Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Old Dec 21, 2012, 08:20 AM
Find More Posts by PittSpecial
Right Rudder
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjb111 View Post
arnav

If the weather doesn't cooperate here in Michigan, I will come down to Florida so we can do some flying.....

Happy Holidays !!!
Perhaps next week as we are having some very windy conditions and finally COLD temps.

http://www.usairnet.com/cgi-bin/laun...=KISM&state=FL

I am praying for better conditions.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 21, 2012, 08:59 AM
Find More Posts by bhoov128
https://youtu.be/Q06Y9X4_DsI
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittSpecial View Post
Perhaps next week as we are having some very windy conditions and finally COLD temps.

http://www.usairnet.com/cgi-bin/laun...=KISM&state=FL

I am praying for better conditions.
Sunday looks good! Today might be a good day to do some windsurfing with my blu-baby
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 21, 2012, 09:03 AM
Find More Posts by arnav
I live my life 12oz at a time
Come on over! Here a day over 20mph is considered windy lol... Other than the occasional 2 hour tropical rain almost every day is a flying day. It makes you very spoiled. The heat is finally letting go which means it will be a COLD 60 degrees, hehe.

Pitt/bhoov, still under 20mph even for Saturday.. If it is under 30, I am game...
Old Dec 21, 2012, 09:25 AM
Find More Posts by PittSpecial
Right Rudder
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnav View Post
Come on over! Here a day over 20mph is considered windy lol... Other than the occasional 2 hour tropical rain almost every day is a flying day. It makes you very spoiled. The heat is finally letting go which means it will be a COLD 60 degrees, hehe.

Pitt/bhoov, still under 20mph even for Saturday.. If it is under 30, I am game...
You fly at FIU? Or at AMPS?

Just curious
Old Dec 21, 2012, 09:31 AM
Find More Posts by arnav
I live my life 12oz at a time
Actually, I fly in the cursed, forsaken, the "in between 9 antennas" Ives Estate Park. We love it tough. It is not as small as the map makes it seems.
Rarely I go to Markham Park (which is a sanctioned AMA Field with an actual runway).
Old Dec 21, 2012, 11:02 AM
Find More Posts by donaldlo
Wjb111, the plane looks great. I am too waiting for calm weather and the rain to stop. It has been constantly raining for the last few weeks.

Happy Holidays !!!
Old Jan 01, 2013, 06:27 PM
Find More Posts by wjb111
Just wanted to chime in and wish all my fellow cessna 182 flyers a Happy New Year!!!

Bill B.

(also good to see this thread on the front page)
Old Jan 04, 2013, 04:10 PM
Find More Posts by MrMention
Here is the first fight of 2013 and with a new front landing gear.

I have added 2 1/2 in wheel to the front and it has made a world of difference. Landings are smoother and take off rolls are much better.

The front gear is from an old Dynam T-28 I had laying around. I just drilled the hole on the firewall some the thicker rod would go in and used a new steering collar. Now its nice and sturdy and doesnt bend easily. I also made a nice foam mount for my GoPro

FMS Cessna 182 - First flight of 2013 on a cold morning (8 min 12 sec)
Old Jan 04, 2013, 04:55 PM
Find More Posts by jondon69
johnd
HOW very cool! So that's shot through the windshield then?
Old Jan 04, 2013, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondon69 View Post
HOW very cool! So that's shot through the windshield then?
That flight was not with the windshield on. I forgot to put it on at the last minute
Old Jan 04, 2013, 07:43 PM
Find More Posts by wjb111
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMention View Post

I have added 2 1/2 in wheel to the front and it has made a world of difference. Landings are smoother and take off rolls are much better.

The front gear is from an old Dynam T-28 I had laying around. I just drilled the hole on the firewall some the thicker rod would go in and used a new steering collar. Now its nice and sturdy and doesnt bend easily. I also made a nice foam mount for my GoPro

http://youtu.be/lGSl36pJUPE

Nice setup, flight & video. Are you using the GoPro 2 or 3?

Bill B.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 08:37 PM
Find More Posts by WVrailfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMention View Post

http://youtu.be/lGSl36pJUPE
Neat work. Is that the factory spinner with the MAS prop?

Jim
Old Jan 04, 2013, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjb111 View Post
Nice setup, flight & video. Are you using the GoPro 2 or 3?

Bill B.
GoPro 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVrailfan View Post
Neat work. Is that the factory spinner with the MAS prop?

Jim
Yes

Thanks
Old Jan 07, 2013, 10:29 AM
I went out yesterday for day of flying. Brought my FMS Zero, T-28 and Cessna and I had a blast. The Cessna had the most flight time. This time I took it way up. Had the gopro pointed thru the left front window, and it actually showed great thru the tinted window

FMA Cessna - Soaring @ 1000ft (7 min 18 sec)
Old Jan 07, 2013, 11:32 AM
Find More Posts by Donnyd21
nice^!