Feb 03, 2011, 02:18 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Parkzones New Ultra Micro F4U Corsair

yes you read right it's here at last

http://www.modelflight.com.au/produc...NF-8638-6.html

Overview

It was an icon of U.S. military might during WWII – a weapon so devastating its foes referred to it as “Whistling Death”. Now the F4U Corsair is making a name for itself as the latest ParkZone Ultra Micro Series scale warbird that you can fly just about anywhere.

This micro is capable of sport aerobatics or slow touch-n-go’s, just like its larger park flyer brother, one of the most popular warbirds in the ParkZone line. It boasts great scale details like molded panel lines, a clear canopy, scale landing gear that allow you to enjoy the scale looks of this great WWII legend just about anywhere with the same flight characteristics you’ve come to expect from the park flyer model. Finer details such as a 3 bladed propeller and a choice of two decal sets (included) from two of WWII Corsair aces – “Pappy” Boyington and “Ike” Kepford add to the authenticity of the plane.

Available in both Ready-To-Fly and Bind-N-Fly completion levels, the ParkZone Ultra Micro Series F4U comes out of the box with the traditional tri-tone navy trim scheme, 4-Channel control, steerable tail wheel, and removable landing gear. Both the RTF & BNF come complete with Spektrum AR6400 DSM2 receiver so you can fly without the fear of interference in as little time as it takes to charge your included 150mAh Li-Po battery with its DC charger.
Features

Great scale details including a 3-bladed prop, molded panel lines, clear canopy and tri-color trim option of two decal sets
Full 4-channel control - flies just like its larger parkflyer brother
Capable of aerobatics like rolls, loops, and more
Removable landing gear & steerable tail wheel
150mAh LiPo Battery and DC Charger included
Specs

Wingspan 15.9 in (405mm)
Overall Length 12.8 in (326mm)
Wing Area 48.7 sq in (314 sq cm)
Flying Weight 1.47oz (41.8g)
Motor Size 8.5mm Coreless Brushed motor
Radio 4+ Channel DSM2 Transmitter required
Servos AS2000L (included)
Recommended Battery 150mAh 1S 3.7V Li-Po battery (included)
Aileron Yes
Elevator Yes
Rudder Yes
Throttle Yes
Flaps No
Retracts No
Scale Ultra Micro
Charger 3.7V Li-Po Charger (included)
Steering Yes
Minimum Age Recommendation 14 years
Experience Level Intermediate
Recommended Environment Indoor/Outdoor
Is Assembly Required No

Ultra Micro F4U Corsair RTF and BNF by ParkZone (1 min 1 sec)

cheers chuck
Last edited by ChuckTseeker; Mar 08, 2011 at 06:00 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 03, 2011, 02:27 AM
Doing it in the Lateral Axis
Sweet! Got to have this one as well
Feb 03, 2011, 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by modfly
Sweet! Got to have this one as well
Me too!!!
Feb 03, 2011, 02:48 AM
this one i must have to
Feb 03, 2011, 03:00 AM
Can't get enough

Yes

Awesome!
Feb 03, 2011, 03:30 AM
Go Ugly Early
DAMN!!! And I just finished building this tonight!

Feb 03, 2011, 03:45 AM
Once crash at a time
Sub'd
Feb 03, 2011, 04:20 AM
So excited for this one. Already have the Champ, Night Vapor, T28, P51, Su-26XP, 4 Site, and my wife just got me a Beast for Christmas. Now to work on convincing her that I need to preorder both of these...shouldn't be too hard I only wish they offered these new warbirds in a PNP like the 4 Site as I'm tired of having all these little Parkzone chargers as I use an iCharger206B w/ the harness to charge 6 1S bats at once and my entire fleet is going w/ Hyperion bats. Please Horizon give your most dedicated customers PNPs as I already have a bag full of these chargers!
Feb 03, 2011, 04:22 AM
Hog Pen,

So sorry but nice job!
Feb 03, 2011, 07:02 AM
Account Closed
lovin' the TWO new Um's coming in March, especially the TWIN Mosquito.....

And I see something 'different' on the corsair, servo's under the wing?...not in the fusey,,,dunno how THAT will be though....

Awesome work HH!

Keep the micro's coming!

Feb 03, 2011, 07:04 AM
Feb 03, 2011, 07:05 AM
One of the usual suspects
Here's the PZ link:
http://parkzone.com/Products/Default...rodId=PKZU1600
Feb 03, 2011, 07:14 AM
Suspended Account
Sold!

Only thing I don't like is the aileron servo placement, might be bad for grass belly landings. Need to make some light covers for them.
Feb 03, 2011, 07:27 AM
Account Closed
Quote:
Originally Posted by schooner2000
Sold!

Only thing I don't like is the aileron servo placement, might be bad for grass belly landings. Need to make some light covers for them.
yes will cause issue's down the road I would bet....

also, the corasir is TINY at only 15", the mosquito at 20"

And with the slightly better charger setup(not much better tho..lol) my choice is made which to get of the new..
The Mosquito!

Can't wait till March!

Feb 03, 2011, 07:33 AM
Crash, Learn, Repeat
Sweet and a three blade!!!!

Quick Reply