3DHS Bipe, any new news? - Page 78 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Jan 05, 2013, 01:18 PM
inverted-i-fly
3drcparts's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT.
And.....am I the only one that thinks there is not a whole lot of support for the battery in this plane? I am running a Thunder Power 4S 45C 2700mAH pack in it, and it sure seems like there is no support at all at the front of the battery, it is basically flopping around in there.
And, I don't know about the rest of you, but with my big hands strapping the pack down is not the easiest thing either!!

SteveT
I agree 1/2 of the battery in hanging in thin air, but so far no issue
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 05, 2013, 05:57 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Well....I guess I'll have to design a "cure" for that too...

SteveT
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Jan 05, 2013, 07:16 PM
What?!? I didn't do that!
gremlin's Avatar
I was thinking of extending the battery tray when I had some time but Steve, you are on a roll with finding "cures" so I'll wait to see what you come up with.
Jan 05, 2013, 07:30 PM
inverted-i-fly
3drcparts's Avatar
Ya, I'll take one
Jan 05, 2013, 07:32 PM
Well, now that you know ...
Bigster's Avatar
I was thinking of some kind of tray to slide in, but haven't taken it on yet.
Jan 05, 2013, 08:07 PM
Team Twisted!
hone1er's Avatar
Maiden plus 1 flight on the Vyper Bipe today...it is definitely something different. I does the easiest anti-torque rolls ever. It can bite you if you aren't careful, i have a feeling i'll be crashing this plane pretty soon. It draws some awesome lines for a Bipe after you get the coupling all mixed out. It's easier to do some things and harder to do other things compared to a normal aerobatic plane. Overall i'd say it's a fun plane to have if you want something different(which i do)that you can throw in the back seat with the wings on. It won't become my go to plane but i doubt it will collect dust.
Jan 05, 2013, 08:58 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
zmonster97's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er
Maiden plus 1 flight on the Vyper Bipe today...it is definitely something different. I does the easiest anti-torque rolls ever. It can bite you if you aren't careful, i have a feeling i'll be crashing this plane pretty soon. It draws some awesome lines for a Bipe after you get the coupling all mixed out. It's easier to do some things and harder to do other things compared to a normal aerobatic plane. Overall i'd say it's a fun plane to have if you want something different(which i do)that you can throw in the back seat with the wings on. It won't become my go to plane but i doubt it will collect dust.
That's pretty much how I feel about this plane.
Jan 05, 2013, 09:15 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT.
Well....I guess I'll have to design a "cure" for that too...

SteveT
Quote:
Originally Posted by gremlin
I was thinking of extending the battery tray when I had some time but Steve, you are on a roll with finding "cures" so I'll wait to see what you come up with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted-I-Fly
Ya, I'll take one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigster
I was thinking of some kind of tray to slide in, but haven't taken it on yet.
I have a modified Great Planes "Electrostick" that has a "box" at the back of the battery tray (which is back under the wing) the my battery slides into. I will probably design a variation of that, but it will have to have a piece of plywood that overlays the existing battery floor. No big deal, but right now I am having some problems with my computer due a McAfee update... I swear I am about to get rid of McAfee, but don't know which one is best.

SteveT
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Jan 06, 2013, 11:56 AM
Registered User
Mr Big Head's Avatar
Avast has been keeping mine healthy for years. It's the free version too.

Also Bipe is on sale again. Almost pulled the trigger but $44. shipping to CA is a deal killer.
Jan 06, 2013, 08:47 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Just a bit of an update....a photo of where my "Byper" was when it went down in reference to the flying field...The plane was where the red circle is...

SteveT.
Last edited by SteveT.; May 31, 2013 at 02:51 PM.
Jan 06, 2013, 08:51 PM
inverted-i-fly
3drcparts's Avatar
Damm your lucky to even have found it
Jan 06, 2013, 08:52 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted-I-Fly
Damm your lucky to even have found it
Yes I was.....and as I said, I didn't even see it...my buddy did!!

SteveT
Last edited by SteveT.; Jan 06, 2013 at 10:55 PM.
Jan 07, 2013, 12:37 PM
Team Twisted!
hone1er's Avatar
Almost killed my Bipe already....i was BARELY able to get it out of a KE spin in time and then the flat spin was hard to exit too. I gotta be more careful with this thing until i get used to the quirks.
Jan 07, 2013, 03:15 PM
3D? I only got two thumbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT.
As posted in the "Fly Low" thread....
... Of course, I figured the worse....My Buddy jumps out and heads towards the plane, and says...Oh My God...It doesn't have a scratch on it!!!! There was a little smear of mud on the left wing tips, one little bit on the upper right, and a little on the spinner...other than that, it is perfect!!!!! The picture of it sitting in the orchard is exactly where it was when he found it, and we got to it!!! The trees in the rows are only about 15 feet apart, so I have no idea how it came down without hitting a branch....

So...it's definitely a free plane!!!!
Hope you didn't just use up all your 2013 luck
Jan 07, 2013, 07:41 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroKen
Hope you didn't just use up all your 2013 luck
Probably eight out of that planes nine lives!!

SteveT
Latest blog entry: My hangar...


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Unofficial 3DHS-Bipe thread. Buzzkill2 3D Flying 139 Jul 07, 2011 01:13 AM
Question 3DHS Bipe? PinkYakRC 3D Flying 127 Jul 03, 2011 11:11 AM
Question Crashed my 3DHS Edge 55 need new planes any advice? bhoges17 3D Flying 11 Jan 26, 2010 01:19 PM
Any news of new GWS P-40??? CryHavoc Parkflyers 5 Sep 05, 2004 11:41 AM