Jan 25, 2011, 08:16 PM
BOXFUSE KING!
Thread OP
Build Log

"Dark Knight"...FREE PDF PLANS! New HD flight test Video added(TYPHOON DELTA II)

UPDATE: Awesome flight envelope! My camera crew got a cold so no video yet.

DARK KNIGHT!...
Dark Knight maiden(stormy weather).MOV (1 min 11 sec)

Flight tests:
DARK KNIGHT flight test... (3 min 15 sec)

...I CAN'T DENY IT, I OWE YOU GUYS VERSION II. I am still brainstorming, if it doesn't look crazy I will revise it. I turned down an AWESOME 3D FLYING weather today so I can start with this bird....She better fly!, and she better fly gooood.

Here we go AGAIN:

All 6mm depron or similar
3000 KV BW motor
18 amp SS ESC.
6x4 APC prop
1050mah 2s lipo "30c" burst.

ALBRT.
Last edited by Kronikpilot; Nov 14, 2011 at 07:15 PM. Reason: added PDF PLANS.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 25, 2011, 08:24 PM
Lawn dart pilot/builder
looks like a blend of TD and a FJ .

my concern is drag those wings will cause & will they provide support like your first TD has .
but hey one way to know ... rite . LOL

i wa slooking a ssome of teh bi-wing designs floating about . some cool stuff man .
i wondering about a bi-wing pusher jet .
Jan 25, 2011, 08:31 PM
BOXFUSE KING!
Thread OP
.... this thing is stuck on my head rite now. I would like to pursue it and see how crazy it would look when it's built. My brain is overflowing with ideas but I would like to build it as simple as I can so we can save some foam for the next generation scratchbuilders...lol

...my scapel is whispering bad things to me, and it's pointing at my depron box.

ALBERT.
Jan 25, 2011, 08:57 PM
Look at this.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1320277
Jan 25, 2011, 09:04 PM
Lawn dart pilot/builder
hmm .
well if you must cut have at it ..

i wa sthinking it might be fun make

A , instinct pane .. no plans just make the parst as you go , on a whim , no planning .
or
B scraps plane made form scraps . LOL
Jan 25, 2011, 09:39 PM
I crash planes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caish
Look at who designed that plane, too. He did.

That is why he labeled this one as Typhoon II.

Mayday, you are killin me man. I don't even have #1 done yet. I really like the upper wing idea. A biplane batman would fly.
Jan 25, 2011, 10:56 PM
shredding the skies
Hey Mayday,

I think that could be a good flyer. You are putting a bit more wing area into this one plus the fences. That should enable it to do tight turns and loops without tip stalling.

I was going to try adding some more Depron to the front of my mini FJ as well as fences to see if I could make it fly better. But I had another crash and wound up just chucking it.

You are probably already adding the electronics

Waiting for the video here
Jan 26, 2011, 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime_8
hmm .
well if you must cut have at it ..

i wa sthinking it might be fun make

A , instinct pane .. no plans just make the parst as you go , on a whim , no planning .
or
B scraps plane made form scraps . LOL
B) Mike from HaddadRC made a plane from his scraps. Anyone know if he's got tiled plans for this?

Frankenstein RC plane made out of left over foam pieces (2 min 17 sec)
Jan 26, 2011, 02:19 AM
Lawn dart pilot/builder
yeah it's a pic of him dumping his scrap box on the floor. LOL
Jan 26, 2011, 03:18 AM
Rule One: Break every rule.
I found a cool Delta the other day I didn't know existed. The "Lavi" an Israeli technical demonstrator. Got a good look about it. But may not be adventurous for you. I was thinking of making one similar to our Rafales.
Jan 26, 2011, 05:36 AM
BOXFUSE KING!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacerated Sky
I found a cool Delta the other day I didn't know existed. The "Lavi" an Israeli technical demonstrator. Got a good look about it. But may not be adventurous for you. I was thinking of making one similar to our Rafales.
Brother Trent, where have you been? Nice work on the swing wing F-14. The "LAVI" is indeed an awesome performer. it looks like a RAFALE and will probably perform the same.

ALBRT
Jan 26, 2011, 05:45 AM
BOXFUSE KING!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbjsw10
Look at who designed that plane, too. He did.

That is why he labeled this one as Typhoon II.

Mayday, you are killin me man. I don't even have #1 done yet. I really like the upper wing idea. A biplane batman would fly.
Thanks bbjsw, I hope to finish this TDII soon I hope it will be more stable with the DROOPS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman
Hey Mayday,

I think that could be a good flyer. You are putting a bit more wing area into this one plus the fences. That should enable it to do tight turns and loops without tip stalling.

I was going to try adding some more Depron to the front of my mini FJ as well as fences to see if I could make it fly better. But I had another crash and wound up just chucking it.

You are probably already adding the electronics

Waiting for the video here
I wish I am installing the electros right now so I can maiden her tomorow. I am hoping for more stable TD for novice flyers... we'll see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caish
....Hey Caish I think I know that crazy guy, he builds weird looking planes Welcome to the TYPHOON DELTA thread, sit back and enjoy your stay.

happy flying,

ALBRT
Jan 26, 2011, 12:11 PM
Lawn dart pilot/builder
Quote:
Hey Caish I think I know that crazy guy
LMAO

::
thos upper wings things will increase drag .. but if you lower thier AA , thwy will be like fronterons , and lower the stall speed. if you keep em same aa as main wing only add surface area and drag .. and no lift if too close to main wing .
but look cool doing either ..

dpoble dog dare you to hook em to some 3g-5g servos as active fronterons .

trasitong form insane slow alpha , to high speed level flight .
the side risers will act like wing fence .
shoudl be a very stable ( latteraly ) .. possbly enout to skip the main verts ?
that would be hot.
Jan 26, 2011, 04:32 PM
BOXFUSE KING!
Thread OP
Thanks Scott, I am trying to test something else with this project...well see.

ALBERT.
Jan 26, 2011, 05:25 PM
Flying high
Albert,
Definitely looks cool! I'll be waiting on the sidelines for this one though. I recently built a "Bat Plane" and I have too many winter projects on my plate.

It will be interesting to see what you come up with...and I'm always switching gears so you never know! I gotta say, the Typhoon is one of my most stable planes at WOT. No regrets on that build!

Bill

Quick Reply