Oct 23, 2013, 07:33 PM
Acft Attn Deficit Disorder
BTW P-Fitty,

I just went back and looked at all of you pics on the water. AWESOME!!!

-CC
to remove ads between posts
Oct 23, 2013, 07:34 PM
Alright taken with my gfs crappy PHD camera but here they are. I used wire coat hangars and scrap aluminum with loctie epoxy and a lot of pressure to fit them.
Oct 23, 2013, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubcrazy View Post
BTW P-Fitty,

I just went back and looked at all of you pics on the water. AWESOME!!!

-CC
Thanks brother! I owe ya one for the help with her..when I bought the bird in Jan. I was going to toss the flyzone floats on her but I wouldnt have known crap about floats without ya on it. I hate I procrastinated so long to do it...this bird rocks of floats.
This was from a week or two ago doing the first float test....you see after I make the downwind turn on the water what will happen if I dont give her some up ele. Since then I have adjusted the water rudders to be smoother as well she tracks like an arrow now.

FMS/Airfield Cessna 182 on flyzone beaver floats first taxi run! (0 min 42 sec)
Oct 23, 2013, 08:28 PM
Thanks guys for your help ,, that's what needed to finish.
Off to LHS tomorrow then I will test taxing on the water. Feel safer doing that with the added insurance of a revovery boat.

Ed
Oct 23, 2013, 08:43 PM
Just remember..you can taxi on the step, and you can taxi slow..try to taxi around in the middle speed, and things can go south pretty quick.

-CC
Oct 23, 2013, 10:05 PM
Ok thanks,, I'll try to remember that but ya know that CRS
Oct 24, 2013, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubcrazy View Post
The step of the float should be in vertical alignment with the CG of your airplane.
+ or -. You want your float angle of attack to be such that your wings are slightly positive (leading edge up) to the flat portion of the floats. If your wings are not pointed a couple degrees up, It will be harder to get up on the step when taking off.

-CC
How does this look for intial alignment before bracing?
Oct 24, 2013, 02:51 PM
The step position looks great. I assume that you are going to install diagonal struts and cross "wires" in the front? I tried flying mine without the cross wires in the front. It made a huge difference to add them. Really stiffened things up in the roll axis. The diagonal braces take care of pitch movement, so with both, it's a really clean and rock solid setup.

Good Job,

-CC
Oct 24, 2013, 03:46 PM
Oh yes I'm going to brace it. Just wanted to make sure before I locked it down.

How's the angle on float to wing?

I also have a plan to use the nose gear strut and servo to operate the water rudders. When I get it laid out I will post pictures.

Thanks
Ed
Oct 24, 2013, 05:36 PM
Float angle looks good from here

-CC
Oct 24, 2013, 06:00 PM
Thanks full speed ahead into the unknown.

Ed
Oct 24, 2013, 06:44 PM
johnd
... door to hatch for dock lines! I love it!
Oct 25, 2013, 02:24 PM
Ok I just noticed something and have a question for you guys.

It deals with the bracing on the sides. Some I see have the brace going from top front to rear bottom while others do it the other way bottom front to top rear,
I have seen both on fullsize 182's as well.

Is there a reason to do it one way or the other for distributing stress on landings and TO's or is it just personal preference?

Thanks
Ed
Oct 25, 2013, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondon69 View Post
... door to hatch for dock lines! I love it!
Lol..thanks and wheel chocks when I get her back to gears
Oct 25, 2013, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by race58 View Post
Ok I just noticed something and have a question for you guys.

It deals with the bracing on the sides. Some I see have the brace going from top front to rear bottom while others do it the other way bottom front to top rear,
I have seen both on fullsize 182's as well.

Is there a reason to do it one way or the other for distributing stress on landings and TO's or is it just personal preference?

Thanks
Ed
Not sure. The ones ive seen that go bottom front to top rear are normally on the 206 and 208's

Quick Reply