Oct 06, 2012, 02:29 PM
Сделем Америку Великой Снова
Anybody flying this with the recommended motor? Just wondering how it handles KE spins.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 06, 2012, 02:35 PM
Addicted to 3DHS, EF and Flex
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfRC
Anybody flying this with the recommended motor? Just wondering how it handles KE spins.
I do not have this plane, but I do have the hacker in my 51'' slick and I do KE spins at full throttle all the time and have not had any issues with the motor. However it does get really hot.
Oct 06, 2012, 02:40 PM
Scott Stoops
Quote:
Just wondering how it handles KE spins.
3DHS Vyper Bipe pilot Joe Smith (6 min 2 sec)

2:27

Scott
Oct 06, 2012, 02:53 PM
Thanks 3Daddict and Scott...on another thread JetPlaneFlyer posted a photo of the hacker motor breaking due to KE spins. Sevaeral people have reported the Turnigy SK3 (several of which have broke) due to KE spins. I've broken a Turnigy SK3 3548 700 kv after about 10 flights on a different plane pulling out of a KE spin, and I don't even do full throttle KE spins. My motor came down cool after flights before it broke, and I never had a prop strike with it.

I'm hoping the hacker is stronger than the SK3, though some speculate they may be made in the same factory with the same or similar bell housing design. The break illustrated in the photo below looks identical to the way my SK3 broke (though my shaft didn't break, just the bearing housing). Fortunately, I was able to side slip and deadstick land without any damage.

Supposedly a Hacker A30-12XL (I say supposedly because I haven't actually held one, not because I doubt JetPlaneFlyer):

Oct 06, 2012, 11:34 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
WELL!!!! It seems I too had the same problem that has plagued a few others here, and even though I was forewarned, when I tried to get the carbon fiber AR pin in my left wing, it would not go in, and when I tried to carefully hand drill it out, the tube came out of the wing. Upon inspection, I found that the tubed was too small for the rod to go into it at all. I ended up having to install a piece of carbon fiber tube that I had into the wing, and then even though I left the tube longer than what was going to be needed, (planning to cut it off after gluing, the CA glue when right through the tube and locked the rod into that side of the wing.. It's ok....it lines up fine and I will just leave it in that wing, or, I may get some more carbon fiber tube or solid rod, the size of the piece supplied by 3DHS and drill the piece out. Either way, will be no big deal... Of course considering the size of the wings on this plane, they may just get installed once and left installed.

SteveT
Latest blog entry: My old shop....
Oct 07, 2012, 11:07 AM
Just having fun
Sorry to hear about the anti-rotation pin issues. Mine was tight but I was able to use a little force and the pin went in.

I finally got the decals onto my Byper and settled on a name. My wife insists on planes having names. She is able to associate my different planes to given names better than recognizing the model name. She came up with the name for this 3DHS Vyper Bype and the decal design. So this plane will henceforth and forever be called Echo. I have approximated the "Echo" decal on the tail in the attached picture. I am seeking advice on where to get the graphics in vinyl. I have only used one vinyl graphics vendor and, although I was satisfied with the final result, I was not satisfied with the delivery time or the lack of verification that the original delivered product was to specifications. Any suggestions on custom vinyl graphics vendors would be appreciated.

Freddy
Oct 07, 2012, 01:09 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
Quote:
Thanks 3Daddict and Scott...on another thread JetPlaneFlyer posted a photo of the hacker motor breaking due to KE spins. Sevaeral people have reported the Turnigy SK3 (several of which have broke) due to KE spins. I've broken a Turnigy SK3 3548 700 kv after about 10 flights on a different plane pulling out of a KE spin, and I don't even do full throttle KE spins. My motor came down cool after flights before it broke, and I never had a prop strike with it.

I'm hoping the hacker is stronger than the SK3, though some speculate they may be made in the same factory with the same or similar bell housing design. The break illustrated in the photo below looks identical to the way my SK3 broke (though my shaft didn't break, just the bearing housing). Fortunately, I was able to side slip and deadstick land without any damage.

Supposedly a Hacker A30-12XL (I say supposedly because I haven't actually held one, not because I doubt JetPlaneFlyer):

uncharacteristic failure... Hackers are generally the high standard by which other motors are measured against...
Oct 07, 2012, 01:18 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
NachosCheese.net..... ADCHobbystore.com..... BandeGrahpixs.com...... Callie-Graphics.com.....S8Graphix.com......in no particular order....and there are also a few guys here on RCG....one whose name escapes me at the moment hangs out on the 48" Edge thread...

SteveT
Latest blog entry: My old shop....
Oct 12, 2012, 02:31 PM
Shade Tree Aviation #2
Wow, got real quiet in here...I haven't had time to work on mine.
Oct 12, 2012, 03:32 PM
inverted-i-fly
put six flights on mine today, got most of the coupling mixed out, it needed a lot, but it now flys KE nice and straight, definitely a fun plane, I'm surprised by how much elevator authority it has with such small movements. Get it built
Oct 12, 2012, 03:40 PM
3D Sunset Flier
http://www.bandegraphix.com/

Best vinyl and customer support ever!

Oct 13, 2012, 01:58 PM
What?!? I didn't do that!
Got my maiden flight and a few others in today. Wow, what a nice plane to fly, great job 3DHS crew! If you follow the recommended settings the Bype is very controllable and does exactly what you want it to do. Far less coupling than I oringinally expected. I still have a little mixing to do but not much. The red one really stands out while in the air. It's nice to be able to throw it in the van without having to take the wings off. I'm going to have to get a few more packs for this one, the Bype is a keeper.

Here are a few pictures of the Vyper Bype side by side with the small GP Reactor Bipe to get a size comparision.
Oct 13, 2012, 02:34 PM
Certified Wingnut
Quote:
Originally Posted by gremlin
Got my maiden flight and a few others in today. Wow, what a nice plane to fly, great job 3DHS crew! If you follow the recommended settings the Bype is very controllable and does exactly what you want it to do. Far less coupling than I oringinally expected. I still have a little mixing to do but not much. The red one really stands out while in the air. It's nice to be able to throw it in the van without having to take the wings off. I'm going to have to get a few more packs for this one, the Bype is a keeper.

Here are a few pictures of the Vyper Bype side by side with the small GP Reactor Bipe to get a size comparision.
Dang you guys are killing me! I've wanted 1 of these beauties since they were first leaked 1.5 yrs ago. I've got all the electronics ready to go, all I need is a red Byper listed on ADCHobbyStore.com!!!!

Lance
Oct 13, 2012, 05:30 PM
Well, now that you know ...
It is definitely the sexiest plane I own.
Oct 13, 2012, 06:19 PM
So does the plane require mixes?

Quick Reply