View Poll Results: Where are you putting the motor for your Zephyr build?
As far forward to the LE as possible (at internal spar) 25 30.12%
Somewhere in-between the TE and the internal spar 22 26.51%
As far back towards the TE as possible 36 43.37%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Feb 09, 2011, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxiex
Thank you!
Hi,

3M77 work great to glue oracover or tramed scotch 3M on EPP

or to glue different EPP part together

glue dry on 24h and glue surface been flexible

BR
to remove ads between posts
Feb 09, 2011, 01:07 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jool2metz
Hi guys

i am building some ritewings

i need loctite 200 but i am french

loctite 200 don't sold in europe , i just phone loctite.fr

i have:
3m77
3m90
goop
shoes
gorilla

but need loctite 200 for smooth surface paint for Lam

someone can send me some loctite 200 bomb ??

or help me to found US E-shop

i need 3 bomb and send to Luxembourg and paye with paypal

you can answer on my mail: kilowattrc@live.fr

thanks , regards
Black-raiser
The Loctite 200 is suggested for adding a layer of glue over your paint so that the laminate can easily hold on to your wing. The benefits of this glue are that it dries completely and also dries clear -- which helps your colors pop through. 3M 90 never cured clear, so it adds a haze over your color. It also flakes out funny when you spray it on. If you can find a glue that a) you can spray on EPP safely, b) dries clear, c) dries without being very tacky, and d) sprays on smoothly, then you can use other spray glues as well. For instance, I've been experimenting with 3M 45 glue, which sprays on nicely and dries well. Only issue is that it is a bit yellow when it's dry... so not perfect.
Feb 10, 2011, 01:36 AM
thanks Tim
i think 3M77 can work great for this step
i test and reply
Feb 10, 2011, 06:50 AM
Mum is the word!
No 77
Feb 10, 2011, 05:01 PM
my karma ranover my dogma
I'm having trouble sourcing 3M 90 and the Loctite 200 in my area... Edmonton Canada...

Anything else I can sub?

I found some Elmers spray glue and some Permatex spray glue...

I don't care about transparency for the paint... I just want it to stick!

I will be going straight from foam to glue to lam film... no paint.

Edit; I also have some 3M 77 "Black can" and some 3M 77 "Red can" is there any real difference?
I think the Black can is the "older" version... I heard the Black is/was better that the "new" Red can 77.... True?
Last edited by galaxiex; Feb 10, 2011 at 05:14 PM.
Feb 10, 2011, 06:50 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxiex
I also have some 3M 77 "Black can" and some 3M 77 "Red can" is there any real difference?
I think the Black can is the "older" version... I heard the Black is/was better that the "new" Red can 77.... True?
3M 77 does not dry fully, making it difficult to work with when applying the laminate. Even worse, 3M 77 will release the laminate when it gets warm.
Last edited by timnilson; Feb 11, 2011 at 06:03 PM.
Feb 10, 2011, 10:42 PM
my karma ranover my dogma
Quote:
Originally Posted by timnilson
3M 77 does not dry fully, making it difficult to work with when applying the laminate. Even worse, 3M 77 will releas the laminate when it gets warm.
Gotcha... that's a "no" on the 77... any version.

Any data on the others?

Thanks!
Feb 11, 2011, 12:30 PM
I'm just going to quickly chuck this out there. If anyone is interested, please PM me and not muddy this thread with questions

I have brand-new and boxed Mega Manta Flying Wing which is probably around 10-years old, but has never been removed from its shipping box! This thing is BIG (wingspan: 72 inches, wing area: 936 sq. inches), but as with all flying wings it needs building pretty much as this thread states.

For more information on the Mega Manta Flying Wing, please see the below link...

https://www.rcgroups.com/articles/ez...anta/manta.htm

Anyway, if anyone is interested in this brand-new, boxed, BEAST, please PM me. I would LOVE to have a flying wing, but simply have so many projects on the go I can't see me getting the time to start this one.

I'm looking for £125 (sadly shipping to the US will cost too much)

Feb 11, 2011, 04:40 PM
Fer
Fer
Travelling far and wide
@: Ian Davidson, How much would the total price be to send that mega manta to the netherlands?

I am very interested in the wing
Feb 13, 2011, 03:37 AM

3M 90 in Europe

so far I have found 3M adhesive sprays in Europe in the UK:

http://solutions.3m.co.uk/wps/portal...SprayAdhesive/

http://wheretobuy.3m.co.uk/en_GB/Ind...l?cshellid=126
Feb 14, 2011, 12:14 PM
What sort of power set-ups are most people using with their Zephyrs - 3S or 4S ?
Feb 14, 2011, 12:25 PM
This is my first post on here - HI All!

What a fantastic thread, thank you for putting all of this together. I've been searching everywhere (well, a few places) for a fully formed cohesive 'how-to' on right-wing construction.

It's clear to see that you've put a lot of time and effort into this thread - it shows.

Good Job.
Feb 14, 2011, 09:32 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DD_Angels30
This is my first post on here - HI All!

What a fantastic thread, thank you for putting all of this together. I've been searching everywhere (well, a few places) for a fully formed cohesive 'how-to' on right-wing construction.

It's clear to see that you've put a lot of time and effort into this thread - it shows.

Good Job.
DD_Angels -- Thank you!! Good to hear you find it useful.
Feb 19, 2011, 12:02 AM
I bought Ritewing Zephyr, somebody have configuration of RTH for it ?
Thanks for all
Feb 19, 2011, 12:16 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by felipesalomao
I bought Ritewing Zephyr, somebody have configuration of RTH for it ?
Thanks for all
You can get an OSD like the Dragon OSD with Return To Home built in. Or get an ardupilot or something similar.

Quick Reply