Thread Tools
Oct 30, 2011, 05:02 PM
Registered User
Goofy23's Avatar
you can solder a 3.3V reg on it, i use them too for the org. wmp, even if its not needed.
Flydumini is avaiable now.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 30, 2011, 05:03 PM
Registered User
hubibubi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by treeda
just ordered it now i need start to think how to connect the 6dof to it. i'm currently reading it needs 3.3v but the pro mini from paul is a 5v version.
yes even if the part looks scary, but it fits on 5V.
Is light and small, and the sensors are located on one point. super

Because you need a converter logic.
But has also Flydumini 3.3 V are available, do not worry.
Oct 30, 2011, 05:09 PM
OS Sponsor
kinderkram's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by treeda
just ordered it now i need start to think how to connect the 6dof to it. i'm currently reading it needs 3.3v but the pro mini from paul is a 5v version.
Here's how to configure the MWii:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...0#post19437827

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy23
you can solder a 3.3V reg on it, i use them too for the org. wmp, even if its not needed.
Flydumini is avaiable now.
Is there a how-to for the reg?
Last edited by kinderkram; Oct 30, 2011 at 05:14 PM.
Oct 30, 2011, 05:17 PM
Registered User
hubibubi, i'm not sure if i got that right, theres a 3.3v reg on the flydumini?

interested in a recommended howto for the 3.3 regulator to to connect it to pauls 5v Pro mini
Last edited by treeda; Oct 30, 2011 at 05:31 PM.
Oct 30, 2011, 05:38 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderkram
This is what I collected so far:

4 Hextronik 10g

HK 10 gr Motors with 5x3 3Blades.
Not sure, if I've found the motors at hobbyking. Is the following motor one of the above mentioned ones?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...nner_10g_.html

Regards,

Olaf.
Oct 30, 2011, 05:52 PM
It wasn't me
r0sewhite's Avatar
Again for German readers only, here is a test of 10 different motor sets for multicopters I have flown in the past: http://www.microcopters.de/artikel/m...otoren-im-test.

There will surely be new motors to test. I'm not yet sure wether to expand this article or write a new one each 10 motors. But I will find a solution that suits by time.
Oct 30, 2011, 05:57 PM
Registered User
Goofy23's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderkram
Here's how to configure the MWii:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...0#post19437827

EDIT:


Is there a how-to for the reg?
the 3 part names are printed on the flydumini, when you put the right components in it you have 3.3V on the 3.3V pin, thats it.
Oct 30, 2011, 06:03 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy23
the 3 part names are printed on the flydumini, when you put the right components in it you have 3.3V on the 3.3V pin, thats it.
what are these parts? then i can order them already at reichelt to be set at arrival...
Oct 30, 2011, 06:05 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0sewhite
Again for German readers only, here is a test of 10 different motor sets for multicopters I have flown in the past: http://www.microcopters.de/artikel/m...otoren-im-test.

There will surely be new motors to test. I'm not yet sure wether to expand this article or write a new one each 10 motors. But I will find a solution that suits by time.
r▀sewhite, thats an excellent test, unfortunatly i think non of them are useful for the mini!?
Oct 30, 2011, 06:14 PM
It wasn't me
r0sewhite's Avatar
No, sorry. I don't even have a mini.
Oct 30, 2011, 07:26 PM
Registered User
Goofy23's Avatar
its the 3.3v reg set as always ( i offer), to92 3.3v 100nf and 5-22uF Elko.
Last edited by Goofy23; Oct 30, 2011 at 10:00 PM.
Oct 30, 2011, 08:32 PM
Registered User
Goofy23's Avatar
btw, i got my quad more stable then warthox had it, ok i dont fly flips, just smooth rounds and i had some reinforcements underneath.
But there is a big difference, setup of a mini is a bit more picky it seems, but you can get stable, really stable, allready got it.
Oct 31, 2011, 01:54 AM
Registered User
Hi guys,

I also have a problem with camera stabilization.
The servos work when powering with pin46, but when moving the copter, it shutdowns the board and then restarts.... Strange, and a bit problematic during flight!

I've connected a GPS, the led driver, the sonar and APC220, could the board be overloaded?

Any other idea?

Thanks.
Bastien

PS: the flydumini looks incredible, Paul, and the vids are promising, congrats!
Last edited by helicoblast; Oct 31, 2011 at 02:15 AM.
Oct 31, 2011, 05:38 AM
OS Sponsor
kinderkram's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by olaf.j
Not sure, if I've found the motors at hobbyking. Is the following motor one of the above mentioned ones?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...nner_10g_.html

Regards,

Olaf.
Yep, this is the Hektronix 10g/2000kV
Oct 31, 2011, 10:36 AM
Registered User
Goofy23's Avatar
sound like the 5V regulator you use is overloaded which causes a low drop, so the CPU shuts down.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Please let me introduce myself jimaquo Dock Talk 7 Oct 27, 2010 02:27 AM
Let me introduce the DEMON!!!! (Transparent covering and eliptical wing!!!) modest-master Sport Planes 7 Aug 25, 2002 11:46 PM
Let me introduce Angelis 280/400, Benjamin, Zombi (ARFs) modest-master Parkflyers 17 Mar 14, 2002 01:20 PM
Let me introduce the "NIKE" modest-master Electric Sailplanes 3 Mar 07, 2002 05:20 AM