My copy of Lantsov's "Relax" - RC Groups
Jan 22, 2011, 08:39 PM
Discussion

My copy of Lantsov's "Relax"

I have built a copy of Lantsov Alexey’ “Relax” airplane.

From - Keith Paskewitz: This is my copy of Lantsov's "Relax"
Span - 910 mm. 35.82"
Length-1000 mm. 39.37"
Weight-88 gr. 3.1oz.
Acrylic paint added about 1 gram to the weight
Propeller - 7x3.5 GWS
E-Flite 250
Servo D 47 S
Receiver Spektrum 6300
Transmitter JR 9303
Rhino 360ma
Covered with Clear Reynolds Shrink Wrap

This plane flys better than anything I have flown indoors. I am very happy with it.

Here is a video of it when I first flew it.
Keith's Airplane called "Relax" (3 min 40 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Jan 22, 2011, 08:49 PM
Pile-it
Great looking plane Metro. I'm glad you put some color on it otherwise you'd need to put Wonder Woman in the cockpit. That thing is hard to see!

Nice job! Is that weight without battery?
Jan 22, 2011, 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien_Tech
Great looking plane Metro. I'm glad you put some color on it otherwise you'd need to put Wonder Woman in the cockpit. That thing is hard to see!

Nice job! Is that weight without battery?
Yes, that is without the battery. I am using Rhino 360 ma from Hobby King. I take off the covering, the balance plug and shorten the power wire. The batteries come in at just over 18 grams. I would like to find a lighter battery but am only getting about 3 or 4 months out of the Rhinos.
Jan 22, 2011, 11:10 PM
I would like to thank Lantsov Alexey for posting pictures and videos and helping others so they could build and enjoy his model.
Jan 22, 2011, 11:24 PM
I've been tempted to build one of these. Great work! Nice car in the background too.
Latest blog entry: Latest Video's
Jan 22, 2011, 11:33 PM
Thanks, my car is a 1968 Buick Skylark Gran Sport. I spent 8 years and about 5000 hours building it. I have a website for it at http://68buick-gs.com/index.html if you would like to see more details.
Jan 22, 2011, 11:37 PM
Nice job!!! I built a micro extra like that. Love it. I want to make a larger one now
Jan 23, 2011, 02:44 AM
f5b-uk
Quick, call the police! Someone has stolen all you models and left a car in the garage where tools and workbenches should be

Great build. Regarding your setup...I run an eflite 250 on a 8x4.7 instead of the 7x3.5. At first I thought it was too big for this little motor but it copes fine and the extra breaking on the down-lines is noticeable. I'm usually using Fullriver 250's or 130's in a milled Helix weighing about 110g with battery. From memory, I think the 250's weight about 13g and the 130's are about 10g

As for the Rhino 360's...I bought a Dozen just over a year ago and they are all still going strong. The advantage of having lots of them is they never need to be recharged in the hall. Just turn up with fully charged cells and fly. A few days later recharge them in the comfort of your own home. I'm sure they last a lot better with this kind of treatment.

Mike
Jan 23, 2011, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Seale
Quick, call the police! Someone has stolen all you models and left a car in the garage where tools and workbenches should be

Great build. Regarding your setup...I run an eflite 250 on a 8x4.7 instead of the 7x3.5. At first I thought it was too big for this little motor but it copes fine and the extra breaking on the down-lines is noticeable. I'm usually using Fullriver 250's or 130's in a milled Helix weighing about 110g with battery. From memory, I think the 250's weight about 13g and the 130's are about 10g

As for the Rhino 360's...I bought a Dozen just over a year ago and they are all still going strong. The advantage of having lots of them is they never need to be recharged in the hall. Just turn up with fully charged cells and fly. A few days later recharge them in the comfort of your own home. I'm sure they last a lot better with this kind of treatment.

Mike
I use the Rhino 360’s on an IFO that weighs 4 ounces and uses Spektrum 6 gram Digital servos. I am wondering if the digital servos are the reason my batteries are not lasting very long. I changed to Dymond D 47 S analog servos on the “Relax” because of that.
Jan 29, 2011, 11:53 AM
Hot glue held together by foam
Keith, did you also put mylar washers on yours as Lantsov did?https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...9#post16687809
Jan 29, 2011, 12:22 PM

Mylar Washers

Quote:
Originally Posted by balsa or carbon
Keith, did you also put mylar washers on yours as Lantsov did?https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...9#post16687809
I didn't put them on. It doesn't pick up much speed on the down lines and at this point I'm not sure that they are necessary.