Thread Tools
Jan 23, 2013, 05:20 PM
Dang!....What else did I bring
oletimer's Avatar

Calling All Zero Builders!


Hey everyone;
Just got the email on where are we going to build our Zero's build party. I was hoping we could have an OC grouping??? Tom? Lars/Keith?? Me? OR would a group like to carpool to Pismo's or Brians?

Sound off and then we can see what everyone wants to do!
I do have a bandsaw and radial arm saw. Hope to be getting the belt sander from HF... but my Garage would hold about 4 - 5 guys working.... the rest of you drinkers can wait out in the street for your messed up parts!

Oletimer/Jeff
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 23, 2013, 05:37 PM
Registered User
Dick J's Avatar
Im game for anything you know me !!! Finally THE ZERO yea of course just when I m doing the M60 build !!!
Jan 23, 2013, 05:46 PM
EPP Extrordinare
Mr. Combat Certain's Avatar
Jeff, when is the scheduled pick-up? Id love to do do a carpool either direction is done I think it's about the same distance either way
Jan 23, 2013, 05:59 PM
Silent Flight
Twyl's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazfone
There's also a store I found in Irvine that has small rolls of the thinner window shade Mylar for 3 dollars. It's called Daiso, on Culver.
Awesome! I love that store. For those who don't know it's the Japanese version of the dollar store. Things aren't all $1.00 though at least here in the states. Quality and flavor of gadgets are better though!

-Jonathan
Jan 23, 2013, 06:07 PM
Nothing to see here...
67econoline's Avatar
Jeff
I am going to both.( I guess all three!!) Pismos is first. I would love to go to an OC build at your place too.
I am going to pick my kit up there.

Rubio
who has bondo fingers
Jan 23, 2013, 07:02 PM
Registered User
Dick J's Avatar
Must take after his daddy he he he
Jan 23, 2013, 07:11 PM
Sane til the lift starts!
kpeevyhouse's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by oletimer
Hey everyone;
Just got the email on where are we going to build our Zero's build party. I was hoping we could have an OC grouping??? Tom? Lars/Keith?? Me? OR would a group like to carpool to Pismo's or Brians?

Sound off and then we can see what everyone wants to do!
I do have a bandsaw and radial arm saw. Hope to be getting the belt sander from HF... but my Garage would hold about 4 - 5 guys working.... the rest of you drinkers can wait out in the street for your messed up parts!

Oletimer/Jeff
I'd be willing to host build parties at my house. Maybe on Sundays? That would be the easiest day for me. That would also motivate me to finish cleaning up my shop.

I'll be driving down to San Diego to pick up the kits, whenever they have them ready. I probably won't be staying to do any building, so carpooling may not be an option for anybody. But I can pick up anybody's kit if they can't make it.
Jan 23, 2013, 07:12 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67econoline
Jeff
I am going to both.( I guess all three!!) Pismos is first. I would love to go to an OC build at your place too.
I am going to pick my kit up there.

Rubio
who has bondo fingers
Since you guys build together...I have a question...what is the best way to mark and sand the angle of the dihedral into the wing joiner...I was thinking of just eyeballing it. Im building a PSS glass p51 with the usual blue foam balsa covered wing.
Jan 23, 2013, 07:18 PM
Sane til the lift starts!
kpeevyhouse's Avatar
tbogey,

If the plane calls for 3" of dihedral, then I block up each wingtip with 1.5" blocks. The root faces the edge of the workbench. Then I run a sanding block along the root, keeping it flush with the edge of the table. Repeat for the other wing, and you're done!

-Keith
Jan 23, 2013, 07:27 PM
Silent Flight
Twyl's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeevyhouse
tbogey,

If the plane calls for 3" of dihedral, then I block up each wingtip with 1.5" blocks. The root faces the edge of the workbench. Then I run a sanding block along the root, keeping it flush with the edge of the table. Repeat for the other wing, and you're done!

-Keith
Way to logical to be legal! Nice tip. How smooth is the front of your work bench now?

-Jonathan
Jan 23, 2013, 07:28 PM
Sane til the lift starts!
kpeevyhouse's Avatar
hee hee... not very smooth. But as long as I keep the sanding block vertical, it doesn't matter!
Jan 23, 2013, 07:28 PM
Nothing to see here...
67econoline's Avatar
^ ^ ^


just like he said

Rubio
Jan 23, 2013, 07:30 PM
Nothing to see here...
67econoline's Avatar
what do you want???

a "pretty bench"

or a good flyin plane

your choice

rubio
Jan 23, 2013, 07:30 PM
Registered User
Dick J's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67econoline
^ ^ ^


just like he said

Rubio
Get back to your Bondo !!!!!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold Medel tech P-47 Orange County, Ca SurfOnH2o Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Dec 13, 2010 11:22 AM
Discussion Looking for other BASHERS in the Orange County, Ca area Bulldogs Large Scale Cars 0 Nov 16, 2010 09:36 PM
Discussion Slope Flying Sites in Orange County ngdbud Slope 50 Oct 14, 2009 01:51 AM
Discussion Orange County electric/slope flyers ryan v USA - District X 1 Nov 26, 2008 08:13 PM
New Indoor RC Club in Orange County, CA OCModels Electric Plane Talk 10 May 12, 2001 07:53 PM