This thread is privately moderated by SoloProFan, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 21, 2015, 05:53 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo
I sold my Solo Coax a while ago. That was the last of my coax's.

I just couldn't bear to watch it float around in slow motion . . . .

g
I think 6 axis gyro multirotors and single rotor FP have more or less taken over the coax "realm" for being stable trainers. And with the multirotors, these have the added benefit of being able to handle more wind than most coax helis.

Still one thing the coax seems to excell in. Flight time per mAh. If I remember well, the Solo could fly up to 8 or more minutes on a 150 mAh battery. A single rotor 5 to 6 minutes and the same applies to the quad, having 4 motors to power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight_Sun
Yes : )

e.g. while my v911 is waiting for some screws I bought one solo 210a and it very nice for some training.
Also I've made a simple "adapter" to charge solo batteries from v911 charger, but dunno where to post and if such thing will be useful to smb.

P.S. very useful FAQ, thanks
Glad to hear some are still having benefit from this FAQ. Hope you enjoy your 210a, and you can just post the pictures of your charge adapter here if you like. Maybe others can still benefit from your idea.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 19, 2015, 10:29 PM
How do you recognize a Nine Eagles helicopter Transmitter from an airplane identical one?
I understand the airplane one won't work with a helicopter receiver and vice-versa...
I need one for a Solo Pro all-in-one receiver/servos board I got without a transmitter.. Tried a Nine Eagles airplane Transmitter with it and it won't work...
Feb 26, 2016, 05:28 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by modelmaker56
How do you recognize a Nine Eagles helicopter Transmitter from an airplane identical one?
I understand the airplane one won't work with a helicopter receiver and vice-versa...
I need one for a Solo Pro all-in-one receiver/servos board I got without a transmitter.. Tried a Nine Eagles airplane Transmitter with it and it won't work...

Afaik only visible difference is the color of the stickers. The ones for the Solo Pro V have a reddish sticker, and the plane version a partially yellow colored one.
Dec 15, 2017, 11:26 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
WOW Henk, almost a year since your last post. Are these helis still in demand? Fell behind on technology maybe? Are they a good heli?

Mike.
Dec 21, 2017, 07:17 AM
Thread OP
I think most are just flown for nostalgia. Now there are helicopters with 6 axis gyro, offering self leveling without a flybar, and when looking for more of a challenge, disable the self leveling. Still none of these new models have better flight times.
Dec 22, 2017, 09:55 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
I used to love my Blade MCX
Apr 03, 2018, 08:58 AM
Thread OP
I learned 4ch flying with the Free Spirit, fitted with normal Solo canopy. Then 4ch fixed pitch, so the Solo Pro V series, and then CP heli and acro fpv quadcopters, as you know.
Apr 03, 2018, 10:07 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
I'm still trying to find parts for my MCX. I loved the CNC MCX frame...gone on a flyaway thanks to my Brother in law....AARRGG

I'm split between a decision of a simple S107 OR a MCX2 (w/cnc frame).
Apr 06, 2018, 07:33 AM
Thread OP
If you want to fly outdoor you need the mcx. Afaik s107 is infrared radio.

Quick Reply