Introduction for metrorcflying by Keith Paskewitz - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by metrorcflying, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 23, 2011, 07:09 PM
Discussion

Introduction for metrorcflying by Keith Paskewitz

Hi, my name is Keith Paskewitz.
I have flown R/C for many years. I started in 1969 and flew R/C Pattern and Scale plus a little Pylon racing until about 1983.
At that time I owned a 1/3 share in a full size Grumman American TR-2. With the costs of flying full size planes, R/C planes and supporting my family I was forced to give up something so I stopped flying R/C until about 1999.
Now that I no longer fly full size planes and my family is grown and moved out I could start flying R/C again. I built a couple of Giles G-202 pattern/scale planes for outdoor flying and also got involved in flying indoors.
I wanted a plane for indoor that could do maneuvers and when I first started indoor there where not any good ones to choose from. I saw an IFO fly and it could do many of the maneuvers so I got one and over the next years I put a controllable rudder on it plus side area so that it could hover or torque roll. I decided to put landing gear on both the top and bottom so that I could land up-side-down.
I kept trying to find a foam plane that flew slow, was crash resistant and could do all the maneuvers I wanted to do. I was never happy with the results. I purchased a Ghost Bi-Plane that was made from Depron foam cut out and covered with Reynolds Wrap. It flys quite well but still not what I wanted. I scratch built a mono plane with this same technology and although it flys OK itís still not what I was looking for.
Then I saw a plane named the ďRelaxĒ by Lantsov Alexey. It was posted on RCGroups.com post #25 https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...6&postcount=25.
I built this plane from all the pictures and info put up by Lantsov. This plane not only does all the things I wanted from a plane but it does them even better! I am very happy with it!
It is very labor intensive to build. Most of it is .040 and .030 carbon rod covered with clear Reynolds Wrap. It weighs just over 3 ounces without battery and it flys slowww! I did a knife edge loop today my first ever! I canít fly good enough to do that with any other plane but I managed several of them today.
I have no previous experience with putting up material on a blog so I hope this all works out. I will try and post a bunch of pictures.
Here are a couple of videos and picture of my IFO:
Keith and his 4 ounce IFO (3 min 15 sec)

Keith's Airplane called "Relax" (3 min 40 sec)
Last edited by metrorcflying; Jan 23, 2011 at 09:29 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 24, 2011, 09:15 PM
Hot glue held together by foam

Ifo

Keith, could you please post construction details of your IFO. I am just learning to fly 3D , and your IFO would be great to learn on. Thank you.
Al
Jan 25, 2011, 10:49 AM

I will post plans & Details for my IFO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balsa or carbon
Keith, could you please post construction details of your IFO. I am just learning to fly 3D , and your IFO would be great to learn on. Thank you.
Al
It may take a few days but I will photograph the plans and post details on how I modified the kit and what equipment I used.
Jan 25, 2011, 08:54 PM
Thanks!
Jan 26, 2011, 09:27 PM
I have posted the IFO plans and closeup pictures of it on my blog at:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=335706
Jan 27, 2011, 09:06 AM
Yes , I would like the larger file. avdlyn@gmail.com Thanks again , Keith!
Last edited by balsa or carbon; Jan 27, 2011 at 09:28 AM.