This thread is privately moderated by tftcrider, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 02, 2011, 09:23 AM
Find More Posts by tftcrider
Discussion

Dipping into Helis

I plan on getting my first Heli soon. I am going to go with a blade Cx3. I want a coaxial heli because I hear they are way easier to fly. I have tried some helis out on realflight and I have some of the basics down.

Does anyone have any tips for me? Or any good mods I can make once I get comfortable with my chopper?
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2011, 12:13 PM
Find More Posts by verticalspark
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
This is an easy one as I hear these questions all the time at work. The Coaxial helis are the best way to learn to fly and most are very stable. As for the CX3, its a good heli to learn on as it is essentially a CX2 with a different body and a head locking gyro.

My only tip is to go slow. When flying the CX2/3 you need to make small and smooth adjustments to the controls. If you try to fly by "banging the sticks" the heli will react fast and generally get into a situation that will result in a crash. The blade helis have a lot of power so try to be easy on the throttle for the first couple of flights or your flight can go south really quick.
Old Feb 02, 2011, 04:38 PM
Find More Posts by tftcrider
Thanks for the advice... I will be gentle on the sticks!
Old Feb 04, 2011, 03:13 AM
Find More Posts by flyinryanflyin
I don't know how much r/c experience you have already.

If you have any I would recommend skipping a co-axial and going straight for a

fixed pitch helicopter, especially if you are planning to fly collective pitch heli's

in the future. Fixed pitch will teach you skills you can use to pilot a collective

helicopter some day.

I personally got board flying a co-axial in about 30 min.

All helicopters are cool though!