Mar 27, 2011, 08:37 PM
Hovership
Practiced my flips, rolls and loops today. My PID settings allow for real fast flips, which are getting easy to do (and at lower altitudes).

It is doing large loops that I think are tricky, have to time it and judge how much nick/roll to give it.

(3 min 24 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Apr 08, 2011, 04:56 PM
Hovership
Tried some flips mid-forward flight. A few crashes but I am getting them down. Best viewed in HD and fullscreen.

(2 min 13 sec)
Apr 08, 2011, 05:11 PM
Suspended Account
correct me if im wrong but this is just a edited quadpod frame for snelflight that dave created right?( with added decks) i know its a simple design so it can be copied but nothing innovative right?
Apr 08, 2011, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdeyepro
Tried some flips mid-forward flight. A few crashes but I am getting them down. Best viewed in HD and fullscreen.

Nice video. Well done. What size props are you using on that one?
Apr 08, 2011, 05:45 PM
Hovership
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactus
nice video. Well done. What size props are you using on that one?
8" epp
Apr 08, 2011, 07:52 PM
Thanks for the Fish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad_Addict
correct me if im wrong but this is just a edited quadpod frame for snelflight that dave created right?( with added decks) i know its a simple design so it can be copied but nothing innovative right?
Quad, I have a copy of one of Dave's frames from Matt. The Kinjal "12" frame is much stiffer. I find that I get torsional movement of the motors with Dave's design. I have not seen that with the videos of this frame.
Apr 08, 2011, 07:54 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed
Quad, I have a copy of one of Dave's frames from Matt. The Kinjal "12" frame is much stiffer. I find that I get torsional movement of the motors with Dave's design. I have not seen that with the videos of this frame.
well ofcourse you can choose your own material etc.. i have also edited the frame as well. design been around for ever. simple is good.
Apr 27, 2011, 02:55 AM
stickvideos with the kinjal

(2 min 40 sec)

slowmo
(3 min 1 sec)

and some funflying
(2 min 47 sec)
Apr 28, 2011, 02:21 AM
is this what is considered the 'super dave' frame?
Apr 28, 2011, 07:36 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob4432
is this what is considered the 'super dave' frame?
with some flavor it looks like. well its a basic design not very hard to duplicate accidentally etc... i have made a few of my own similar as well. and even tweaked the super dave frame as well. its also the quadpod frame for snelflight.
Apr 28, 2011, 08:02 AM
Hovership
I am not the creator of this frame but here is my 2 cents. There is really only so many ways to make a good frame.

-Flat plates spaced apart like this
-Flat plates screwed together horizontally and vertically (like the HK wood frame and others)
-Flat center plates with round or square tube arms
-Custom molded like the Dexx frame
Apr 28, 2011, 08:30 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdeyepro
I am not the creator of this frame but here is my 2 cents. There is really only so many ways to make a good frame.

-Flat plates spaced apart like this
-Flat plates screwed together horizontally and vertically (like the HK wood frame and others)
-Flat center plates with round or square tube arms
-Custom molded like the Dexx frame

exactly you cannot reinvent the wheel lol, but the problem is to many people are not innovative to make a huge difference anyways. now i wont say im not guilty because i have made several of my own frames similar to this including super daves for my own stuff on my cnc router, but its easy and quick to do.
Apr 29, 2011, 01:13 PM
another video of the daedalus kinjal frame...

(1 min 58 sec)
May 09, 2011, 12:37 PM
What do you guys think the best light weight setup would be for this frame and a wii warthox board? Going for 10+ min flights. Nothing crazy, just smooth figure eights and close in night flights.

I was thinking of going with smaller and lighter ESC's and motors and a pack in the 1000-1500 3S or 4S 1200 range. Perhaps 8 to 10 amp esc's...
May 09, 2011, 12:45 PM
Hovership
You are right about your suggested setup. I would recommend what Warthox and a few of us are flying. 10A ESC, Keda 20-50S 1088 KV motors and a 1300 mah nano-tech lipo. I think a 4S is overkill.

Quick Reply