This thread is privately moderated by jzpilot, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 05, 2011, 08:04 PM
your focus needs more focus
Thread OP
Discussion

Fun Cub

Multiplex Fun Cub

Motor---3542 headsuprc
ESC----E-max 50amp with switchmode bec
Props----APC 11x5.5/11x7/12x8/13x4 so far 12x8 is the best, next to try is 13x6.5 and 13x8

Elev/Rudder----Futaba s3003
Flaps/aileron----Futaba s3114
Skis----Dubro Snobird
Gear----Carl Goldberg, drilled for weight reduction
Battery----Turnigy 2200-2450 3s 30-40c
Last edited by jzpilot; Mar 05, 2011 at 04:26 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 12, 2011, 01:13 AM
piro-maniac........
Looks like some Cranor Hill flying going on in those photos.

Anyone ever told you about the 'Goat Farm'?
Feb 13, 2011, 09:29 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyGlow
Looks like some Cranor Hill flying going on in those photos.
It Is!

Quote:
Anyone ever told you about the 'Goat Farm'?
No where is it?

jz
Feb 13, 2011, 10:24 PM
piro-maniac........
Up Ohio Creek just a bit. It's a farm with alot of goats. The owners are kind enough to allow us to mow a grass strip and use their property to fly our planes/helis. I found out about it this past summer and had a really good time out there.

A number of the folks out there are retired and head south for the winter. I"ve heard there is some activity out there in the winter.....but I haven't been out there since about October or thereabouts.

How long have you been flying?
Feb 13, 2011, 10:40 PM
Thread OP
I started flying as a kid in the 80's. Control line, then sailplanes. I built my planes from balsa kits. Took a 20 year break and restarted last year. With the current electric motor technology, foam planes and cheap lipo batteries, I have been having a blast! I heard of people flying up Ohio Creek. I know some locals fly, but was unsure of how many or if any "airfield" or local club existed. The funcub works great being a bush plane, skis or baloony wheels and it flies well right off of Cranor hill, kinda sporty too. I am considering a 3d plane, looks fun.

jz
Feb 14, 2011, 12:33 AM
piro-maniac........
I have a couple 3D planes. The only one flying right now is a GWS 3D tigermoth. GWS has alot of great airframes!! Have you ever seen a UFO flying around at night? That would be my night flying Slow Stik. Quite possibly my favorite airframe I've had the pleasure to assemble. I, also, have some floats for it and use them to fly off the snow and water. I have more planes than helis, but prefer rotary winged flight. It's more challenging!

It's hard to find time to fly anymore, now that I'm a father, but I wouldn't mind bringing out an airframe or two and doing some Cranor Hill flying. Never flown out there and am certainly open to new areas with new flying buddies! Maybe if the weather cooperates next weekend you'd welcome a guest at your private flying site?

-John
Feb 14, 2011, 12:35 AM
piro-maniac........
BTW, here is a nice 'local CO' thread you might enjoy. Feel free to come on in and chat with us. We're talking about putting together another fun fly....it would be worth the effort to attend! We always have a good time!

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...19545&page=347
Feb 14, 2011, 08:52 AM
Thread OP
Unfortunately my winter schedule has weekends being tue & wed. Shucks, I here that not enough time concept....2 kids. I'm really lucky I can walk out of my house and fly(ski, dirt bike, etc) The way I see it, cranor hill is a public park, perfect for "parkfliers." One of my neighbors is an airframe mechanic and enjoys watching, as a few others do. Keep in touch John, I sure we will fly soon!

jz
Feb 14, 2011, 09:28 PM
piro-maniac........
Well, I DO have a night time airframe. I don't see why I couldn't find time to sneak out there for a bit sometime in the evening. Heck, it's dark enough at 6 to make use of the lights. I suspect you'd be impressed enough with my slow stik that it might find a spot on your 'to do list'.

fwiw I"ve gotten most of the LEDs from various electrical contractors for free, or nearly free(a couple 6 packs of beer.....a very acceptable form of payment in this valley for most).

Cheers!
Feb 14, 2011, 09:57 PM
Thread OP
I fly sometimes after work right before dark, the sun goes behind cranor so no glare, but still plenty of time to deplete a battery or two. I'll have to meet you there sometime after work. After CBMR closes for the season its m-f bankers hours....

jz

Quick Reply