Thread Tools
Mar 23, 2011, 08:20 AM
Registered User
Hello Everyone,

Is there a place to get parts for this Sky Trainer other then Nitroplanes ? I need the front landing gear, propeller shaft, spinner, and propeller. I am tired of waiting for Nitroplanes to get the parts in stock.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Mar 23, 2011, 09:33 AM
Registered User
My plane just arrived yesterday evening and I've been reading about this plane on a couple of forums. I understand the controls are a little sensitive and somewhat difficult to land (doesn't glide too well). Considering what I've read, does anyone have any advice as to where to attach the control rods to the rudder and elevator horns (outer, middle, or inner hole). The rudder and elevator control rods are connected to the servo arms using the middle holes. As for the ailerons: servo arms (middle holes), control horns (outermost holes).
Mar 23, 2011, 04:00 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Melnic's Avatar
My Airfield 182 (Current version)
The grass at my field is really clumpy. Gotta really be gentile and not flip it over.
Airfield Cessna 182 (5 min 44 sec)
Last edited by Melnic; Sep 29, 2011 at 02:34 PM.
Mar 23, 2011, 05:45 PM
Registered User
celm's Avatar
i started to put mine together today and ran into 1 issue,my propeller is defective. the angle on each blade isnt the same and one blade pretrudes 1/2 in further then the other 2
Mar 23, 2011, 08:09 PM
Foam Fumbler
Davedough's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle1933
My plane just arrived yesterday evening and I've been reading about this plane on a couple of forums. I understand the controls are a little sensitive and somewhat difficult to land (doesn't glide too well). Considering what I've read, does anyone have any advice as to where to attach the control rods to the rudder and elevator horns (outer, middle, or inner hole). The rudder and elevator control rods are connected to the servo arms using the middle holes. As for the ailerons: servo arms (middle holes), control horns (outermost holes).
I have my ailerons on the outer holes, the elevator in the middle and the rudder on the outermost. Its a tad twitchy, but I like it that way. Forces me to be gentle on the sticks.
Mar 23, 2011, 08:10 PM
Foam Fumbler
Davedough's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by celm
i started to put mine together today and ran into 1 issue,my propeller is defective. the angle on each blade isnt the same and one blade pretrudes 1/2 in further then the other 2
That really sucks. I dont have much advice for you since I have the 2 blade version. =( I recently replaced my prop with one that was an inch shorter and a size bigger on the pitch... again, 2 blade. The point is, you might find something comparable (and better put together) at your local hobby shop.
Mar 24, 2011, 02:55 AM
Registered User
ny_hawk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by celm
i started to put mine together today and ran into 1 issue,my propeller is defective. the angle on each blade isnt the same and one blade pretrudes 1/2 in further then the other 2
Can you post a pic? I've never heard of such a thing.. You should certainly be able to pick up some quality electric props from your LHS get a couple and try different sizes... I'd start with a 12x8, 11x9 etc, and work from that as a baseline..

Jim
Mar 24, 2011, 06:34 AM
Registered User
celm's Avatar
ill take pics,i fopund a 12x8 at the LHS.i also contacted nitro planes and there sending me out a new one
Mar 27, 2011, 01:02 AM
Champs Anonymous Member
GJOsik's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melnic
My Airfield 182 (Current version)

The grass at my field is really clumpy. Gotta really be gentile and not flip it over.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYGiYZDD94s
I cant believe the nose gear didnt wig out on the landing. You must be smooooooth. Where abouts in MD are you?
Mar 27, 2011, 07:07 PM
Registered User
celm's Avatar
flew the skytrainer today,what a beautiful bird!!
Mar 27, 2011, 08:45 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Melnic's Avatar
On my grass clumpy field, you gotta land easy on the gear. I fly at Freestate in Laurel.
If you fly at Harford, your field has much better grass than mine
Last edited by Melnic; Mar 27, 2011 at 08:50 PM.
Mar 28, 2011, 11:02 AM
Foam Fumbler
Davedough's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by celm
flew the skytrainer today,what a beautiful bird!!
Congrats celm. How'd everything go?
Mar 28, 2011, 12:34 PM
Champs Anonymous Member
GJOsik's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melnic
On my grass clumpy field, you gotta land easy on the gear. I fly at Freestate in Laurel.
If you fly at Harford, your field has much better grass than mine
I dont fly at Harford but i live right down the road. But i have been to the field and its real nice, just wished they could put a strip of pavement down.
Mar 28, 2011, 03:15 PM
Registered User
celm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davedough
Congrats celm. How'd everything go?
it went well,my buddy linked his dx7 to mine so when i ran into issued he kicked it. he did the maiden flight of it and he said it was a great plane ,that its a perfect plane for a noob
Apr 05, 2011, 05:21 PM
Registered User
celm's Avatar
this kit really helped improve my flying skills alot!!! so today i ordered another one in blue


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Dynam Sky Trainer Cessna 182 dbc Foamies (Kits) 833 Feb 04, 2017 06:19 PM
Question Nitoplanes Airfield RC 55 Trainer $139.00 hyed Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) 17 Jul 31, 2016 08:57 AM
Discussion New Airfield Cessna 182 Sky Trainer w/ Lights and flaps al18r21 Electric Plane Talk 93 Dec 27, 2014 04:31 AM
New Product New Airfield Cessna 182 skytrainer nitroplanes Scale Kit/Scratch Built 323 Apr 01, 2012 09:33 AM
Sold Nitro Planes Foam AirField Cessna Skyline 182 - 55" Trainer "RTF" $100 FlyBoyTha1 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 12 Feb 10, 2010 05:15 PM