Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Old Jan 28, 2011, 04:19 PM
Find More Posts by EQMOD
Discussion

1/72 Scale 2.4Ghz Full Proportional Throttle and Steering Control Conversion

Here is my latest project, converting a small rc car to 2.4Ghz full proportional control and powered by a 1S Lipo;

View of the electronics including the receiver, and two servo boards acting as proportional throttle control and actuator driver;

As compared to my previous 2.4Ghz conversion;

to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2011, 09:00 AM
Find More Posts by EQMOD
Here she is again with LED lights for the headlight and tail lights;

And a couple of videos;

LED Lights - 1/72 Scale 2.4Ghz Full Proportional Steering and Throttle Conversion (1 min 41 sec)

LED Lights - 1/72 Scale 2.4Ghz Full Proportional Steering and Throttle Conversion 2 (4 min 23 sec)
Old Feb 04, 2011, 01:02 PM
Find More Posts by mt.stalker

How?

Details please ! How do you modify the steering ? What about the speed cntrl ? This is too cool !
Old Feb 15, 2011, 10:37 PM
Find More Posts by EQMOD
I used the board of a servo for speed control and steering

Here is one more video;

1/72 Scale 2.4Ghz Fully Proportional throttle and steering - Table top Run (1 min 19 sec)
Old Feb 16, 2011, 11:18 PM
Find More Posts by TueLe
Nice job. I didn't think they make electronic components this small. Did you replace the tiny magnet actuator with a servo for the steering?
Old Mar 03, 2011, 07:25 PM
Find More Posts by EQMOD
its a spring return actuator. Proportionality is achieved by varying the current vs the spring torsion.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 12:35 AM
Find More Posts by Hippo
The effect is sadly temporary
EQMOD, this is awesome! I just converted a 1/32 buggy the exact same way. I'll post some pics.

I have a question. Do you have trouble with the motor board no centering? Mine keeps drifting out of trim so it's always going a little forward or back.

I read about a mod to increase servo deadband, but I haven't done it yet.

How's it working for you?

Thanks for posting your work,
Dan
Old Mar 29, 2011, 01:05 AM
Find More Posts by EQMOD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippo View Post
EQMOD, this is awesome! I just converted a 1/32 buggy the exact same way. I'll post some pics.

I have a question. Do you have trouble with the motor board no centering? Mine keeps drifting out of trim so it's always going a little forward or back.

I read about a mod to increase servo deadband, but I haven't done it yet.

How's it working for you?

Thanks for posting your work,
Dan
Centering issues depend on the quality of the transmitter and receiver. What setup are you using ? Deadband basically is playing around (and looking for the sweet spot) on the EPA settings of the transmitter.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 12:07 AM
Find More Posts by derk
TheyreComingToTakeMeAway!
what receiver is in that? it looks like a very small rc car radio...