Mar 10, 2011, 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drtysouthfrestyl
i have 1300's i just dont like the flight time i get out of them its worth the weight diff/flight time for me. i was getting 16min flights out of that setup i only get half that and the plane just didnt pack the solid punch out of manuevers.
Confusing...

Can you explain what you meant further as to what batteries and flight times you are getting?
to remove ads between posts
Mar 11, 2011, 12:03 AM
WingsTiresTitsGunaGiveYaT ruble
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Williams
Has anyone figured out a good way to get rid of the right thrust that's built into the fuselage on this plane? BTW, that might be part of the problem with trimming that's been alluded to in some of the previous posts.

The problem as I see it is the shape of the front of the fuse being cut at an angle and the motor mount being angled as well. The question is whether to cut off some of the nose to get rid of the angle and shim the motor or add to the nose and straighten the motor mount.
shim with washer an sand foam

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_100
I am curious if the Suppo 2212-13 (50g) with a 3S 1800 would work in this plane. Currently have it in a Mountain Models Smoothe and get 12 minute flights that are a blast.
how much does your other plane weight? I get 9min on a 2200 with a micro dan (very efficient). 1800 is the battery for this plane but still needs pull-pull imo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Deranged
Needs to have a little weight to cut thru the wind better. 54" sounds just about right for a park. Now for front yard/small area flying there's a flattie that does that just fine...right Bill? I'm sure I can come up with a suitable scorpion for it.
yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drtysouthfrestyl
i have 1300's i just dont like the flight time i get out of them its worth the weight diff/flight time for me. i was getting 16min flights out of that setup i only get half that and the plane just didnt pack the solid punch out of manuevers.
yea it sucks. its all about that weight/performance/flighttime balance thing
Mar 11, 2011, 12:07 AM
BTW the plane does handle a crash very well. hit a tree at 50'up on final and just dented the LE
Mar 11, 2011, 12:20 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill clark
shim with washer and sand foam
Yep, Bill, I think that's the way to go. Now all I need are a set of smaller fingers to get into that motor mounting situation.
Mar 17, 2011, 10:08 PM
How is this plane with the stock motor.
Mar 20, 2011, 12:36 PM
3d and EDF, some scale
Hey guys Kyle here,gonna start Sunrise #2 in a little while,love my first one but blew out the firewall after a pancake into the ground looking at "spectators" lol. The V2 will have direct linkages via E/Z connectors and .080 carbon rod with a T canalizer and SFG"s Passport style per Jason's recommendation. Also bought a TP 1350 3s and im doing everything I can to save weight in the airframe since i have fairly heavy servos. I'll post pics as I can,gonna weight the links to see what I can shave.
Mar 20, 2011, 12:38 PM
3d and EDF, some scale
Bill,we gotta fly them together soon.
Mar 20, 2011, 02:00 PM
Mods I made to elevator and rudder servo pockets. My fingers are too small for those mounts. Waiting on servos to finish. Hoping for a change in this windy weather to do some flying
Mar 21, 2011, 04:09 PM
3d and EDF, some scale

V2 maiden

flew the V2 for a few minutes today,handling has improved with the additional lift generators,t-wing,here's a few pics, I've since concaved the rudder trailing edge but as it was the downlines were slower and controllable.
Mar 21, 2011, 10:11 PM
[QUOTE=MustangAce17;17746424]flew the V2 for a few minutes today,handling has improved with the additional lift generators,t-wing,here's a few pics, I've since concaved the rudder trailing edge but as it was the downlines were slower and controllable.[/QUOTE

Looks good kyle. cant wait to get my thumbs on the sticks haha.
Mar 22, 2011, 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangAce17
flew the V2 for a few minutes today,handling has improved with the additional lift generators,t-wing,here's a few pics, I've since concaved the rudder trailing edge but as it was the downlines were slower and controllable.
dont forget the ESC brake for the downlines. I think I'm at about 80-90%????. love to fly with you. someplace between Ocoee and Ocala? I have a great place to fly (20-30acres) by the house that is private. your plane is definetly Jasonized. we could invite him too but he'll probabley be too busy as always . I havent flown mine in a while as I feel it needs pull-pull to get it right and havent found the time for the mods yet but shes ready to go as is.
Mar 23, 2011, 09:44 PM
3d and EDF, some scale
hey Bill ya pm me for my cell number i live in Oveido but might be moving to Winter Park shortly i gotta make a new firewall for v2 also seems to be a weak point for this plane
Mar 24, 2011, 03:20 PM
Aerodynamically challenged
Thread OP
Sure, rub it in guys. On a positive note, I got 2 planes out of the workshop! Blakes' Wind Bipe is on it's way. Can't wait to get a flight report on that bird, plus some vid! Only 10 to go-Doooh! Good work on the V2 Kyle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill clark
your plane is definetly Jasonized. we could invite him too but he'll probabley be too busy as always . I havent flown mine in a while as I feel it needs pull-pull to get it right and havent found the time for the mods yet but shes ready to go as is.
Mar 25, 2011, 09:30 AM
3d and EDF, some scale
thanks Jason
Apr 01, 2011, 05:06 AM
can the sunrise be hand launched ? do you know of anyone who has tried it? I looks like it can be using the right motor

Quick Reply