Feb 15, 2011, 08:25 AM
Love my scale Whirlybirds
Did you ever think, at 16 years of age, that there could be people here with real jobs, mortgages paid off, and the hobby money set aside to buy good quality stuff? HK is not a brand name, its a clone, and at your age and monitary status, you can't afford to buy clones. Rather, you should be saving your money to buy things once, not ten times over because of dodgey quality. I'm not angry but kids like you do p&*s me off. Now back to discussion about the new 450 from Blade, ok? Enjoy.

Don
Last edited by Keyrigger; Feb 15, 2011 at 08:30 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 15, 2011, 09:58 AM
I hate waiting for parts
I saw the Blade 450 and I'm intrigued, but it's too late for me. I had a Blade 400 that I learned CP flight on... it was a good-quality heli that survived lots of crashes and I flew it for almost two years. Lots and lost of flying/crashing and I only had 1 servo fail. I've moved on to a T-Rex 450 and that's going to be installed in a scale fuselage. Hopefully someone in my club will get a Blade 450 so I can check it out.
Feb 15, 2011, 09:27 PM
Hovering until my thumbs bleed
I just purchased a T-REX 450 Sport Super combo. Does anyone have any suggestions? I was told to grease the thrust bearings, what grease should I use?
Feb 15, 2011, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyrigger
Did you ever think, at 16 years of age, that there could be people here with real jobs, mortgages paid off, and the hobby money set aside to buy good quality stuff? HK is not a brand name, its a clone, and at your age and monitary status, you can't afford to buy clones. Rather, you should be saving your money to buy things once, not ten times over because of dodgey quality. I'm not angry but kids like you do p&*s me off. Now back to discussion about the new 450 from Blade, ok? Enjoy.

Don
This is the last time I respond to you. I'm 16, bought a clone ONCE and said, "I saved $300. I now have more money for spending when I go to college".
Feb 15, 2011, 09:47 PM
Anyone know when this should be available in the U.S.? I am looking forward to see if they improved the servos any. Possibly this can replace the 450 sport as the standard recommendation for beginners. What I'm really interested in is that gyro.
Feb 15, 2011, 10:02 PM
SYMAWD:

Next time you think I am talking to you, you'll know it, but my advice to you is the same as it was to the other kid. You can't afford to go out and buy mediocre products. What I am sure of is that the 300 bucks you saved in buying your (insert clone here), over the course of the year, will have no bearing on your being able to afford either. Over.

Don
Feb 15, 2011, 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbheliusr
I just purchased a T-REX 450 Sport Super combo. Does anyone have any suggestions? I was told to grease the thrust bearings, what grease should I use?
You could use either a lithium based or teflon based grease. The factory is pretty good about putting grease in the bearing but make sure you put it back together the right way. The race should have the cup facing the centre of the hub. Remember to use thread locker on the screws. Take care.

Don
Feb 16, 2011, 06:01 AM
i didnt say there werent people that cant afford the real heli here, im simply pointing out a reason to why nobody should by align stuff due to it being over priced, and kids like me piss you off? why becasue we have realised how much money we can save after you have gone out and spent thousands on a single trex 450, and i can understand that it pisses you off, i would be too if i had wasted that much money, well its never to late to change over =p. Also what would you rather have if you are just the general run of the mill heli guy, one trex450 sport (ect) that cost you about $1000 with your futaba remote, and maxamps battery (none of this is any better, or margenly at the most) when you arent doing any hard 3d your just casuly flying around, doing a few loops, and absolutley petrafied you might crash it and have to fork out another $200-$500 in spare parts? or would you rather spend $200 total, on a heli that can do all that, with 3 batteris that work beautifly and a decent remote that can do all you will ever need with a heli, and you wont be scared of crashing it because it only cost about $50 tops for a crash repair if you somehow crash it into a tree, then a damn in 3d mode so the heli is basicly destroyed? the hk heli's also dont have the problems that krugger describes, maybe with a very dodgy clone brand made by a guy in his shed you might have these fanaticle problems....maybe, so stop being so agro you wasted your money unless you are some absolute god at 3d and push your heli so hard you will need some align parts (not many) to make the hk just as good as a trex. Have fun wasting your money=D
Feb 16, 2011, 08:59 AM
This thread is supposed to be about the Blade 450. Either discuss what you know about the new 450 from HH or sit in the corner and keep quiet until you can contribute to this thread with working knowledge of the helicopter. Capiche?

Don
Feb 16, 2011, 09:21 AM
Cranky old fart
I think the Blade 450 is likely to appeal mostly to those looking to buy that first CP heli and programmable TX. At the $470 price they were asking for the B400, it does not compete well with the price of a good clone. But, there are lots of people who want an RTF heli, don't want to build or endure the uneven quality of many of the clones. Price is really going to be the key.
Feb 16, 2011, 01:32 PM
I bought my B400 for $349 from ultimate hobbies, I thought it a much better option than a clone at that price. So does anyone know if the B400 and B450 will have interchangeable parts?
Feb 16, 2011, 02:59 PM
Cranky old fart
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSteel Panther
I bought my B400 for $349 from ultimate hobbies, I thought it a much better option than a clone at that price. So does anyone know if the B400 and B450 will have interchangeable parts?
I gave the Ultimate Hobby link to a number of first-time 450 buyers. I also felt it was a better option than most clone kits. At that price, you were only paying about $150 - $175 for the heli.
Feb 16, 2011, 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSteel Panther
There are a number of parts that are interchangeable. One of the new changes to the 450 is the two part one way bearing drive gear, similar to most other 450's out there. That is a very good improvement on the original and may stop some of the unexplained melted gear issues from the 400. Most, if not all, head components are the same, but I see them changing all the stock numbers to their new system so it may be harder to tell just by the manual. It may need side by side comparison to see the differences. The frame is a new number but I would like to put them together to see what, if anything much, has changed. I was rather surprised at how many parts had new numbers but they did label many as parts for both models. Hope this helps.

Don
Feb 17, 2011, 05:41 AM
wow this guy really likes to treat younger people then him like crap and asif they have no say...awell not affecting us, plus as i recal i was mearly comparing the two when you started on my choice of a fine helicopter. Ok so back to the blade! still thinking its abit of a flop, it doesnt look much different then there 400, and for the price they are selling it you could buy a raptor 30-50rtf, and personaly i would be leaning towards the raptor.
Feb 17, 2011, 07:02 AM
My 2c here. I'm a non-CP flyer. In the last month have started on my sim, and so will have two months up my sleeve when I get an mCPX. But I would also love a 450, especially after seeing how stable they are on the sim. A Blade 450 would be attractive due to not having to know much about setting the swash etc. I was close to buying a kit, but maybe the Blade is a great way to get into it without getting over my head. Eg don't have to set up, and don't have to worry and decide about what components to buy.

And take it from a newb, there's a huge amount of opinions on this forum that you can get confused very easily!

So yeah, looks like they're doing a good job keeping me involved with their product. And I'm yet to have one complaint about the reliability or longevity of their stuff. Can't wait until March!

Quick Reply