Jul 21, 2011, 05:37 PM
Fly, be free! (splat)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsten
I tried to set up spoilerons, but both ail are going up and down together...can't get them normal.
Did you tell the Rx to separate the channels? If you did then you should be able to reverse one of them on your Tx.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 21, 2011, 05:57 PM
Quote:
I tried to set up spoilerons, but both ail are going up and down together...can't get them normal.
If you've separated the ailerons (instructions somewhere on here - do a search) then you need to reverse the flaps. On my DX6i it's on the SETUP list under REVERSE, I have FLAP-R set.
Jul 21, 2011, 06:07 PM
Can't get enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by aracer
If you've separated the ailerons (instructions somewhere on here - do a search) then you need to reverse the flaps. On my DX6i it's on the SETUP list under REVERSE, I have FLAP-R set.
I will try reversing one of the ail servos. I think that will do it. You guys are great~! Thankee.

UPDATE: Rervesing the right ail serv worked. I will try some spoilerons during flight/landing. Sweet.
Jul 22, 2011, 01:33 AM
RAFMAA
Quote:
I will try reversing one of the ail servos. I think that will do it. You guys are great~! Thankee.

UPDATE: Rervesing the right ail serv worked. I will try some spoilerons during flight/landing. Sweet.
you are going to love it with spoilerons!
it puts the mosquito on rails when your on your approach!
Jul 22, 2011, 06:41 AM
RAFMAA
Has any1 converted this to brushless yet?? will the ar6400t taken twin brushless motors??? i know the sukhoi flyers have had brushless conversions....

just thinking if my motor is shot..... then id ideally like my mosquito to have that scale speed factor! considering the real mosquito was 400mph fighter bomber.
id also go for proper inboard flaps if brushless is possible.

so any1 know if brushless is an option?
Chris
Jul 22, 2011, 07:04 AM
BMFA 190658
Let me know if you manage it mate!

I'm not after extra speed (though that would be nice), but the extra flight time would be more than welcome

Has anyone beefed up their wings? I pull a lot of high G aeros and now mine has noticeable dihedral that I would like to get rid of
Jul 22, 2011, 07:11 AM
RAFMAA
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentPilot
Let me know if you manage it mate!

I'm not after extra speed (though that would be nice), but the extra flight time would be more than welcome

Has anyone beefed up their wings? I pull a lot of high G aeros and now mine has noticeable dihedral that I would like to get rid of
iv just been looking on HK for bits for a conversion. currently reading sukhoi threads on BL conversions. hopefully its possible. i found in the uk (robotbirds.co.uk) pz servos. so might go for the inboard flaps.
just found this..... maybe this is my best option...
i have 300mah packs on the way too

your best bet would be to get some carbon rod just short of the wing span. cut a rod size channel. bond the carbon rod in the wing. then you can filler it smooth again. thats the way id approach this. possibly something i should consider if i got bl dont want any flash backs from bf109 or my glider days
Jul 22, 2011, 09:54 AM
Fly, be free! (splat)
I've been daydreaming about brushless for the mosquito but the ar6400t doesnt support it so it would have to be replaced with an r6400. It might require a little drilling, but the stock propellers should work nicely with an AP05 motor and the 1S power shown above.

I've done a brushless conversion like this on my UM P51 - you won't get any more power or flight time because the 1S gearbox is very efficient; what you will get is total reliability. After a while I upgraded to 2S which required a different propeller to work well. Although I love 2S on the mustang, I would want to keep the three-blade counter-rotating props on the mossie so that means sticking with 1S.

Having to replace the ar6400t makes brushless conversion rather expensive.
Last edited by jdwolters; Jul 22, 2011 at 01:03 PM.
Jul 22, 2011, 02:14 PM
F18
F18
Quote:
Originally Posted by lord chris
iv just been looking on HK for bits for a conversion. currently reading sukhoi threads on BL conversions. hopefully its possible. i found in the uk (robotbirds.co.uk) pz servos. so might go for the inboard flaps.
just found this..... maybe this is my best option...
i have 300mah packs on the way too

your best bet would be to get some carbon rod just short of the wing span. cut a rod size channel. bond the carbon rod in the wing. then you can filler it smooth again. thats the way id approach this. possibly something i should consider if i got bl dont want any flash backs from bf109 or my glider days
Lord Chris, SilentPilot.......regarding the carbon fiber rod reinforcement.....depending on the length and gauge of rod being imbedded.....you can force a carbon fiber rod down through the center of the foam core of the wing or stabilizers with a little twisting/drilling action. No need to cut a channel or use filler.
Use a straight pin to penetrate the foam rind/skin first then insert the rod and drill/thread in down it's length. I use a little Foam Safe CA on the first inch of the rod.... it seems to lubricate but I do it to lock in the rod when it dries.

All my UM planes have Carbon fiber rod wing reinforcement added, down into the root of the wing at the fuselage. On all, I only use about 5-6" of CF rod..... .030" (.8mm) gauge. This seems to do the trick for me with my style of aggressive flying......mostly in winds
Last edited by F18; Jul 22, 2011 at 02:31 PM.
Jul 22, 2011, 02:45 PM
BMFA 190658
Sounds good, I'll try that
Jul 22, 2011, 02:57 PM
F18
F18
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentPilot
Sounds good, I'll try that
I have never tried this technique with more than 5-6" of CF rod....did not have a need to. So if you do it for the full length of the wing I would be curious how you make out.

Cheers
Jul 22, 2011, 03:12 PM
RAFMAA
Quote:
Originally Posted by F18
Lord Chris, SilentPilot.......regarding the carbon fiber rod reinforcement.....depending on the length and gauge of rod being imbedded.....you can force a carbon fiber rod down through the center of the foam core of the wing or stabilizers with a little twisting/drilling action. No need to cut a channel or use filler.
Use a straight pin to penetrate the foam rind/skin first then insert the rod and drill/thread in down it's length. I use a little Foam Safe CA on the first inch of the rod.... it seems to lubricate but I do it to lock in the rod when it dries.

All my UM planes have Carbon fiber rod wing reinforcement added, down into the root of the wing at the fuselage. On all, I only use about 5-6" of CF rod..... .030" (.8mm) gauge. This seems to do the trick for me with my style of aggressive flying......mostly in winds
i never thought of just push/twisting a cf rod in! would probably work quite well. guess it is a patient process to make it in a smooth straight line.
Jul 22, 2011, 03:30 PM
F18
F18
Quote:
Originally Posted by lord chris
i never thought of just push/twisting a cf rod in! would probably work quite well. guess it is a patient process to make it in a smooth straight line.
There is some flex in the gauge of the rod that I use that can get you off course. But with my first attemps I started using a twisting/drilling motion while I pushed which helped a lot.

The great thing is it adds a lot of strength without much additional weight and filler. There is no cutting that would compromise the higher density skin of the foam and it is invisible.
Last edited by F18; Jul 22, 2011 at 05:02 PM.
Jul 22, 2011, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdwolters
Having to replace the ar6400t makes brushless conversion rather expensive.
You could use a signal converter instead, which would make it rather cheaper - certainly wouldn't be a significant factor compared to all the other brushless stuff.

I guess you're not after the ultimate in lightweight with a Mossie, but https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._ESC_3_5A.html is probably still a handy ESC, and https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ar_Servo_.html for adding inner flaps.
Jul 22, 2011, 04:51 PM
Fly, be free! (splat)
Is there a micro signal converter? That would be nice. The servo looks great; I think I would stick with the XP3A and use it's connectors.

Quick Reply