Flyduino Mega , a Multiwii/Ardupirates/Aeroquad based aerial video platform FC - Page 89 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Jul 28, 2011, 12:30 PM
It wasn't me
r0sewhite's Avatar
1) Turnigy Plus = Hobbywing Pentium
2) Black Mantis = HK Blue Series = Maytech = Xetronic

I prefer 2 since you can change the rotation direction by programming. It's sometimes better than having to swap motor cables.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 28, 2011, 12:31 PM
Suspended Account
also #2 has the worst throttle response of any other esc.
Jul 28, 2011, 01:38 PM
Registered User
Goofy23's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by aBUGSnightmare
Hi Paul,
when will your new BOB for the Atmel IMU be available? I'm just thinking about which IMU I will use for the Flyduspider and would like to have another SBIN1 as an option.

Do you have an idea on the selling price for the bat-holder and the arms yet?

By the way, I think your footprint for the SMD resistors is quite small (for hand soldering); maybe you would like to make a small improvement on it and keep SMD resistors for the pull-ups on the new BOB design (use 1206; I've learned that most people - even those with little or less soldering skills - can handle it).


Rgds
Joerg
The resistors are 1206, of course i choosed 1206 for handpicking.
Also like 1206 more then trough hole.
But everyone with little soldering skills will be able to do it.
The endprices are not calculated, but it wont be that expensive.
The bob now is usable for every sensor config, of course.
Just made the atmel bob, as its it pretty easy to mount then, plug n play.
The hole board will get a vibration dampening, as the sensors are mounted directly then.
It will also be round to support + mode flying.

To the few failures some llc bobs have, i am sure its my handsoldering sorry for that, but of course i will send you anew one if you didnt get it working.
If you have problems, please try to resolder the pins first.
Jul 28, 2011, 02:20 PM
Registered User
st99's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0sewhite
1) Turnigy Plus = Hobbywing Pentium
2) Black Mantis = HK Blue Series = Maytech = Xetronic

I prefer 2 since you can change the rotation direction by programming. It's sometimes better than having to swap motor cables.

OK, thanks for the info.

st99
Jul 28, 2011, 02:31 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy23
The resistors are 1206, of course i choosed 1206 for handpicking.
Also like 1206 more then trough hole.
But everyone with little soldering skills will be able to do it.
The endprices are not calculated, but it wont be that expensive.
The bob now is usable for every sensor config, of course.
Just made the atmel bob, as its it pretty easy to mount then, plug n play.
The hole board will get a vibration dampening, as the sensors are mounted directly then.
It will also be round to support + mode flying.

To the few failures some llc bobs have, i am sure its my handsoldering sorry for that, but of course i will send you anew one if you didnt get it working.
If you have problems, please try to resolder the pins first.
Hi Paul,

I spend nearly the hole day trying to get it working. The problem is, that it works for some time and then suddenly stops working (I've probed the I2C bus - before and after the LLC - with an Logic16 logic analyzer I have at hands (http://www.saleae.com/logic16/)) and I don't get any data out of the LLC after some time. That's why I suspect there's a problem with the PCB (and because I've re-soldered every connection twice).

Having a BOB in exchange would be o.k..

Since you're designing a new BOB version why don't you use a 'true' I2C level converter (i.e. TXS0102 or PCA9306A (preferred))? Well, you would have to mount them (or have them mounted) since they come in SSOP packages, but this would be an ideal and reliable solution (no problem with bus lenght (I2C has a 400pf capacitance limit) and 400kHz bus frequency).

Rgds
Joerg
aBUGSworstnightmare
Jul 28, 2011, 02:42 PM
It wasn't me
r0sewhite's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop
also #2 has the worst throttle response of any other esc.
Only if you forgot to change startup speed from soft (default) to fast.
Jul 28, 2011, 03:15 PM
Registered User
Goofy23's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by aBUGSnightmare
Hi Paul,

I spend nearly the hole day trying to get it working. The problem is, that it works for some time and then suddenly stops working (I've probed the I2C bus - before and after the LLC - with an Logic16 logic analyzer I have at hands (http://www.saleae.com/logic16/)) and I don't get any data out of the LLC after some time. That's why I suspect there's a problem with the PCB (and because I've re-soldered every connection twice).

Having a BOB in exchange would be o.k..

Since you're designing a new BOB version why don't you use a 'true' I2C level converter (i.e. TXS0102 or PCA9306A (preferred))? Well, you would have to mount them (or have them mounted) since they come in SSOP packages, but this would be an ideal and reliable solution (no problem with bus lenght (I2C has a 400pf capacitance limit) and 400kHz bus frequency).

Rgds
Joerg
aBUGSworstnightmare
Those Mosfets are very good, normally, but yours have to be replaced.
There is much written about it, i read some ELV articles about it.
I switch to regular trough hole, think it will be ok thenm normally those mosfet llc gives us very good i2c signals.
Jul 28, 2011, 05:04 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by st99
Hi Warthox,

What ESC would recomend.? I am going to make an order in a couple more days for the flyduspider frame and flyduino board.

Thanks,
at99
i use turnigy plush and hobbywing pentium.
i installed arround 100 yet and all work perfectly. not one was damaged or doesnt work.
Jul 28, 2011, 08:29 PM
Registered User
st99's Avatar
Sounds good.

Thanks.
Jul 28, 2011, 08:35 PM
Registered User
fr3d-nexus's Avatar

monitoring lipo with mega mission planner


hi goofy,
I am trying to understand megapirates code's using mega planner mission for an megaheXa. I have some difficulties to connect to the card with or without the cli (I will try on a different computer, or with a differents usb chip I'm using an usb plug with the cp2102 chip )
but this not the problem.

so here is the question :
I'would like to monitor the lipo battery under mission planner, must I build, as in a multiwiirotor, an external resistor divider with 33k & 51k ? and connect the middle to A0 ?
or there is already a built-in divisor and I had only to plug the main lipo(3s) red wire on the "IN" flyduino pin ? (I'm using a external bec, nor esc bec) .

greetings.
Last edited by fr3d-nexus; Jul 28, 2011 at 08:42 PM.
Jul 28, 2011, 08:42 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0sewhite
Only if you forgot to change startup speed from soft (default) to fast.
Maybe you misunderstand what "throttle response" is.
This is startup response.
Jul 29, 2011, 12:01 AM
Retired CAD guy
birdofplay's Avatar
fr3d-nexus: with the power distribution board it would be easy to add resistors
and then run the center wire to your port.
Jul 29, 2011, 02:32 AM
It wasn't me
r0sewhite's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop
Maybe you misunderstand what "throttle response" is.
This is startup response.
It does not only affect the first spin up but smoothes any change of the throttle channel. A simple way to find out: Keep this parameter on SOFT and the copter will wobble even with very low PID values. Set it OFF and the ESC reacts like it should.
Jul 29, 2011, 07:00 AM
Registered User

Universal Mounting plate


Hi,

this is a little bit off-topic, but 'who dares wins'!
I'm looking for a universal mounting plate (like the one shown in the picture, 50x50mm, made of plastic or ..., 45mm mounting holes) for mounting i.e. my receiver on the Flyduspider.
Does anybody know were I can buy one off the shelf?
I can't make them myself since I don't own a milling machine (and I don't want to do it with a jigsaw).

I would also like to know if somebody would mill them for me. I have a drawing made with Eagle at the moment (the one shown in the attachment).

Thanks for answering
Joerg
Last edited by aBUGSnightmare; Jul 29, 2011 at 07:16 AM.
Jul 29, 2011, 09:05 AM
Registered User
M4d_D's Avatar
hi ,
i have a big problem with my octo at the moment...
if i fly with gyros only it works great , if i switch the accelerometer on it flies okay but sometimes it suddenly tips forwards or backwards ( never to the side ) and i have to counteract really hard to keep it under control . i wanted to try fpv today ( first time ) and it did that and landed in a tree ... nothing except one prop broke but i need to know why it does that .
im using flyduino and ff imu

i might be forced to switch to wm+ with bma020 but i therefore i would need another board i.e. the flydusense bob . when will thete be new ones paul ? dont you have any left ? what about bma020 ?

if someone has a clue what might cause the behaviour i described please post it or send me a pm ...

i just hope the ff imu isnt damaged


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Please let me introduce myself jimaquo Dock Talk 7 Oct 27, 2010 03:27 AM
Let me introduce the DEMON!!!! (Transparent covering and eliptical wing!!!) modest-master Sport Planes 7 Aug 26, 2002 12:46 AM
Let me introduce Angelis 280/400, Benjamin, Zombi (ARFs) modest-master Parkflyers 17 Mar 14, 2002 02:20 PM
Let me introduce the "NIKE" modest-master Electric Sailplanes 3 Mar 07, 2002 06:20 AM