3DHS Bipe, any new news? - Page 26 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Jul 15, 2012, 07:44 PM
Team Twisted!
hone1er's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted-I-Fly
never anything out here on the west coast
Yup. I wish there were more events out here. Maybe we'll have to organize our own
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 15, 2012, 08:50 PM
Registered User
jsmith285's Avatar
In action at FLI
Jul 15, 2012, 09:45 PM
Team 3DHS / Team JR
Bivens's Avatar
Sounds like someone needs to organize a west coast FLI....

I do find it ironic that so many sports (and hobbies) are all over the west coast...but we have so much 3D in the east....

I bet if you guys get together and put an event on that you'd get some support.
Jul 15, 2012, 11:46 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bivens
Sounds like someone needs to organize a west coast FLI....

I do find it ironic that so many sports (and hobbies) are all over the west coast...but we have so much 3D in the east....

I bet if you guys get together and put an event on that you'd get some support.
Actually....There have been two Huckfests in northern California (The Lodi Huckfest). The first one had a pretty decent turn-out, the second not so much...first one, quite a few vendors, the second, only one.

SteveT
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Jul 16, 2012, 12:02 PM
Well, now that you know ...
Bigster's Avatar
Bigfoot and the Bipe were at the FLI in NJ, though I missed the Bipe. Since the Bipe is "done" according to Ben, their focus is now on new products - things like Bigfoot. Makes sense.

I would imagine the Bipe announcement would be any time now.
Jul 16, 2012, 12:53 PM
Registered User
FireyFate's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT.
Actually....There have been two Huckfests in northern California (The Lodi Huckfest). The first one had a pretty decent turn-out, the second not so much...first one, quite a few vendors, the second, only one.

SteveT
We had one Huckfest here in AZ too.

Great group of guys put it together, and the people that came had fun but it was a small turnout. Way out in the middle of the AZ desert in May might not have been the best time/place to put it though.
Jul 16, 2012, 12:55 PM
Team Twisted!
hone1er's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT.
Actually....There have been two Huckfests in northern California (The Lodi Huckfest). The first one had a pretty decent turn-out, the second not so much...first one, quite a few vendors, the second, only one.

SteveT
I just need them to have one more, i probably wasn't even flying yet when they had these lodi huckfest. If there is ever another i'll be there!
Jul 16, 2012, 02:04 PM
inverted-i-fly
3drcparts's Avatar
there is a lodi huckfest this year in OCT, I was going to go, but can't make it due to Family commitments
Jul 16, 2012, 02:07 PM
inverted-i-fly
3drcparts's Avatar
And it is actual sponsor by 3dhs and flying giants, I'm really pissed I'm going to miss this

here is the link
http://www.deltaflyingclub.com/#/huc...012/4564264767
Jul 16, 2012, 07:12 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireyFate
We had one Huckfest here in AZ too.

Great group of guys put it together, and the people that came had fun but it was a small turnout. Way out in the middle of the AZ desert in May might not have been the best time/place to put it though.
I Cant believe I missed that! When was it?? I moved to Tucson last August!

I wish we could have one here again!

And I wish I was still back in cali for that Lodi huckfest! man that was only a couple hours from home!
Jul 16, 2012, 10:42 PM
Registered User
FireyFate's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwmflying14
I Cant believe I missed that! When was it?? I moved to Tucson last August!
Well it was May 2011, so you were out of luck anyways. I think at the peak there was like, 14 pilots. I mean, I REALLY appreciate the club that put it on and had a great time, but it was small.

If you come out to SVF where Buzzed shoots all his sunset photos you will see as much 3DHS p0rn there as you would have at the AZ Huckfest.

Of course that's during the nice weather, right now it's a little more quiet. More airspace for us!!!
Jul 17, 2012, 12:22 AM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Ben and Rob (from ADC) were both at the first Lodi Huckfest, unfortunately not at the second....

StevevT
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Jul 19, 2012, 09:14 PM
Registered User
jsmith285's Avatar
Vyper Bipe in Action

3DHS Vyper Bipe pilot Joe Smith (6 min 2 sec)
Jul 19, 2012, 10:36 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er
Yup. I wish there were more events out here. Maybe we'll have to organize our own
I used to have an AMA CD license....maybe I need to renew it and then we could maybe have one at the Tomcats field (SCCMAS.org)

SteveT
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Jul 19, 2012, 10:48 PM
inverted-i-fly
3drcparts's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT.
I used to have an AMA CD license....maybe I need to renew it and then we could maybe have one at the Tomcats field (SCCMAS.org)

SteveT
that would be great, anything I can do to help let me know, we don't have the field or infrastructure to do any thing at my field here.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Unofficial 3DHS-Bipe thread. Buzzkill2 3D Flying 139 Jul 07, 2011 01:13 AM
Question 3DHS Bipe? PinkYakRC 3D Flying 127 Jul 03, 2011 11:11 AM
Question Crashed my 3DHS Edge 55 need new planes any advice? bhoges17 3D Flying 11 Jan 26, 2010 01:19 PM
Any news of new GWS P-40??? CryHavoc Parkflyers 5 Sep 05, 2004 11:41 AM