Jun 07, 2020, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guidoracer
Iím moving to Austin, TX in one month, so no bike racing for me in the foreseeable future. Thanks, guys, for many years of camaraderie, incredible racing, and great memories.
Wow!.... Best of luck bro! I hated to leave my RC bros too.

Kev
to remove ads between posts
Jun 07, 2020, 09:55 AM
RCMCC.tripod.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guidoracer
Iím moving to Austin, TX in one month, so no bike racing for me in the foreseeable future. Thanks, guys, for many years of camaraderie, incredible racing, and great memories.
Best wishes Lito, on your new adventures!!

Ian
Jun 08, 2020, 09:48 PM
DLAWW
The world is coming to an end, 2020 so far has been nothing but disappointment, and disaster after disaster.
Hate to see you go Lito it’s solidifies the end of a great era of RC motorcycle racing.

You taught me a lot and welcomed me into the hobby that I love, gonna miss you bro!.
Jun 10, 2020, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLAWW
The world is coming to an end, 2020 so far has been nothing but disappointment, and disaster after disaster.
Hate to see you go Lito itís solidifies the end of a great era of RC motorcycle racing.

You taught me a lot and welcomed me into the hobby that I love, gonna miss you bro!.
Well, that's a little depressing. /
Jun 10, 2020, 05:09 PM
RCMCC.tripod.com
Unfortunately no racing for 2020 folks, that's for certain.
Local tracks are starting to open up now for practice. The rules are crazy, need to reserve beforehand, only 12 spots available. Only 4 people allowed on the driver's stand.
As for myself, I probably wouldn't race in SoCal until a vaccine is available. The risk of me being stuck in a hospital 400 miles from home is not something i would consider right now.

Lito, your media coverage and promoting work from the start really furthered the R/C bike hobby to the next level. Before then we were stuck with modding the TT FM-1e and NF. Without the proper exposure in greater LA, maybe Associated/ThunderTiger never gets the backing to develop and finish the SB-5, which then the Jabber never gets done, nor it's big competitors?? Haha - we can only imagine. Dozens of manufacturers and models later, it's really impressive to see!
Will miss seeing you in person bro. Your knowledge in R/C and R/C history is unparalleled. Hey, at least you are only a stones throw away from F1 and motogp races at COTA now!!
Jun 27, 2020, 08:07 PM
DLAWW
http://steelcityrcspeedway.com/

Can anyone make this event?
Jun 28, 2020, 09:16 AM

Steel City

I will be making plans DLAWW. It could be tricky for me to make it though. I will keep you posted.
Jun 28, 2020, 06:31 PM
I just wanted to take a moment to feel you fellas who I used to race with that "I miss you guys very much" RC bikes is a passion of mine, but I suffer from the typical "nobody to play with" syndrome around here locally. Most are "Dirt" guys as this part of Western KY doesn't have many (If any) on road tracks.

Pardon the random post. /

Kevin H.
Jul 01, 2020, 04:52 PM
Thread OP
Sorry I haven't been checking in here regularly. Thank you all for the kind words. I guess my time in RC motorcycle racing has passed. I do still have my Jabber, my moto racers, and a few 1:8-scale bikes in various states of build, but they have gone untouched for a long time. But rest assured, they are all coming with me to Texas, and I hope to put them on a track out there eventually.

If you any of you guys ever happen to be near the Austin area, give me a shout. Also, assuming the clubs can open up again in the next month and a half, I plan on being in Studio City to do a show with my band (apparently, they won't let me leave). I'll give you guys details if that does happen.

Keep on racing, guys, and don't stop until you've crossed the finish line and I say you're done...

Quick Reply