Jan 25, 2013, 05:21 PM
The best CG seems to be the front of the box (not the back) on the top of the wing near the root. Mine was at the back of the box, and I couldn't land for nothin. Then I moved the battery forward to shift the CG to the front of the box, and it was much easier to land.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 25, 2013, 05:47 PM
Plane and Heli Abuser
Hey Guys,
Looks like these are being discontinued, HHs website has removed EFL2980(the BNF). The PNP still shows instock and Atlanta Hobby has the PNP at $120 net($189.99 - $70coupon) plus shipping.....so if you want one, get it NOW.

Whatever you paid, whatever your opinion, these are going away. Wish I had better news.
Jan 25, 2013, 06:00 PM
ChuckTseeker Super Fan
I would love to see them continue in this size aircraft... just add a couple more models, design them for 4S so all the FMS 1400mm guys can jump right in... have retracts installed and some navigation LEDs like the FMS offerings have. We would all pay more for an E-Flite model over the FMS due to their better quality, service and parts availability. But right now it's like they are not even trying to compete with FMS. If FMS had a better supplier in the states, better parts availability and service of any kind, you would see a lot of people switching over to them... at least IMO

Maybe HH isn't aware of the FMS offering... here is link http://www.fmsmodel.com/Airplane/&pm...967519560.html

I mean, not only do they have a spectacular selection of all the popular war birds... some have 2 paint schemes available and for the P-51D V7 they now have 6 schemes plus an additional 2 more in a P-51B
Last edited by Aphro; Jan 25, 2013 at 06:07 PM.
Jan 25, 2013, 06:16 PM
It's a bit unfair for HH not to tell us why? I'm scared to speculate.
Jan 25, 2013, 06:18 PM
Warbird & Jet Lover
Quote:
Originally Posted by chudson
It's a bit unfair for HH not to tell us why? I'm scared to speculate.
It doesn't take a lot of thought to figure it out.

Why would a company discontinue something?
Jan 25, 2013, 06:21 PM
AMA 52726
I just bought a second one.

I love this size and I'd literally sell all my PZ planes to replace them with planes these size. The FMS planes are not only too big for me, but they just don't feel as nice to me, in my opinion. Plus, HH has GREAT customer service, and I'd rather pay extra for that.

I wish they'd have come out with something else to truly test the waters for this size. They should have first released a Mustang or Spitfire. Those are much more popular and would appeal to a wider audience.

With that said, I love my Hurricane and I just ordered a boat-load of 3300 3s batteries for it. I'm glad I have another one "standing by" now in case anything ever happens to this one.
Jan 25, 2013, 06:23 PM
AMA 52726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt
It doesn't take a lot of thought to figure it out.

Why would a company discontinue something?
Dave, will there be any other warbirds in this size from HH, or is this the end of the line? I am not asking for timeline, details, etc, just an idea of whether there will be any other planes of this size. I love the Hurricane, and I really, really would love to get more planes from HH/E-Flite at this size.

Thanks for all you do, btw. I know it's thankless sometimes, but we do appreciate your presence.
Jan 25, 2013, 06:24 PM
[Removed by User
Last edited by Retiredtech; May 29, 2013 at 01:14 AM.
Jan 25, 2013, 06:32 PM
Head NEAT geek
The "HurricanePNP" $70 coupon is not working on the Atlanta site.

anyone have any insite?

Tom
Jan 25, 2013, 07:05 PM
Sure, I can fly after sunset!?

Still Want One? $195 shipped

They still have the BNF in stock at RPP Hobby, for $145 (with $5 JA5 code), but shipping is another $50, at least to Detroit.

http://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/efl2980.htm

Not as good a deal as others have found, but RPP still has them in stock according to the web page.
Jan 25, 2013, 07:07 PM
Memento Mori
Dang I went to order a pnp schimitar from HZ and out of stock.. any other sources listing the schimitar for that price???
Jan 25, 2013, 07:09 PM
Memento Mori
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retiredtech
I suspect there's more to it than that. Look at the Apprentice, T-34 Mentor, J-3 Cub just to name a few ... been around for years. The reason, they were good sellers. (all three had problems when debuted)

I believe the problems were more the original $350 selling price, plus HH reluctance to listen to the users and change the CG accordingly until so many crashed they had to do something.

RT
Original sale price scared me away. Many other jumped to FMS. If HH would have listed it for $350 w/ retracts installed. It would have sold blewup. Not sure if that will ever come to be later down the road.
Jan 25, 2013, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hunt
The "HurricanePNP" $70 coupon is not working on the Atlanta site.

anyone have any insite?

Tom
Hi Tom, I called Atlanta Hobby and was told they have sold out of the HurricanePNP. I did get one at Hobby Zone, PNP, for $109 plus $18 for shipping. You need to use a coupon code to get it for $109.
Code is CPNEFL2975

Rich
Jan 25, 2013, 07:24 PM
I think if 3S3200/3S3300 was a more common battery size the sales numbers would have been different for this plane. I do hope HH does more planes this size.
Jan 25, 2013, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by schweig1959
Hi Tom, I called Atlanta Hobby and was told they have sold out of the HurricanePNP. I did get one at Hobby Zone, PNP, for $109 plus $18 for shipping. You need to use a coupon code to get it for $109.
Code is CPNEFL2975

Rich
Checked their site a bit ago and though it shows as in-stock it errors as out of stock if you add it to your cart so pretty sure they are out. Since they drop shop with HH sometimes their stock systems are somewhat linked and can on rare occasions show things as in-stock which are not.

Quick Reply