Apr 01, 2011, 05:48 AM
DLAWW
What did you pay in shipping it says 39.00 bucks for six, is thats to high if thats correct. I want to order six for the 0.99 cents cost of the individual item, but 39 bucks for shipping is ridiculous. Did you get the fast spec card for them it's supposed to make the picture better and less jittery.
Last edited by DLAWW; Apr 01, 2011 at 06:06 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 01, 2011, 08:50 AM
Thread OP
That's fine. Just think of it as $8 shipped each.

I just used a couple of small microSD cards that came with old phones. I didn't even think of trying a good one in the cams.

I put together a test vid that I threw together last night in Vegas Pro 10; I'll be sending you guys the link later this morning.
Apr 01, 2011, 10:09 AM
I'm hooked on RC Moto
DOTS DOTS DOTS

I got all the dots you need...

Name a date and I will be there...
Apr 01, 2011, 11:11 AM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
there was a pretty decent amount of shearing in the video... but if we can get a more stable mount, it might get cured...
Apr 01, 2011, 12:14 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
Why do you guys like low grade shaky bike cam footage? Might as well give the handheld cameras to a 90yr old while your at it haha. Maybe a gopro attached to a smooth riding 4 wheel rc following a bike might look cool though.

If everyone brought a hand held cam with tripod setups all around track at different heights you could edit the footage just like coverage on speedtv, following a bike around the track. If you wanna go big, overlay footage with graphics similar to what tv coverage does, like driver details, name, plate#, place in race, and a pic of your faces lol. These are all ideas I have for rc dirt bike footage when I get a chance to try it.
Apr 01, 2011, 01:08 PM
Thread OP
Johnny: That's exactly the kind of thing that we are looking to do. Interesting idea on the chase car, though -- it could yield some great footage. However, it will take a very skilled driver to be on the track and not interfere with the racing. You're a bike guy -- you know that, compared to a car, we go very slow in the corners but gain ungodly speed on the straights, but start braking much sooner than a car. As for chase cars go, I've got every kind and scale of electric car to use as a chase cam. Touring car? 4WD buggy? Truggy? eRevo? eMaxx? We just need a good driver...

Oh, and does anyone have a good camera like the one we saw at RCX that we could use for high-quality video? I can't afford to buy anything better than the somewhat crappy ones I already have.

I still think that any on-board cam footage will be valuable with proper editing. We'll let Jimmy do his magic...
Apr 01, 2011, 08:59 PM
Even a solid mount for an iPhone4 could work... HD video.. light weight... big screen so we could check aim and setup... if we could mount one to a decent-sized chase car with a smooth suspension (maybe a slash with some serious roll bars to keep the suspension soft on the straights to prevent the "bumpies" but keep it level in the turns and not roll over)..

The HD video from that phone is actually pretty good... I've never tried it for this kind of thing, but it can't be "bad".. it just has to be protected... it's not like a Go Pro that you can throw off a building and have it survive
Apr 02, 2011, 04:45 PM
DLAWW

Transit Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000-redrider
I did let them sit for a couple of days, but they probably still weren't fully cured. Maybe I could try a different caulk.

I'm thinking of going to the transit center parking lot on Sunday afternoon to run my bike. I hope there's nothing going on there.
Hey Larry you still thinking of going to the Transit Center tomorrow, What time I'll meet you.
Apr 02, 2011, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLAWW
Hey Larry you still thinking of going to the Transit Center tomorrow, What time I'll meet you.
I've got to take the kids to a scout meeting so I won't be able to go till 3:30 or 4:00 pm.
Apr 03, 2011, 12:14 AM
If the wife doesn't have me corralled in tomorrow I may pop out there too for a bit

Hopefully it won't rain
Apr 03, 2011, 12:17 AM
Thread OP
Hmmm...
Apr 03, 2011, 12:48 PM
Lol.... Hmmmm
Apr 04, 2011, 02:03 PM
Well... we had an informal cet together yesterday to test out the Dots day scenario, and it seems that it's completely do-able.... so we need to get on the ball about setting something up officially..... (sorry stubby... it was really last minute and informal, but we will have enough advanced notice for the next one)
Apr 04, 2011, 02:43 PM
I'm hooked on RC Moto
Quote:
Originally Posted by akura2
well... We had an informal cet together yesterday to test out the dots day scenario, and it seems that it's completely do-able.... So we need to get on the ball about setting something up officially..... (sorry stubby... It was really last minute and informal, but we will have enough advanced notice for the next one)
lol
Apr 04, 2011, 03:34 PM
Dots day.MOV (2 min 32 sec)

Quick Reply