Oct 07, 2012, 11:18 PM
big ignore list
brushless55's Avatar
Awesome info!
thank you

has anyone done any performance mods to this plane?

thanks
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 08, 2012, 04:23 AM
Registered User
Hi Guys

I got a Mossie a couple of weeks ago. The maiden flight was very eventful, took her out in a a little breeze, but as with others i have now read about (didnt know this before i flew her) she was very tail heavy. The flight was very eventful, but managed to get her down in one piece after a couple of minutes of messing with the trim first to try and sort her out.

I then decided to read this forum found out about the tail heavyness. I first tried a small 10 c coin (South African) which helped alot, but eventually i used a 20c coin which made a huge difference. I had three awesome fights with her yesterday, she flies and sounds beautiful.
Oct 08, 2012, 08:47 AM
Registered User
Where do you guys place the coin exactly? I can't fit anything under the nose cone (plastic battery cover). The most I managed was a couple of small watch batteries with tape under the cover, but then I have to push the battery back a little. I'm just on the verge of the cg and any breeze still pushes the nose up a lot...
Oct 08, 2012, 08:57 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadorey View Post
Where do you guys place the coin exactly? I can't fit anything under the nose cone (plastic battery cover). The most I managed was a couple of small watch batteries with tape under the cover, but then I have to push the battery back a little. I'm just on the verge of the cg and any breeze still pushes the nose up a lot...
Just go to a 500Ma battery and you will be fine, you can fly it until your thumbs fall off!
Tim
Oct 08, 2012, 11:38 AM
Have fun
airpower's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55 View Post
Awesome info!
thank you

has anyone done any performance mods to this plane?

thanks
Some are trying brushless setups. But we arent very motivated becuase stocl the Mossie has ALOT of power. Very high thrust to weight to the point where you can point the nose up firewall the throttle and she goes and its unscale!!!
Oct 08, 2012, 11:40 AM
big ignore list
brushless55's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by airpower View Post
Some are trying brushless setups. But we arent very motivated becuase stocl the Mossie has ALOT of power. Very high thrust to weight to the point where you can point the nose up firewall the throttle and she goes and its unscale!!!
That's what I wanted to hear!!
my UM Spitfire lacks power to go vertical.. it just falls out of the sky when I try that sport flying..
Oct 08, 2012, 11:46 AM
Have fun
airpower's Avatar
Well i wouldnt say the mossie goes vertical, but it can do a very aggressive climb.
Oct 08, 2012, 12:37 PM
Power Wheels Guru
UNGN's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by airpower View Post
Well i wouldnt say the mossie goes vertical, but it can do a very aggressive climb.
Swapping the factory battery with a Hyperion 240 adds just enough thrust that it can takeoff nearly vertically... maybe an 85 degree climb.

With the factory battery, not so much.

Might have to make a parallel connector and try dual Eflite 25C's to see how these do.
Oct 08, 2012, 04:45 PM
big ignore list
brushless55's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by airpower View Post
Well i wouldnt say the mossie goes vertical, but it can do a very aggressive climb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGN View Post
Swapping the factory battery with a Hyperion 240 adds just enough thrust that it can takeoff nearly vertically... maybe an 85 degree climb.

With the factory battery, not so much.

Might have to make a parallel connector and try dual Eflite 25C's to see how these do.
That's good enough for me
Oct 08, 2012, 05:01 PM
Have fun
airpower's Avatar
Either way, there's not much point doing motor mods, maybe things to make the motors last longer, but that's it.
Oct 08, 2012, 07:20 PM
big ignore list
brushless55's Avatar
what about different props?
Oct 08, 2012, 08:34 PM
Registered User
Ohhh---But contraire!!!

I'm about to experiment with Bravo SX motors that have proven to supply waaaay more power than the stock motors...The issue is with the reversed motor is requiring the brushes on the reversed motor being "reversed"....I'm going to put a Bravo SX motor on the "normal" rotating prop and take apart a stock Mossie reversed motor and use the reversed brushes from the end cap of the stock Mossie motor to get the Bravo SX motor rotation correct with reversed brushes...

I posed using the stock Mossie motor reversed brushes in a Bravo SX motor question in the "Bravo SX/Solo Motor" thread but with no reply...I guess that I'm the guinea pig for this mod...

Kevin
Last edited by Kevin Greene; Oct 08, 2012 at 08:56 PM.
Oct 08, 2012, 09:10 PM
Have fun
airpower's Avatar
BL55 no one has tried different props, couple reasons.
1. It has plenty of power.
2nd, but really utmost, any bigger the prop and youll dice up the nose.
Oct 08, 2012, 09:53 PM
big ignore list
brushless55's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
Ohhh---But contraire!!!

I'm about to experiment with Bravo SX motors that have proven to supply waaaay more power than the stock motors...The issue is with the reversed motor is requiring the brushes on the reversed motor being "reversed"....I'm going to put a Bravo SX motor on the "normal" rotating prop and take apart a stock Mossie reversed motor and use the reversed brushes from the end cap of the stock Mossie motor to get the Bravo SX motor rotation correct with reversed brushes...

I posed using the stock Mossie motor reversed brushes in a Bravo SX motor question in the "Bravo SX/Solo Motor" thread but with no reply...I guess that I'm the guinea pig for this mod...

Kevin
bring on the power bro!!
Oct 09, 2012, 03:32 AM
BMFA 190658
SilentPilot's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
Ohhh---But contraire!!!

I'm about to experiment with Bravo SX motors that have proven to supply waaaay more power than the stock motors...The issue is with the reversed motor is requiring the brushes on the reversed motor being "reversed"....I'm going to put a Bravo SX motor on the "normal" rotating prop and take apart a stock Mossie reversed motor and use the reversed brushes from the end cap of the stock Mossie motor to get the Bravo SX motor rotation correct with reversed brushes...

I posed using the stock Mossie motor reversed brushes in a Bravo SX motor question in the "Bravo SX/Solo Motor" thread but with no reply...I guess that I'm the guinea pig for this mod...

Kevin
Why not just try it without contra rotating props?
Latest blog entry: My Fleet


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product New Hobby-Lobby micro P-51 and Spirfire! - direct competitor to Parkzone Ultra Micro? Smokescreen38 Micro Ready-to-Fly 316 Aug 22, 2012 11:51 PM
Discussion Parkzone New Ultra Micro Mosquito Mk VI ChuckTseeker Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 4 Feb 03, 2011 01:22 AM
For Sale parkzone ultra micro J-3 cub BNF trade for micro trojan ED3 Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Nov 06, 2010 02:19 AM
Sold Moved to micro section -Parkzone Sukhoi SU-26m Ultra Micro BNF - w/ Lots of new parts FoggyFPV Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Jun 08, 2010 12:00 AM
Found Parkzone Ultra Micro P-51D BNF (New or like new condition) CGReload Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Oct 09, 2009 01:28 PM