AP Hexa or Octo? What gives you the best stabilisation? - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Jan 30, 2011, 12:04 PM
Registered User
Discussion

AP Hexa or Octo? What gives you the best stabilisation?


Hey.

I am sick and tired of my T-rex 600 ESP AP platform. Its to hard to get rid of the vibes! I think I want to take the Aerial footage to a hexa or octo. I hope you can give me a hint of what is a good hexa or octo to carry a DSLR camera, like Nikon D90. Thanks!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 03, 2011, 06:49 AM
Registered User
i have a kk hexa and this hexa is ok,but i am´going to build me a mk oktocopter for my filming and stuff like that,i think the best thing is to go for the okto??

hope this will help you
Feb 03, 2011, 10:38 AM
A man with too many toys
They are both very stable.

With 6 motors you will crash 2/3 of the time with a motor or ESC failure. With 8 motors you will not crash with a failure and it will fly very well.

The more motors the larger the vibration problem. For AP you need to balance the motors and props to minimize vibration. Also materials make a difference. Carbon fiber transmits vibration much more than fiberglass (G10) or wood.


.
Feb 08, 2011, 10:49 PM
Pants first, then shoes
It seems to me that most people are building symetrical shaped quads or hexa or octo. I see a UK firm has got a different configuration which maximises the view for its cameras.

http://flyingvideo.co.uk/gallery
Feb 08, 2011, 11:35 PM
Registered User
hexa's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacky
It seems to me that most people are building symetrical shaped quads or hexa or octo. I see a UK firm has got a different configuration which maximises the view for its cameras.

http://flyingvideo.co.uk/gallery
http://forum.mikrokopter.de/topic-19919-1.html
Feb 09, 2011, 01:12 AM
Pants first, then shoes
Thanks for the link, its a shame I dont understand German.
Would this configuration require different control boards than the ones many are using on these forums?
Feb 09, 2011, 07:04 AM
Registered User
translate.google.com is your friend.

Peter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacky
Thanks for the link, its a shame I dont understand German.
Would this configuration require different control boards than the ones many are using on these forums?
Feb 09, 2011, 07:35 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man
They are both very stable.

With 6 motors you will crash 2/3 of the time with a motor or ESC failure. With 8 motors you will not crash with a failure and it will fly very well.

The more motors the larger the vibration problem. For AP you need to balance the motors and props to minimize vibration. Also materials make a difference. Carbon fiber transmits vibration much more than fiberglass (G10) or wood.


.
Here is a video of my UAVX Octo losing a motor in flight.
Fun Flying (1 min 54 sec)


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Poll What Motors do you use on your tri/quad/hexa/octal etc? Multiples Allowed :) bob4432 Multirotor Drone Talk 10 Nov 24, 2010 09:53 AM
Discussion What gives with "foam safe" CA tzyoung Composites Fabrication 8 Sep 29, 2010 02:56 PM
Discussion What is the best kit for Hexa or Octa Helis mohabic Multirotor Drone Talk 6 Sep 13, 2010 10:01 AM
Poll What Motors do you use on your tri/quad/hexa/octal etc? bob4432 Multirotor Drone Talk 4 Aug 29, 2010 08:10 PM
Discussion "mkTR" Hexa/Octo camera gimbal Photoship One Multirotor Drone Talk 0 May 27, 2010 03:00 PM