Fly and let Fly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubcrazy
Winds at 0 gusting to 1.
to remove ads between posts
May 15, 2017, 08:34 AM
Quote:
A little 182 style floatin this morning.
Wow that water looks really stunning!
May 18, 2017, 03:56 AM
Hi all,

I just got one of these and spent the afternoon assembling it. Looks great and can't wait to fly it.

But, I've attached a pic, it looks to me like the engine mount may be bent. The cowl is sitting on snug in position and the engine is clearly off center. Just wondering if I should take the mount off and try to straighten it or is it not that critical and I'll be able to trim it out?

I'm new to this and having visions of flying endless left turn circles. haha

thanks

Mark
May 18, 2017, 04:16 AM
Scale Foam Flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by markoreb
Hi all,

I just got one of these and spent the afternoon assembling it. Looks great and can't wait to fly it.

But, I've attached a pic, it looks to me like the engine mount may be bent. The cowl is sitting on snug in position and the engine is clearly off center. Just wondering if I should take the mount off and try to straighten it or is it not that critical and I'll be able to trim it out?

I'm new to this and having visions of flying endless left turn circles. haha

thanks

Mark
It looks like the motor mount may have been installed upside down at the factory. Try taking it off and flipping it. Thrust angle should be to the right to compensate for torque.
Latest blog entry: From the CC Paint Shop
May 18, 2017, 04:58 AM
Quote:
It looks like the motor mount may have been installed upside down at the factory. Try taking it off and flipping it. Thrust angle should be to the right to compensate for torque.
Hi, thanks for the suggestion. I had a look at that and the mount holes are drilled in such a way that it can only be attached one way.

cheers

Mark
May 18, 2017, 05:04 AM
Scale Foam Flyer
I would just install some tiny washers behind the motor mounts to re-direct the mount the way I want it. I highly doubt that it is bent...more like made wrong.
Latest blog entry: From the CC Paint Shop
May 18, 2017, 03:40 PM
or check the plastic firewall to see if it's damaged in shipping.
May 18, 2017, 04:13 PM
Maybe I'm just over analyzing. There's no apparent damage. Time will tell.

thanks

Mark
May 18, 2017, 11:13 PM
Out of the Past
That prop shaft SHOULD be off center, BUT, to the other side, for Right Thrust. You had best correct it.
Take the cowl off. Look straight down at the mount and motor. It should be pointed a few degrees to the right from the firewall.
DUCK
Last edited by IGIVEUP1; May 18, 2017 at 11:18 PM.
May 22, 2017, 02:53 PM
Hello RC friends,

I am considering ordering one of these (banggood Sonicmodell Cessna 182 V2) planes but the places where I fly are either grass or rocky dirt.

Are these wheels big enough to land on rough terrain or am I going to nose it every time I land?

One other question: If I do order one, what would an appropriate 2 blade propeller be if my 3-blade prop breaks?

The plane looks really nice!
May 22, 2017, 03:56 PM
Take me to your toys
One (1) inch larger in diameter, same pitch for the prop.
Be aware your prop will be 1/2 inch Closer to the ground.
I fly off a grass field and have trouble if not freshly mowed. I have given thought to mounting tundra tires on mine.
Jun 14, 2017, 06:59 AM
Landing is not optional
We recently picked one of these up (I think...)

Is this the ArtTech Sky Trainer 182 that is now sold as FMS? Was it an Airfield at one point too? Just trying to figure out the history of this model and the differences in the brands! Thanks!!
Jun 14, 2017, 12:33 PM
RC Aircraft Junkie
Definitely not ArtTech. But Airfield is a good possibility depending upon when it was purchased from Nitroplanes. Airfield is a Nitroplanes brand that use to be rebranded FMS planes.
Jun 14, 2017, 01:50 PM
Landing is not optional
The first picture is what we got and the 2nd is obviously the FMS. The tail numbers are the same but this one doesn't have FMS on the wing. Any idea which plane this is?
Jun 15, 2017, 11:11 AM
looks exactly like the one I got from Banana Hobby...that is if it say Cessna 182 on the nose.