Feb 03, 2011, 10:27 AM
Thread OP
New Product

Blade 450 3D RTF/BNF!

Here is a new Blade Heli I found on Horizon's UK site. It will come as RTF or BNF.

http://www.horizonhobby.co.uk/aeroon...blade_450.html

OVERVIEW

The Blade 450 3D gives intermediate to advanced heli pilots an outdoor ready-to-fly experience like no other. It comes out of the box equipped with state-of-the-art features like brushless power, digital servos, a heading lock gyro, CCPM control and symmetrical blades. Its new and improved cyclic and tail servo provides crisper, cleaner response for added precision and stability while the new heading lock gyro that provides more control over the tail for additional control and confidence. The 450's aggressive new body and trim scheme make this Blade is one hot heli. And because it's flight tested at the factory, no pre-flight setup is required.

Like its predecessor, the RTF version of the Blade 450 comes equipped with Spektrum's advanced DX6i 2.4GHz DSM2 6-channel programmable aircraft system. Besides providing freedom from frequency restrictions and interference, the DX6i's DSM2 technology offers other unique advantages like faster control response and innovative features such as ServoSync. ServoSync automatically re-sequences transmitted data so mixed servos receive their pulses at the same time so you can fly 3D aerobatics with absolute precision. The system also includes the feather-light, 4.4-gram Spektrum AR6115e Microlite receiver.

The Blade 450 is ready for everything from smooth hovering to 3D aerobatic flying and blasts ready-to-fly 3D heli performance to new levels of precision and power. It comes completely assembled and equipped for aggressive 3D aerobatics with state-of-the art electronics and mechanics you would expect to find in more expensive kits that take hours to build. It's even been flight-tested and had the rotors balanced at the factory so you don't have to do any setup. Simply charge its 3S 2200mAh 30C LiPo battery and fly.

I haven't been able to find a price but I'm guessing the RTF will be around the same as the Blade 400 and the BNF in the $320-$350 range.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 03, 2011, 12:56 PM
Looks like they are jumping in with their own MEMS gyro as well.
Feb 03, 2011, 01:09 PM
Well it looks like it has the same servos and that could be a draw back
Feb 03, 2011, 02:07 PM
Says DS76s.I'm pretty sure the old ones were DS75s.The info says these are digital so there's that as well.I'd rather they were metal-geared.Overall this looks a bit better than the b400-no telling how they will sell.
Feb 03, 2011, 10:41 PM
Love my scale Whirlybirds
Seems there are many changes to the equipment and unfortunately for me, a few months too late to do any good. It looks like they (HH) have been quietly paying attention to the postings going on here and on other forums. The 450 seems to be close to the 400 in overall design. The tail servo on the boom was the first mod I made to mine so I am glad they did that change since they kept it a belt drive. I also see the canopy will take the 2200mAh battery so that may be a change I make to mine, as I prefer the Blade canopy to the average other 450 design, save for the 450 Pro canopy. Take care.

Don
Feb 04, 2011, 07:15 AM
Flying is Fun.Even if U Crash!
So you guys, any big advantage over the B400 here?

What do we think?

Chris
Feb 04, 2011, 07:16 AM
Flying is Fun.Even if U Crash!
Quote:
Originally Posted by destinbeachman
Looks like they are jumping in with their own MEMS gyro as well.

What's a MEMS gyro?
Feb 04, 2011, 07:58 AM
mSR,120SR,4G6S,UFLYS,1#A, v450d
I wonder why this is not anywhere on the US site yet?
Feb 04, 2011, 09:23 AM
QuAd FaNaTiC
why didnt they make it flybarless?
Feb 04, 2011, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29
why didnt they make it flybarless?
I think that would be asking a bit much
Feb 04, 2011, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29
why didn't they make it flybarless?
I think that would be asking a bit much that would shoot the price through the ceiling
Feb 04, 2011, 11:32 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Perhaps

BUT

look at the MCP X - its fly bar less and cheap; I guess I just hoped they would venture into the fly bar less 450 - would be more marketable if it was fly bar less

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Creation
I think that would be asking a bit much that would shoot the price through the ceiling
Feb 04, 2011, 11:58 PM
Heli of a man
I will pass on the blade 450.. Anything 450 and above is Trex for me from this point on..
Feb 05, 2011, 01:44 AM
dont play with rc anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enguneer
I will pass on the blade 450.. Anything 450 and above is Trex for me from this point on..
Agreed...pass

You can't polish a....well, I guess you can.
Looks good for those wanting a bnf, pull it out and fly, everyday basher.

Only time will tell if the mechanics and elecs are decent.
Feb 05, 2011, 11:50 AM
A picture of the Blade 450 I copied from a posting from RC Heli magazine on Facebook.

johrich

Quick Reply