Mar 03, 2011, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by natss
Death by Mosquito !!!!

Just imagine squeezing the trigger.
Well it's OK, I suppose. But the trigger on the Tetse Fly variant would push more of a punch...

PDR
to remove ads between posts
Mar 03, 2011, 04:46 PM

live and let live

Quote:
Originally Posted by migskyhigh
With no disrespect honestly I don't find it useful, you have to realise there is a broad spectrum of people on here and many may not care to follow anyone's banter about motors and this and that. Especially when its already been beat around a bit.
so far nobody has presented this data that is from horizon.
so if you don't find it of interest, let others decide. there is so much misinformation and some want to know and understand. just as someone like you don't care, some others may.
knowledge is power.
and:
live and let live.
Mar 03, 2011, 05:36 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Quick and only comment about motors... If you ask anybody here, what is the most common problem with ultra-micro, and pretty sure they will say the brushed motor. They are still a must in the UM fleet. The Beast is awesome, and I do have converted some of my UMs to brushless, but still, I love my brushed UMs even if the main problem is the fact that they don't last long. Now, this is the first UM with two motors, turning in opposite direction. Everything should be perfectly fine, but remember, that's twice the chance of having one motor go bad. I think Phil simply wanted to know what we will be dealing with in a few months from now. Thanks to some people who are not scared to experiment, we have great source for cheaper motors, and even more powerful brushed motors. Asking if we need to find another source for a counter rotating motor is basically a good quest. With the motors on the wings, I suspect we may even see more prop strikes, which are likely also not helping motor longevity.

So, yep, two motors, more chance to have one quit on you. But dang, that's the best thing HH made for us. Heck, if the next one has 4 motors, I'll pick up my jaw from the floor, buy a big stash of motors and go for it! But I don't mind having a headstart if I have to dig for some counter-rotating motors!

Until then, did any Bravo motor showed up somewhere in the world?
Mar 03, 2011, 05:51 PM
Thread OP
Skyjet, you have excelled and saved your fellow countrymen further embarrassment also you have taken the pressure off me to get my un-boxing/maiden up you are truley a pilot in control and show the mozzie off in it's best way, that last vid when no wind was present is the best so far and even I will have trouble matching that one

THANK YOU!

can't wait to get out on the weekend and maiden mine, IF that bloody wind subsides filmed the Un-boxing yesterday but when i downloaded to my computer i found i had stuffed up forgot to press record when i did the binding shots so have to do that again today DOHHH!!! then i'll start to put it all together

cheers chuck
Mar 03, 2011, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler
So, yep, two motors, more chance to have one quit on you. But dang, that's the best thing HH made for us. Heck, if the next one has 4 motors, I'll pick up my jaw from the floor, buy a big stash of motors and go for it! But I don't mind having a headstart if I have to dig for some counter-rotating motors!

Until then, did any Bravo motor showed up somewhere in the world?
Here's your mod/wish ........
Mar 03, 2011, 06:18 PM
Lori, hey, you're home early
Quote:
Originally Posted by migskyhigh
Who makes that mosquito, lots of detail on that one. Cool Mitsubishi J2M3 Raiden just behind the Mossie although the prop and spinner are far from scale.
Oops. I loaded that one by mistake. I was only looking at the thumbnails when I browsed before loading the pics. That's the Easytiger Mosquito. It's a whole lot bigger though than the Parkzone Mossie, 53" span. I got one a few months back and fly it as often as I can. I just came in from flying two packs through it. It has some very un-Mossie-like flight characteristics in that it can be slowed waaaaayyyy down without tipstalling. Here's a link to my thread modding it to a bomber nose version. I made the bomb doors operating and dropped bombs for the first time this evening. Pretty cool. Check the last page of the link later. I'm going to post some "hat-cam" video if it looks ok later on this evening. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1357452

The Mitsubishi Raiden while not my cup of tea was pretty impressive. I thought that it was fiberglass and therefore a little on the heavy side but it's all balsa/ply. ETM let me lift it and the bare airframe weighed maybe 4 pounds and possibly less.

Check my blog tonight and I'll have posted alll of my pics from the WRAM Show. I really liked the little Mossie and decided to get one. I'll wait until I can get one on sale at a show or something. Luke's Hobby Shop usually has some good deals on EFlite and Parkzone stuff at the NEAT Fair. While I liked the Mossie the best looking one was the Beast.

Mike
Mar 03, 2011, 06:49 PM
Park Stormer
Just flew mine today,the sun was setting, and there was zero wind when the big brown truck showed up, so I took advantage of the situation a few notes:

No major issues upon first inspection. The number 2 motor was a tad bit tighter than the number 1, but nothing worth writing home about....until after I put a pack through it. Now it's VERY tight, and will stop turning the second I come off power. Probably gonna contact horizon and get on the list for a replacement motor, as I imagine this one biting it soon.

Also, I have yet to check the CG, but on take off, she wanted to climb out at 45 degrees right away (as reported). After some down trim, the became happy again. What did seem to be an issue though, was a VERY sensitive tail, at 100% rate, but on the outer most control horn. Once I dialed back to 75% rate (zero expo) she flew much better. To be honest, I didn't even really feel the tip-stall tendency anywhere in the flight envelope. I think my current setting limits elevator travel to the point that it's hard to over alpha the wing.

The CG was still back a bit though, as the tail would drop before the nose in a turn. I'll check the official measurement tonight and see whats up.

Another interesting find, despite it being about 38 degrees F out, the hyperion 240 still came down warm. Not alarming warm, but you would think it had been a summer day warm. As we go into summer (in this part of the world at least) cooling might be an issue. I didn't try the e-flight battery yet though.
Mar 03, 2011, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwellmark
Here's your mod/wish ........
LMAO. Someone's got too much time and Photoshop...
Mar 03, 2011, 07:01 PM
On the multi-engine front, consider this; my 28" span B-17. It's a modded Powerfly RTF, which originally used thrust differential for control. Changed it to RET, flies great, and the EPP makes it very bouncable (don't ask how I know!) The only problem is it's heavy, 8 ozs., so it doesn't fly slow well. Looks great at altitude, tho, or coming by "on the deck".

A little big for micro, but scale-wise I think it's very close to the Mosquito.

Got my Mossie, now waiting for decent weather.
Mar 03, 2011, 07:12 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo
On the multi-engine front, consider this; my 28" span B-17. It's a modded Powerfly RTF, which originally used thrust differential for control. Changed it to RET, flies great, and the EPP makes it very bouncable (don't ask how I know!) The only problem is it's heavy, 8 ozs., so it doesn't fly slow well. Looks great at altitude, tho, or coming by "on the deck".

A little big for micro, but scale-wise I think it's very close to the Mosquito.

Got my Mossie, now waiting for decent weather.
Very nice... But you're right, scale is somewhat important, and most UMs are in the 1/30 range more or less.... So my dream may not come true Or it would need a heck of a big box to carry it! But for a 4 motor UM, I would not mind something with 6mm motors and smaller scale. Would be a shame not to fly it in formation with other warbirds though!

BTW: Thanks to all lucky Mosquito owners. Everybody is truly doing an awesome job at describing their maiden! Good job!
Mar 03, 2011, 08:25 PM
Got mine today but was too late to fly outside. Did a few dry runs instead. Here are the results:

Test with engine at 75% with a few random servo movements thrown in.

Hyperion 240s: No audible engine pulse. LVC cut out at 5 min on the dot.
Stock 250: Slight engine pulse at 5min 40 sec with a LVC cut out at 6min 12 seconds.
Mar 03, 2011, 08:27 PM
What is everyone talking about the box for ?

I have some old monitor and laptop boxes (in case of warranty), all with the plastic carry handles....

Just need to figure out the flip open lid bit now.
Mar 03, 2011, 08:40 PM
Electric baptism 1975
My ship came in. Mossie looks great, weather LOOKED nice. Mostly sunny, just around freezing....then the wind started, nasty gusty. So I think I'll take my time check it all out thoroughly first. Rushing always seems to come back & bite me.
Mar 03, 2011, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler
it would need a heck of a big box to carry it!
Actually, it isn't all THAT big, it fits nicely in the front seat.
Mar 03, 2011, 08:47 PM
Registered American Veteran
Had a little time this evening and got around to testing the Mosquito’s output. This was with a fully charged E-flite 250MAh 20C 1S LiPo at WOT.

Stan

Quick Reply