arm and spin on the bench?

Are the cyclic gains adjustable?

Amp
Feb 06, 2011, 08:08 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
I doubt you need worry about tail starting at zero THR, even a $20 3ch won't do that. But leave it to 'experts' to say exactly.

What I want to know, does this or does it not have 3-axis gyro? That's a major marketing phrase but it does not appear anywhere in the pre-release blurbs. I wouldn't be so skeptical but the last flybarless I looked at was Esky HBCT and I assumed 3-X gyro but there is not one.

If yes, to what extent is it adjustable, to what extent does it NEED adjusting, and can any adjustments be made from the TX?
Feb 06, 2011, 08:37 PM
Throttle-Hold Expert
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbilab
I doubt you need worry about tail starting at zero THR, even a $20 3ch won't do that. But leave it to 'experts' to say exactly.

What I want to know, does this or does it not have 3-axis gyro? That's a major marketing phrase but it does not appear anywhere in the pre-release blurbs. I wouldn't be so skeptical but the last flybarless I looked at was Esky HBCT and I assumed 3-X gyro but there is not one.

If yes, to what extent is it adjustable, to what extent does it NEED adjusting, and can any adjustments be made from the TX?
Yes, 3-axis....check this link

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...LH3580&Index=5
Feb 06, 2011, 10:51 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
Thank you. They hid that well. It's not on any of the model or spec pages.

Questions of adjustability remain to be addressed. Can it be, does it need to be, any alignment functions (like at least gain) remoted?
Feb 06, 2011, 11:02 PM
The lunatic is on the grass
Is it going to be DSMX compatible?

Ridgewalker
Feb 06, 2011, 11:08 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgewalker
Is it going to be DSMX compatible?

Ridgewalker
Yes. A DSMX Tx will work with any DSM receiver.
Feb 06, 2011, 11:11 PM
I thought DSMX only worked with the DSM2, not the older DSM.

v/r,
C-F
Feb 06, 2011, 11:14 PM
Heli's rule!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdog83

That should cut down a lot of speculation. Remember the goal is to keep this thread short to make is easier for the horizon reps and "Bruno" to answer questions...

Please no posts from "the peanut gallery" or useless comments, just your question!
I'll go first,

So you dont get a bunch of "subscribed" posts, I would recommend you add to the first post how to subscribe without posting.. its easy, click "thread tools" (at the top right above the first post on each page) and then click "subscribe to this thread"

As for the TX, no, the heli performance wont be completly "maxed out" out of the box with the RTF TX, and no its (the TX) not adjustable. Per a horizon rep, (click here for post) Its pretty much a DX5e in a different case. It was actualy designed with a fixed pitch in mind, but used on the Mcp because it came out first. the transmitter doesn't do ANY of the mixing when you are using a non computer transmitter, its all done in the heli.

With a computer transmitter you can at least modify the throttle and pitch curves to your liking, but still cant do anything with the ccpm, because thats all done in the 5-in-1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANNONFODDER0

v/r,
C-F
Thats correct, it only works with DSM2. A DSMx TX wont control a DSM RX, and a DSM TX wont control a DSMX RX. Thankfully there is only one of each type out there, and they havent been sold new for several years.
Feb 06, 2011, 11:14 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by CANNONFODDER0

v/r,
C-F
I read on the Spektrum website that is was "down compatible" with all JR/Spectrum DSM receivers. That said, I'm sure the mCP X isn't going to be the older DSM format.

Quick Reply