May 30, 2019, 08:57 AM
Themadartist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel Duval
One more thing to check. Look and see if the lash (slop) in the drive screw vs drive nuts has increased for some reason. I had one go bad and it did funny things.....
Mel, I apologise for this but I am very new to this stuff. Could you please expand on that thought, kind of give me a short "Dummies Guide" on how to check those things. Thanks, Steve.
to remove ads between posts
May 30, 2019, 11:07 AM
A.K.A sir Crashalot
You can run an axis until it tightens against a physical stop. then se how much you have to run it the other way for the axis to start moving again.
how many steps or degrees is much? personal preference i would say. Im a machinist and some of us get a bit anal about it
also see if the nut twists or moves in any way when things get tight. i would think it should not move. but i did not design that rig soo...
Jul 07, 2019, 11:31 PM

spar slot at the LE

spar slot at the LE
Jul 08, 2019, 05:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Matney
spar slot at the LE
it is possible, just take upper or lower square spar and take LE distance "0"
Sep 12, 2019, 03:17 PM
for some reason when the dxf file is loaded it want to cut the botttom cut first. I have had the problem before and cannot for the life of me remember how to change the starting point. the box cut top first is checked
Sep 12, 2019, 03:29 PM
Once in a lifetime
You have to reverse the order of points.
Sep 12, 2019, 07:55 PM
yes but i cant remember or figure out how to do it.
don
Sep 12, 2019, 09:12 PM
Once in a lifetime
Uncheck wing profile,
Click on the square on the top that displays profile points.
Right or left click on a point, "select all"
Reverse point order, save
Recheck the wing profile and the colors showing top and bottom should be reversed. Should be good to go.
Sep 13, 2019, 02:50 PM
thanks i know i had run into this before but could not for the life of me remember how i had fixed it
don
Sep 13, 2019, 03:11 PM
Once in a lifetime
No problem, had same issue this past spring.

Quick Reply