View Poll Results: Where are you putting the motor for your Zephyr build?
As far forward to the LE as possible (at internal spar) 25 30.12%
Somewhere in-between the TE and the internal spar 22 26.51%
As far back towards the TE as possible 36 43.37%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Mar 09, 2011, 12:24 PM
Azerbaijan FPV
anyone can help me
to remove ads between posts
Mar 10, 2011, 01:33 AM
Hi, i am building my ritewing zephyr at this moment.
I will start laminating it after receive answer.
i bought laminate from Chris/Ritewing, 3 mil for elevons and top of wing, 5 mil for bottom of the wing and 10 mil to to create a 'skid plate' on the bottom of the wing in the center section.
My guess is about how attach the elevons to wing, i watched video showing 3M Scotch Mailing, but i havent it, have any alternative? ? I am from brazil and here not sell this 3M scotch mailing, would delay too much if buy it and wait arrive.
Can i use default laminate to "attach" wing to elevons ? please help, i only am waiting it to finish my build. Thanks
Mar 10, 2011, 01:59 AM
Azerbaijan FPV
Hello if i put 2 4s 3300 mah lipo for motor + 3s 1000mah lipo +kx181 + gopro
it`ll very heavy or ? i`ll use hacker motor ?
Mar 10, 2011, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by felipesalomao
Hi, i am building my ritewing zephyr at this moment.
I will start laminating it after receive answer.
i bought laminate from Chris/Ritewing, 3 mil for elevons and top of wing, 5 mil for bottom of the wing and 10 mil to to create a 'skid plate' on the bottom of the wing in the center section.
My guess is about how attach the elevons to wing, i watched video showing 3M Scotch Mailing, but i havent it, have any alternative? ? I am from brazil and here not sell this 3M scotch mailing, would delay too much if buy it and wait arrive.
Can i use default laminate to "attach" wing to elevons ? please help, i only am waiting it to finish my build. Thanks
Hi felipe,
NO, you can't use the laminate to attach the elevons.You don't need to have specificly the 3M ,just use any scotch tape with a good sticking power to hold your elevons down,Have fun.

Cheers,
Anthony.
Mar 10, 2011, 03:16 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexstarselect
Hello if i put 2 4s 3300 mah lipo for motor + 3s 1000mah lipo +kx181 + gopro
it`ll very heavy or ? i`ll use hacker motor ?
How much does your 3s 1000mah battery weigh? If you stick it in the main equipment bay closer to the CG line, then this may be ok. However, I suggest you only use your 2 4s 3300 mah batteries and power everything with them including your kx181, etc. from that power source. You can use a BEC to get a 5v power source and use a PSU to get 12v. Using one or two different power sources is a hot debate, but I am of the belief that it's better to fly with and monitor only one power source.
Mar 10, 2011, 03:19 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by flight01
Hi felipe,
NO, you can't use the laminate to attach the elevons.You don't need to have specificly the 3M ,just use any scotch tape with a good sticking power to hold your elevons down,Have fun.

Cheers,
Anthony.
Anthony is right -- don't use the Laminate to attach the elevons. Buy the best tape you can find.
Mar 10, 2011, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timnilson
Anthony is right -- don't use the Laminate to attach the elevons. Buy the best tape you can find.
thanks for answer, do you think that tape is good enough to attach wing to elevons ??
Please see photo: scotch transparent silver tape

Mar 10, 2011, 04:42 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by felipesalomao
thanks for answer, do you think that tape is good enough to attach wing to elevons ??
Please see photo: scotch transparent silver tape
I like that they're using it on a car in the picture -- so seems like it should be tough. I think you should be ok with this tape.
Mar 15, 2011, 01:31 PM
Whats the wrst that can happn?
Does anyone know if it's ok to mount a VTx Vee antenna flush on the side of the stock winglets (wingtips), or will the material in the winglets block the signal? So the Vee would not protrude beyond the edges of the winglet, it would be more or less stuck to the side (inside or outside, not sure)...I don't know what material the winglets are made of and if it would interfere with the RF.
Mar 15, 2011, 04:42 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamChicago
Does anyone know if it's ok to mount a VTx Vee antenna flush on the side of the stock winglets (wingtips), or will the material in the winglets block the signal? So the Vee would not protrude beyond the edges of the winglet, it would be more or less stuck to the side (inside or outside, not sure)...I don't know what material the winglets are made of and if it would interfere with the RF.
Winglets are corrugated plastic or "coroplast". Not sure about Vee antenna placement.
Mar 15, 2011, 07:09 PM
Whats the wrst that can happn?
Thanks...that gives me something to go on

Quote:
Originally Posted by timnilson
Winglets are corrugated plastic or "coroplast". Not sure about Vee antenna placement.
Mar 15, 2011, 08:04 PM
Trappy is willing to answer any build questions on a new forum that's dedicated to FPV since he's banned from here.

CLICK ME
Mar 17, 2011, 12:51 PM
Mum is the word!

Check this out,lol

Hey guys I actually got my act together and got my go pro stuff.
Well I got every type of go pro mount thats avail and will be working on all the custom mounts for all fpv apps .
I figured I might as well get it all and then some,I will use it for my down hill skateboarding fpv and my sky diving too.

Holly molly ,look at all of this.

Wo hoo!
Mar 17, 2011, 12:53 PM
Great Britain
r u selling gopro's?
Mar 17, 2011, 12:56 PM
Mum is the word!
I will look into that, there is enough sold to use on on the Ritewings to justify it.

Good idea est, the pix make it look like a go pro supply house.

I just bought this stuff for me ,I will be getting my zeph done here eventually, I also wanted to use the mounts and the cames for developing some engineerd custom mounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by est1976
r u selling gopro's?

Quick Reply