View Poll Results: Where are you putting the motor for your Zephyr build?
As far forward to the LE as possible (at internal spar) 25 30.12%
Somewhere in-between the TE and the internal spar 22 26.51%
As far back towards the TE as possible 36 43.37%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Mar 17, 2011, 01:07 PM
Azerbaijan FPV
kligue super idea ) i want use gopro with kx181 or wdr700 cam )
to remove ads between posts
Mar 17, 2011, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by klique
Hey guys I actually got my act together and got my go pro stuff.
Well I got every type of go pro mount thats avail and will be working on all the custom mounts for all fpv apps .
I figured I might as well get it all and then some,I will use it for my down hill skateboarding fpv and my sky diving too.

Holly molly ,look at all of this.

Wo hoo!
Chris.... I had no idea you were a skydiver

You are very lucky living in AZ... skydiveAZ is maybe the best DZ in the world.

just started out or been doing it for years?

Next time I'm over in CO visiting my Bro I might head down to AZ and make a jump with you. If you have enough experience I'd be very honoured to teach you to fly wingsuit. I am having lots of fun down here in Ausi land with all those wings you sent me in 2007-2008.

I am now trying to build a big FPV wing. I am interested in the rokett motors you talk about on the other ritewing thread.. the ones for the twin 7/5e 83 inch wing... how much are they ?

cheers

darren
Mar 17, 2011, 04:49 PM
Mum is the word!
LOL
I was just joking about the skydiving, I do all the other stuff though.
The Roket 28 56 1900 and 28 56 1400 will be great new zeph motors on 7 and 8 inch props at higher speeds .
Even 7 to 8 '' will be perfect,they will have less torque issues.

Here http://www.ritewingrc.com/buy-cores/electronics/
Mar 17, 2011, 08:48 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Hey guys I actually got my act together and got my go pro stuff.
Well I got every type of go pro mount thats avail and will be working on all the custom mounts for all fpv apps .
I figured I might as well get it all and then some,I will use it for my down hill skateboarding fpv and my sky diving too.

Holly molly ,look at all of this.

Wo hoo!
You are completely insane -- that's a TON of GoPro stuff... looks like 6 of everything

Stop slakin' and make that vacum molded GoPro mount already!! Can't wait to see and buy that!
Apr 14, 2011, 04:58 PM
Azerbaijan FPV
İ must lam elevon? And what's ideal cg for 60 zephyr?
Apr 15, 2011, 01:39 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexstarselect
İ must lam elevon? And what's ideal cg for 60 zephyr?
Yes, you lam the elevons with 3mil lam. CG is around 10.5" from the nose of the plane.
Apr 15, 2011, 03:58 PM
Azerbaijan FPV
10.5 it's for 54 zepyhr i am abaut 60 zephyr?
Apr 15, 2011, 07:25 PM
Hey Nexstarselect, it's 10.5" from the nose for a 60" Zeph too... I just measured my Zephyr the other day and plugged the numbers into this calculator... this link has all my values in it:

http://fwcg.3dzone.dk/?wing_span=58....ow_mac_lines=1
Apr 28, 2011, 02:39 PM
Mum is the word!

Demon 50''

I am looking for previos or current Zeph owners who would like to be a tester for the new 50'' Demon, it has alot of wing area, it is my 40 Demon scaled up to 50'' with a slite mod to the airfoil.

Here are a few pix, it has about the same wing area as the zeph , or even a tad more, it will fly verry precise and fast ,it will retain and hold speed like no other.
I can also help with the motor if you need.

All I ask is that you pay for shipping.

I need a quality build and some attention to the details.

Who might be interested, show me your zeph pix?

Here are a few pix of the wings.
Apr 28, 2011, 02:43 PM
Azerbaijan FPV
Klique may i show you my zephyr picture tommorow? i love yours wing and please show me how i can check cg my zephyr i use http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXK259&P=ML cg maschine i can check it looklike other airplane?
Apr 28, 2011, 03:14 PM
How do you think it will "yaw"??? Less than the Zeph??
Apr 28, 2011, 03:23 PM
Mum is the word!
It should yaw less and fly like an arrow,the motor will need to be rite on the thrust line, the foil is not reflexed and loves to fly a tad nose heavy to create the reflex in the elevons.
I would prefer an inrunner like my 28 56 1900 on 3s on a 7/5 e or folder or the 28 56 1400 on 4s either one and a 7/5 e or folder or somthing close to it.
The 50 D will have nice lite wingloading compared to the 40''

At 7:25 in this vid I am holding its baby brother and even doing some flying a few mins after.

The one in the vid is 180 mph capable.

Flite Test - 02 SEFF 2011 - EVENT (12 min 1 sec)
Last edited by klique; Apr 28, 2011 at 03:40 PM.
Apr 28, 2011, 03:48 PM
I like your response!! I'm interested

Quote:
It should yaw less and fly like an arrow,the motor will need to be rite on the thrust line, the foil is not reflexed and loves to fly a tad nose heavy to create the reflex in the elevons.
I would prefer an inrunner like my 28 56 1900 on 3s on a 7/5 e or folder or the 28 56 1400 on 4s either one and a 7/5 e or folder or somthing close to it.
The 50 D will have nice lite wingloading compared to the 40''

At 7:25 in this vid I am holding its baby brother and even doing some flying a few mins after.

The one in the vid is 180 mph capable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5djsc...el_video_title
Apr 28, 2011, 03:54 PM
Mum is the word!
I like your vids and I too am interested in having you do this, I also like the nose on your zeph, you will need to do this one like that to retain its killer handling.

What do you have as far as motors,my 28 56 1400 would be perfect on 4s ??

This model is prety particular on its thrust line angle,the inrunner just mount better.
But I am open .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauregard
I like your response!! I'm interested
Apr 28, 2011, 04:06 PM
Cool I was wondering if you would mind my "nose".. Glad you like it..

I don't have a motor or speed controller that would work.. Open to whatever would give me vibe-free flying..

Quick Reply