Spencerís World Record 468mph Kinetic100DP flight video!!! - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Feb 04, 2011, 11:34 AM
Discussion

Spencerís World Record 468mph Kinetic100DP flight video!!!

On February 2, 2011 Spencer Lisenby flew his own design the Kinetic 100 DP to 468mph setting a new world record at Norco California in winds gusting over 65mph!!!

Here is a video compilation from part of that flight. The radar gunner also flew the plane and his flight is included in the second half of the video. Unfortunately in the second portion of the flight the plane is more visible than the world record passes for three reasons. One the plane is flown less aggressively at a much slower rate, 405mph (borrowed plane ) two, the second pilot is wearing a helmet camera so the camera is naturally following the plane and nobody fly's as well as Spencer. During the record passes the radar gunner was more concerned about getting the speed on radar and not thinking about filming the flight so there's a bit of quick camera movement.

This world record flight also had a data recorder onboard recording a few parameters such as g forces laterally, g’s normal to lift, and temperature. You can find that data here

To really see this video in clarity and hear the digital sound recording at its best download the original file here. Be aware that it’s a very large file at ĺ’s of a gigabyte and is 1920x1080 resolution. You can also see it on the YouTube video link below. IF YOU DO BE SURE to click view in high resolution!

Download the original video by right mouse clicking and choosing Save Target As (Norco02022011.mov)

To learn more about this plane please visit Spencer's web page at DSKinetic.com

Spencer also set the sixty inch record for this day with his K60 @ 341mph.

View more speeds for the Kinetics at RCSpeeds.com (K100 and the K60)

Spencer's World Record 468mph Kinetic100DP flight video!!! (6 min 44 sec)

EDIT ADDED AFTER GETTING A LOT OF FEED BACK...

468mph Gliders and video. Right you DS’rs are BS’rs

I can’t really blame em, to them it sounds like a lot of big fish stories…

Video analysis, (I’ve already seen two but both seem to collaborate the speeds) I wish these guys wouldn't use the YouTube video and download the original files?

I understand during Spencer’s flight many video viewers can’t see the plane. I can on every lap and if you’re not, and you like the video, you’re missing out! Watch the original on a large computer screen and you will see so much more. There’s a high def version and a link to a good, low overhead player on Spencer’s Page on RCSPeeds. If you use the VLC player/viewer click on playback and then slower,,, there's a lot going on that can be seen at a slower frame rate.

Because Spencer posted a picture of me holding the gun some people think I’m Spencer, that he flew twice, one fast and then some slower laps so we could get it on video. I du know seems pretty obvious that we switched off and I flew the second half of the flight with a helmet cam on my head.

MOST OF ALL it seems that others don’t like the title or text because I or we DS’rs claim a “New World Record”; I don’t think anybody's calling what we do an “official world record”??? Perhaps we in the DS community should come up with a new name for our speed achievements. “New World Record” gets a few going and does sound official. I know I’m not that interested in an FAI record but they ask why we are not if we are REALLY going that fast! Fun comes to mind a rush like no other,, I just like going fast call it what you want. Seems to be those that think physics makes it impossible and have never seen this type of flying and think that their discipline, F5b, Model Jet aircraft or even F3F is fast. It sure would be cool if we could share DS with those who have a hard time believing these speeds.

Chris Bosley
admin@rcspeeds.com
Last edited by daboz; Feb 06, 2011 at 03:14 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 04, 2011, 12:32 PM
Iīm speechless!!!!!

Dirk Pflug
Feb 04, 2011, 12:51 PM
Nice job. Now people can stop bitching at me about not being able
to see Spencers plane in the early morning 446mph record video.

ian
Feb 04, 2011, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slopesoarer
Iīm speechless!!!!!

Dirk Pflug

I guess now would be a good time to say a big THANKS! Thank You Dirk Pflug for designing the airfoils for the Kinetic. Thank You Steven Seim for the countless hours you put in to bring the Kinetic design to where it is now. And Thank You Thomas Pills for producing the molds to such accuracy that has made the dream into a reality. I really appreciate your guy's hard work on this project. I hope the results are as gratifying for you guys as they have been for me! Lastly, thanks to the DS community as a whole for all of the great times, valuable input, and great friendships that have formed from all of these crazy days out on the windy hills. I can't wait to go get some more cause I'm a DS Junkie if you know what I mean!
Feb 04, 2011, 01:39 PM
There is only DS
You guys are mad.... That was AWESOME I couldn'teven see the plane.
DS Junkie no more like Ds Ninja's. Probably the coolest thing I've ever seen.
Asto
Feb 04, 2011, 01:40 PM
RC LIFER
Awesome Spencer!!! Congratulations.
Feb 04, 2011, 01:43 PM
Go Faster!!
All I can say is WOW, what an Amazing design/engineering accomplishment for Spencer. 468 MPH , only 32 MPH away from 500 MPH. Very few people can appreciate the passion and desire that it takes to create a machine that is capable of such an awesome feat! I bet Steven Seim and Thomas P are just giggling like school girls knowing that they have been such a pivotal part of this accomplishment. Not only did Spencer smash (his previous record) but he reclaimed the 60” record as well. 341 MPH with his Original design Kinetic 60”. What makes this accomplishment even more amazing is the fact that Spencer’s new K130 never even made it out of the bag.

Congratulations!
Feb 04, 2011, 02:55 PM
A dream will find you
Last edited by StevenSeim; May 18, 2016 at 06:36 AM.
Feb 04, 2011, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by airtimeasto
You guys are mad.... That was AWESOME I couldn'teven see the plane.
DS Junkie no more like Ds Ninja's. Probably the coolest thing I've ever seen.
Asto
I know I finally just watched it on YouTube. I know it's a huge download but you can see it much better on a good computer after you download the file. Sorry the huge size but I think it's worth it.

Thanks Spencer for such a great day, the trust in flying your plane and the gentle push into the 400 club
Feb 04, 2011, 03:56 PM
Say when.....
WICKED AWESOME!!!
Feb 04, 2011, 04:30 PM
You must die! I alone am best.
Kin'ell
Feb 04, 2011, 04:31 PM
Just chillin @ 403 MPH
WOW Norco looks Nice and green,sure must help to keep the dust down.
Last time I flew there I had dirt in places I didn't think it was possible to get dirty.

Nice video the wind looked fairly smoothe and not so gusty.

Looked like a good day for Spencers squirrel suit too,,boy was that funny.

Nick
Feb 04, 2011, 04:40 PM
Holy carp that's quick... initially I thought flying around in circles would get boring... but I can see how this sort of speed might make things a wee bit interesting...! Nice work guys... so when are you fulla's going to come over to New Zealand to fly... slope soarer's paradise here you know....
Feb 04, 2011, 05:07 PM
That is so cool and congrats Chris. Not even showing my friends that don't fly cause they just won't understand !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 04, 2011, 05:45 PM
DS= -$ & :-)
That was the best vid ever! Loved it! It really showed the nerves, stresses, adrenaline and highs on a ds pilot, especially when you set a new pb. I love the way you punched out at 405, totally fried and had enough. I think most ds'ers can relate to that feeling. It is incredible.

Spencer you are cool as a cucumber, so calm and relaxed, no wonder you keep breaking records with your amazing plane. So cool of you to throw the Tx at Chris and talk him to a new pb.

Eric