Jul 31, 2003, 02:53 AM
The Magician.
Thread OP

The EdgeRC Pocket Combat Twin video is now up!!!

Thank you to www.allerc.com for the hard work involved in getting the Pocket Combat Twin video up for all to see. You can find it on the allerc website in the airplanes section.

It can also be found in the videos Page of the EdgeRC web site here: http://www.edgerc.com/video.htm

The video is a large size but worth the download.
It shows the extremes of performance. The slow and easy flying at the start, followed by fast and wild as well as the super slow landing of the twin.

The wing in the video is a competely stock kit powered by two EDP-50XC motors with the included GWS 0320 (3x2) props, 2 cell E-Tec1200 Lipo pack and covered with Ultracote. The wing is CNC cut, and all EPP with a carbon spar. It Spans 24 inches, and weighs 6.5oz. Look at the specs on the PCT page here: http://www.edgerc.com/pct.htm

Please feel free to ask any and all questions about the Pocket Combat Twin.

Thanks You,

Justin Ammon
480-593-2458
Justin@edgerc.com

Here is a photo of the Twin with its little brother the Pocket Combat Wing and a 48 inch Bird of Prey for a size compairison.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 31, 2003, 05:16 AM
Great Video,

Seems to be going 50 % faster then my PCW
Like the handcatch...How do you push it in that spin down?

Peter
Jul 31, 2003, 04:20 PM
The Magician.
Thread OP
Thanks Peter,

The PCT is faster than the single, but the most amazing part is that there is double the thrust for less than 20% increase in weight. This makes the little wing ballistic.

The high-speed spin in the video is full-throttle and full right aileron. Just be careful when you do it because when you pull out you don't know which way it is going to go. It sure does make it fun, and always gets a rise out of anyone that may be watching.

Just ask the people that watched the PCW do it repeatedly at the last MWE.

Justin
Jul 31, 2003, 06:03 PM
Hi Justin,

What are your experiences with the GWS 3x3 props on your Pocket Wings???

Peter
Jul 31, 2003, 06:13 PM
Wow, the plane was pretty impressive but the camera operator was amazing! Was that post cropped or did you just have a signal lock on the wing with a mechanical target tracker!? The only other answer is another pilot after a pot of coffee cause there is no way a non-pilot could have anticipated the direction changes that well. Great job.
Jul 31, 2003, 08:28 PM
The Magician.
Thread OP
All of the credit for this video has got to go to David at www.allerc.com. Considering that he was at the mercy of my flying. the video is amazing. He does fly RC, and I could not tell you how many pots of coffee he had before filming the video, but he seemed very relaxed before the filming started. It is great work. I don't think the video is cropped at all.

Thanks David, for the great work.

Justin
Jul 31, 2003, 08:31 PM
The Magician.
Thread OP
Peter,

I don't personally like the 3x3 props unless I am at more than 4000 feet. But that is a personal opinion as I know many people really like them. I keep some with me for higher altitude flying.

Justin

Quick Reply