Sep 06, 2011, 01:41 PM
Silent Flight
Ditto on the "I'm back". A 2.5 week vacation turned into a month long workation plus business trip etc. I now have 25 days of bachelorhood before my wife and son get back so we'll see what all I can get accomplished For one I need to complete that silly Speedo build (yes, it's still not done )

Updates to follow.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 06, 2011, 01:49 PM
Thread OP
I'm down for a carpool. Happy to have someone to chat airplanes with.

-Wayne
Sep 06, 2011, 02:35 PM
It was a radio hit...I swear!

That's 2

Twyl! Nice to hear from you. These single guys just don't understand do they? Hey did you get into the P-39 build?

Ok, Wayne and I makes two. Anyone else care to join? I can fit 4 comfortably in my little Mazda but will need a bigger car if more of you go.
Sep 06, 2011, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slopeaddict View Post
Yes! I AM BACK (I hope)!! The wife's house painting chemical imbalance and house remodeling sickness seem to be subsiding and fading slowly...it's probably because the kids are on their way back to school and she has other distractions and different focus now .

OK let's see...where are we? I think I had a plug of some sort laying around...I think it was red...hey what's this white cloth stuff on my table and what are these bottles of thick clear syrup? They are obviously napkins but I don't see pancakes...hhmmm

Oh yeah, who wants to carpool to Pismo's house in San Diego this Saturday for the P-39 build?
Welcome back fabio!

Adrian
Sep 07, 2011, 12:45 AM
It's not going to build itself
Quote:
Twyl! Nice to hear from you. These single guys just don't understand do they? Hey did you get into the P-39 build?

Ok, Wayne and I makes two. Anyone else care to join? I can fit 4 comfortably in my little Mazda but will need a bigger car if more of you go.
I would like to go with you guys.
Sep 07, 2011, 01:01 AM
Here's a video Scott Magner shot from his Octocopter. Kite Hill, Laguna Niguel CA. I mostly fly the slope, but the new runway is pretty cool.
Runway 22 (2 min 1 sec)
Sep 07, 2011, 11:00 AM
Silent Flight
Quote:
Thanks Fabio, too true too true, and yeah, I missed the P-39 build but wish all you guys a fun time and some pretty planes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRISME View Post
Here's a video Scott Magner shot from his Octocopter. Kite Hill, Laguna Niguel CA. I mostly fly the slope, but the new runway is pretty cool.
http://vimeo.com/28635600
Tom, could just be me, but the link didn't work.

EDIT: Nevermind, it works now
Sep 07, 2011, 11:33 AM
Twyl, I am positive that there will be others in the near future (Cajon 2013 ). Just keep your eyes peeled for announcements on RCG. Kit prices are almost a giveaway and lots of nice people and good builders to meet.

Tom! What's been shakin' dude! Seems like you've been doing the flying for all of us family prisoners What's your secret?

Alright that's 3. Anyone else interested please say "I". I was thinking that, time and wind permitting, on the way back from Pismo's we could make an erroneous left turn at Palomar Road. Hey isn't that on the way to Dave's Beach? We can play it by ear.
Sep 07, 2011, 11:38 AM
Thread OP
I'll have to repair the tail on my Monkey if we are going flying.. Somehow I managed to nail myself with my own plane and the vertical popped off.
Sep 07, 2011, 01:43 PM
Heee, heee, heeee
Sep 07, 2011, 06:55 PM
Sane til the lift starts!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRISME View Post
Wow, that was a really cool video!!! Loved it!
Sep 07, 2011, 07:19 PM
Thread OP
He has some other cools ones on his Vimeo..
Sep 07, 2011, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotozuk View Post
I'll have to repair the tail on my Monkey if we are going flying.. Somehow I managed to nail myself with my own plane and the vertical popped off.
If one of the guys at work had said that, it would've meant something totally different.
Sep 07, 2011, 09:03 PM
Welcome back guys!
Fabio, I've been working my tail off, but managing to get in some short flying sessions.
Dave's beach sounds cool. What should we take?
Sep 07, 2011, 10:38 PM
Judging from the weather today we might be better off taking swim trunks and boogie boards. It will probably be very calm so I am thinking more along the lines of thermal birds or even motorized gliders (radians, easy gliders, your DG ???

Quick Reply