Nov 04, 2011, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4d_D
cant i put 12v out from the flyduino ? or do you think that these led stripes work with 5v as well ?
No! Most LED stripes I know were made from 3 LEDs (whatever color) and a series resistor (this x-times).

Have a look at this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light-e..._and_materials (hier in Deutsch: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leuchtdiode#Flussspannung)

Lets say you have 3 green LEDs --> you need (worst case) 10.2V for lighting them up. That's why you need:

a) a LED driver
b) a voltage that's high enough (i.e. 12V)

An easy to use 'LED driver' is an ULN2803A.

Rgds
aBUGSworstnightmare

P.S. How to get 12V out of a device that's supplied by 5V??? That's like trying to get a 55in from your 15.6in laptop display.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 04, 2011, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4d_D
cant i put 12v out from the flyduino ? or do you think that these led stripes work with 5v as well ?
12V is not possible but you can build you can build your own led driver board.

You need transistors for that.

nils
Nov 04, 2011, 12:32 PM
Thread OP
no 12V from the Fylduino, but you can use the 5V from it as a switching signal for a driver who supplies the 12v then.
Jörgs toy looking nice too!
Nov 04, 2011, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderkram
PM sent!

Yep - would be cool to have the unit display the modes once activated via switch.
I.e.
- normal flight mode: all leds solid
- position hold: white leds flashing slowly
- loss of signal: all LEDs flashing nervously
... and so on.
Do you remember this post? https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=2221

It works as you want without aditional HW
Nov 04, 2011, 12:54 PM
It wasn't me
Quote:
Originally Posted by warthox
mwc quad with the atmel 9dof imu [ATAVRSBIN1] mounted on the flydusense v2 with llc.
quadframe and motors are from flycam/minsoo.
Haha. Since I put the Roxxy with 1380KV on my Flyduspider I knew there is nothing better than high KV, except even higher KV

Quote:
Originally Posted by warthox
the 450 is still a pile of parts in a untouched box
Please leave it as it is.

It's the only thing I can fly better than you and I'm pretty sure if you once start to fly helicopters, it only takes a couple of weeks and you dramatically decrease my self-assurance.
Nov 04, 2011, 01:40 PM
my evening is planned.... i think you can guess what about

unfortunalty the drotek did not arrive yet, neither the hxt 10g.
Nov 04, 2011, 01:55 PM
@ paul
what about this www.flyduino.com plate in 0.5mm for the micro quad ? i believe the 1.5mm plate i have here is too heavy but it looks better than the red arrow ( just my opinion )
Nov 04, 2011, 01:57 PM
Thread OP
looks like a plan
Nov 04, 2011, 01:58 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgros
Do you remember this post? https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=2221

Thanks!
Yes thats it, btw, JTAG is disabled on my Flyduinos and i think on most Megas.
Nov 04, 2011, 02:25 PM
Thread OP
hm, i like the red arrow, but well may a thinner version from the black cover plate next time, also think its too heavy for the mini in 1.6mm.
Last edited by Goofy23; Nov 04, 2011 at 02:34 PM.
Nov 04, 2011, 02:37 PM
OS Sponsor
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgros

Oh my gosh!

I really forgot about your solution. Thanks for reminding me and filling the black holes in my grey matter!
Nov 04, 2011, 02:55 PM
just a tip to save some cables, specially servo cables for the flydumini (probably it adopts to other copters too)

if you have the possibility to get a receiver with headmounted pins you could do this.

My sender is a T8FG so i can set the output channel mapping as i want them, allowing this or with a bit luck you simply can plug your receiver into the board without any cable.

i used female headers with 5mm height
Nov 04, 2011, 08:46 PM
where can i get these 5x3x3 props in germany ?
some propmounts would be nice too
Nov 04, 2011, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy23
Btw, glued some reinforcement under my Flydumini, this time with silcicone adhesive.
Seems to be the holy grail, gave me a much better flight experience, at least with the Pids i choosed.
where did u glue the reinforcements to the frame?
Nov 04, 2011, 11:52 PM
Thread OP
i glued them underneath.
orientated on the borders of the frame.
Was like day and night for me.
I mean it wont matter where you glue them, of course on the arms, but underneath is simply nicer.
Took 5.5cm 2.5mm x2.5mm square cfk.

Quick Reply