Apr 22, 2014, 01:45 AM
Are we there yet?
There's a 1500kv Heli motor some have used, I think on 4s, you'd need to check this thread for more details https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ter_Motor.html.

Other options might be a 35-48 1250kv motor, the 35-42 size might work but you'd need to research them and they might need lead under the motor to get it to balance, depends on your layout when you finish. I reckon an 8x8 on the 35-48 would be a safe start but ask around 1st.

Inrunners then maybe an SK3 inrunner, there's a 1600kv version, I don't read up on those but I guess you could. The 1900kv version is used in FJU's, not sure on prop size on 4s, Mopar has mentioned in the FJU thread what would be an option IIRC.

Or you could just use your credit for batteries and an esc and get a motor from elsewhere.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 22, 2014, 09:12 AM
olllian
I run that motor on 6s with a 7x6 prop
Apr 22, 2014, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by olllian
That is what I call a real screamer
Apr 22, 2014, 11:45 PM
Suspended Account
I want mine fast like my Funjet. :thumbup:
Apr 23, 2014, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by olllian
Which motor?
Th inrunner SKS 1900kv?
Apr 23, 2014, 11:31 AM
Are we there yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezzejamez
I want mine fast like my Funjet. :thumbup:
It's going to take a whole load of watts to be as fast as your FJU, the DF is a lot draggier. Unless you slow your FJU down, that'd make it easier.

A Mega 22-xx-xx would be my choice Jezze, along with a bungee to launch it with due to the battery that's probably needed
Apr 23, 2014, 02:29 PM
186mph Funjet Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by feefo
There's a 1500kv Heli motor some have used, I think on 4s, you'd need to check this thread for more details https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ter_Motor.html.
I have a rewound version of that motor, tested on 6S with a 7x10APC sport prop.
~140A and 27K rpm.
On 4S it would take the 7x10 with the standard wind.
I have this one reserved for an EF1 airframe on 4-5S (on 6S it would blow up any EF1 or FJU!)

René
Last edited by E-speed buff; Apr 23, 2014 at 02:36 PM.
Apr 23, 2014, 02:58 PM
Are we there yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-speed buff
I have a rewound version of that motor, tested on 6S with a 7x10APC sport prop.
~140A and 27K rpm.
On 4S it would take the 7x10 with the standard wind.
I have this one reserved for an EF1 airframe on 4-5S (on 6S it would blow up any EF1 or FJU!)

René
You need to do more video's
Apr 24, 2014, 01:33 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by feefo
It's going to take a whole load of watts to be as fast as your FJU, the DF is a lot draggier. Unless you slow your FJU down, that'd make it easier.

A Mega 22-xx-xx would be my choice Jezze, along with a bungee to launch it with due to the battery that's probably needed
I was just playing. I thing 130 range would be comfortable and still slow down without bad tendencys. I'm torn I really like the DF but the Moray racer has my eye as well.
Apr 25, 2014, 06:31 PM
olllian
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimripper
Which motor?
Th inrunner SKS 1900kv?
Post 4201
Apr 25, 2014, 08:27 PM
Suspended Account
well I pulled the trigger on a Moray racer today, I have the dogfighter on the back burner for now. I'm going to slap the sticks around on the more ray and see how she flies and handles. It was just a tad bit less money to get them already in the air and right now I'm on a crunch.
I most likely will buy a dog fighter if I can find a sale somewhere otherwise that's next on my list hopefully I made the right choice getting this one first. The extra 80 3 millimeters would be nice at far distance. Oh well ttyl
Apr 26, 2014, 01:37 AM
I had the Moray

Its too small , too fast, too responsive . Everything the Dog isnt :-)
You'll need good eyesight & lots of room to fly it.
Unforgiving, scary to fly. Be carefull when you launch it, it may try & torque over .
Its not all that bad, I crashed my Moray lining up for the landing approach, I was a bit slow in the turn. Alot of guys seemed to crash the Moray on takeoff, so watch out for torque roll to the left, dont give it too much throttle on take-off.

It is alot of plane for a low low price, & its really well made. Lots of carbon.
Apr 26, 2014, 07:28 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1101
I had the Moray

Its too small , too fast, too responsive . Everything the Dog isnt :-)
You'll need good eyesight & lots of room to fly it.
Unforgiving, scary to fly. Be carefull when you launch it, it may try & torque over .
Its not all that bad, I crashed my Moray lining up for the landing approach, I was a bit slow in the turn. Alot of guys seemed to crash the Moray on takeoff, so watch out for torque roll to the left, dont give it too much throttle on take-off.

It is alot of plane for a low low price, & its really well made. Lots of carbon.

Wing span is 82mm shorter yes.. All my Funfighters are small fast and disappear quick. I just keep them close and fast. Thanks for the tip. I'm actually looking for a dogfighter. I'll just have to own both.

Half throttle and a vertical launch. Should be OK. Back on topic. Thanks again
Apr 29, 2014, 03:41 PM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
New setup ready: Mega 22/35/1.5ER, APC7x7sport and 4S3000. 85Amps static. I'd say "Just about right!"
Apr 29, 2014, 03:55 PM
Faster is Better

Quick Reply