Jan 02, 2012, 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessestr
[...]
Update: I tried viacopter.eu but site is offline?
The NIC says:

Quote:
Quarantine
This name is currently unavailable because it has been deleted. Deleted domain names are put into a 40-day quarantine as a safety measure before they are released again for registration. Domain names can be deleted for several reasons.
Jussi might forgot to extent the contract for his Domain. This happens sometimes. Because of the winter you can wait with your order or buy the stuff from flyduino or Drotek (the 10 DOF LLC is my favorite and already predefined in the multiwii-Soft)
to remove ads between posts
Jan 02, 2012, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capo
Yes I know but that aren't the free imu's right?
Jan 02, 2012, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Yes I know but that aren't the free imu's right?
Right.
Jan 02, 2012, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerosight
The NIC says:

Jussi might forgot to extent the contract for his Domain. This happens sometimes. Because of the winter you can wait with your order or buy the stuff from flyduino or Drotek (the 10 DOF LLC is my favorite and already predefined in the multiwii-Soft)
I bought the 6DOF from Drotek, I don't need magnetometer or barometer. Now I don't need the flydusense anymore. Will mount it on divide et impera..
Jan 02, 2012, 11:37 AM
Registered MisUser

extra hole? in Warthox Shield

Hi,

This is my second Warthox board and im just starting putting it together and while examining the Voltage reg section there is an extra hole(indicated in red), whats it for?

Also it shows a 10uF electrolytic capacitor but the reg kit gives you a 22uf. which one is right or is it not important?

Sorry if these are noob electronic questions, but i can solder and assemble but i havnt got a clue what does what and why!
Jan 02, 2012, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteturbo
Hi,

This is my second Warthox board and im just starting putting it together and while examining the Voltage reg section there is an extra hole(indicated in red), whats it for?

Also it shows a 10uF electrolytic capacitor but the reg kit gives you a 22uf. which one is right or is it not important?

Sorry if these are noob electronic questions, but i can solder and assemble but i havnt got a clue what does what and why!
Just an offtopic question, what gyro and other sensors are you going to use?
Jan 02, 2012, 11:59 AM
Registered MisUser
Quote:
Just an offtopic question, what gyro and other sensors are you going to use?
Not made my mind up yet but probably one of these http://www.drotek.fr/shop/en/32-imu-...er-sensor.html
Jan 02, 2012, 12:04 PM
hi

it does not matter if the copacitor (20µF ) has a voltage equal or higher

The other capacitor 100nF is not the same thing.
Jan 02, 2012, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Not made my mind up yet but probably one of these http://www.drotek.fr/shop/en/32-imu-...er-sensor.html
Haha, just ordered that one too, good choise, it works with v1.9 too ! What flyduino board do you have?
Update: forgot you have to MWC board, got it too, but make sure you dampen vibrations on it.. Because there are no vibration dampenings on it like the flydusense.
Jan 02, 2012, 12:16 PM
Registered MisUser
Quote:
Originally Posted by fred_fr
hi

it does not matter if the copacitor (20µF ) has a voltage equal or higher

The other capacitor 100nF is not the same thing.
Yes i know, its not the voltage im concerned about its that the electrolytic(the one that has a + and a -) is 22uf in the reg kit but the board has it marked as a 10uf.
i am fully aware that the 100nf(yellow one) is different and its polarity is not marked.
Jan 02, 2012, 12:31 PM
It wasn't me
1: 22µF works fine. A higher capacity is no problem
2: the capacitor's voltage can be higher
3: a ceramic capacitor doesn't have a polarity so you won't find any indication.

I must confess, I'm a little confused: You guys solder multiwii boards without even knowing electronic basics? That's incredible...
Jan 02, 2012, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0sewhite
I must confess, I'm a little confused: You guys solder multiwii boards without even knowing electronic basics? That's incredible...
Tilman.
Learning by doing. We all started somewhere...
Jan 02, 2012, 01:34 PM
If it flies, I will crash it
Quote:
Hi,

That's odd. I just checked the two Warthox shields I have on my bench and neither one has that additional hole. Very strange.

Quote:
Fact is, the Warthox shield is very simple to assemble and having soldering skills has nothing to do with having electronics knowledge. Understanding the components being installed would certainly be helpful but certainly not required. That is why Paul sells the reg kit. Just solder it in and done.

Rob...
Jan 02, 2012, 01:37 PM
Registered MisUser
Quote:
1: 22µF works fine. A higher capacity is no problem
2: the capacitor's voltage can be higher
3: a ceramic capacitor doesn't have a polarity so you won't find any indication.

Im into multicopters to fly them after graduating from Heli's. I am competant at soldering and take precautions against ESD but i am what i call electronically Dyslexic, i can follow instructions and even follow a basic circuit but i dont know why or even how things work.
So if something calls for a 10uf electrolitic capacitor and i have a 22uf in the reg kit (which by the way is what is used in the flydumini) i querie it, so that people like yourself who do understand these things can help me out. Is that not what forums are for, so that we can help each other or should i not get involved and stick to closed source stuff like Hoverfly and MK etc. which i couldnt afford anyway and i also find uninteresting as i like getting my hands dirty.
Just for the record i have seven Multiwii's, all assembled by me and all flying, I have built Jussi's Shield, Im on my second Warthox Shield i own a beta flyduino megga three v1.2 flyduino magga's and one v2.0 flyduino meggas and have built a flydumini and am in the process of building a second. Oh and i have also in the past built two KK flight controllers and one Aeroquad megga based system ALL of which worked perfectly and all built just following instructions, working tidily with everything needed to complete the job at hand, and following normal good practice. It would be really good to know how and why these things work but at my age i cant afford the time to study it. I also cant write code although i am amazed sometimes at what i have picked up as ive gone along this road. I would love to be an electronic wizard like yourself and Paul but be realistic, im a retired carpenter, who worked on building sites most of my working career, i have NO formal qualifications, i left school at Fifteen(that was normal then) i didnt go to university i went to work!
I dont think i have done so badly considering my background and im sure there are many other people who are members of this forum that have a similar type of background. So please dont look down on us because we didnt get the oppertunities you have had, we are just doing our best with what skills we have and trying to learn as we go along. But we also need your help along the way as if you look back at my posts i have tried to help where i am able.
SO can i use a 10uf electrolytic capaciter where its calling for a 22uf capacitor and vice versa in a voltage regulator circuit.
If not (here's the education bit) why does the Warthox Shield call for 10uf and the Flydumini call for 22uf.

Phew

Ray
Jan 02, 2012, 03:39 PM
It wasn't me
Ray, I didn't want to bother you at all. I'm sorry for that. It's just hard for me to understand how someone can do something without really knowing what he's doing. I don't think that it's a question of education or spare time. At least not for me. If I'm interested in something, I want to understand, how it works. Ray, I don't look down on you. If I did so, I wouldn't try to help with answers.

Quick Reply