Nov 21, 2012, 08:40 AM
So where does this bit go???
Quote:
Originally Posted by flmlm View Post
I found the exhausts came off very easy for me. I rocked them gently back and forth and the exhaust just popped off. Didn't take a lot of force.

Regards
Mike
Cheers Mike,

I'll give this a go. I tried (a bit) but must have been toooo gentle
to remove ads between posts
Nov 21, 2012, 06:53 PM
Head NEAT geek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redzed9 View Post
Hurri Fans,

Just watched a great video of this plane which I thought I'd share with those who have not seen it yet.... in HD as well so enjoy:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7uAK...eature=related

On a more technical note - I want to detail the exhausts a bit on my little one, and wondered how best to extricate these from the fuselage? Is it just BRUTE force to rip em out??
yes, I pulled mine off rather easily. I repalced them with a more scale set from a 3d printer.
Nov 21, 2012, 07:07 PM
Hooper, full throttle!
Sweet stacks Tom!

Ordered mine today!
Nov 21, 2012, 07:40 PM
Head NEAT geek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy D View Post
Sweet stacks Tom!

Ordered mine today!
model or stacks?
Nov 21, 2012, 07:49 PM
Hooper, full throttle!
Model... and with your help she will be stacked!

(yuck yuck!)
Nov 21, 2012, 07:53 PM
Head NEAT geek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy D View Post
Model... and with your help she will be stacked!

(yuck yuck!)
K, next build.
Nov 22, 2012, 09:06 AM
This thing runs real nice...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker View Post
for Australians that wouldn't mind getting in on a good deal for this plane i was just looking at the modleflight.com site and noticed they are giving away a set of retracts with the BnF so thats not a bad deal.

just getting mine ready for a Military and Civil Scale Day, needed to put the door covers back on and make an arieal as i lost mine added some wire from the arieal to the tail to make it look a little more scale for the day

Going to take my Stinson SR10 for my Civilian plane

cheers chuck

anyway heres the link for any Aussies wanting a good deal

http://www.modelflight.com.au/produc...NF-8633-6.html
Thanks for the link bud. It is tempting but I think I'll pass as I was looking at making it a hand launch & belly land only plane, so I would rather have just the lower price with no retracts.

I can remember sometime ago guys on RC Groups talking about the Habu V1 having a price drop but Model Flight never dropped the price on that either...
Nov 22, 2012, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nam Lemmi View Post
Thanks for the link bud. It is tempting but I think I'll pass as I was looking at making it a hand launch & belly land only plane, so I would rather have just the lower price with no retracts.

I can remember sometime ago guys on RC Groups talking about the Habu V1 having a price drop but Model Flight never dropped the price on that either...
... quite a hefty bird to hand toss; not impossible but you might get a buddy to throw her up for you first time.

She does come with a set of fixed u/c of course.

Nov 22, 2012, 03:58 PM
Hooper, full throttle!
Handlaunching might not be bad but I think belly landing would tear up the scoop.
Nov 22, 2012, 05:18 PM
Well, whoever put the glue on these exhausts didn't hold back! They were very well glued on! They would have stayed on even after one of my landings!!

But after following your advice, and some vitamin supplements I got the little beggars off! Brute force works.

As my batteries and new receiver STILL have not arrived from HK, I thought I'd do a little weathering.
Normally I wait till I have practised a few crashes Oops, I mean flights before I play, but as I can't fly, and the weather is blowing a Hoolie! I thought I might as well...

Painted up the exhausts after drilling out the holes, started with polished gunmetal, then a few bry brushings with different shades of rust. Will sootty up the ends when they are back on the Plane. Then painted the prop tips yellow and the gun covers red. Oh yeah, the wheels have started with a little silver paint, and will be weathered up a bit before fitting to the retracts. Another Oh yeah, straightened up the aerial following advice on here. Looking to now do an opening canopy, and a bit of detail in the tub....... depending on how long it takes for my bits to arrive from HK!

Couple of piccy's for your approval/ entertainment.......

Cheers

Andy

I'd much rather fly it
Nov 23, 2012, 01:26 AM
Hi to all, my hurry is on the way and I am making a thought of restoring. Because the colors of the plane are mayby too dark in the above side - and I really prerer light colors in order to control the plane- I am thinking of making this version of the hurry.
Nov 23, 2012, 02:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by socratesb View Post
Hi to all, my hurry is on the way and I am making a thought of restoring. Because the colors of the plane are mayby too dark in the above side - and I really prerer light colors in order to control the plane- I am thinking of making this version of the hurry.
If you can find inspector on the windrider hurricane thread. He did a great job with a Soviet hurricane.

I wouldn't suggest doing DTA. That's a specific Englishman which had a specific plane. Also in the windrider hurricane thread(TLMark did that one) . Doing that with a Soviet scheme doesn't look authentic.
Nov 23, 2012, 03:47 PM
Andy.....nice job on the exhaust stacks they look great!
Nov 23, 2012, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flmlm View Post
Andy.....nice job on the exhaust stacks they look great!
Cheers Flmlm,

I can't wait to get this one into the air! Just need the bits I ordered, and a bit of nice weather eh??

I may post some more piccy's when I get some more done to it.
It sure looks nice though, and I'm hoping it will fly good. My biggest one so far at 1360mm, as my other warbirds are Durafly's at 1100mm and they fly GREAT!.

Happy landings
Nov 23, 2012, 06:00 PM
Does anyone sell the plastic trunnion for the retracts? I had this perfect landing and I was bringing the plane back to me. Wind caught the tail and it hit a curb and broke one trunnion. Terrible.

Quick Reply