Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jan 22, 2011, 01:22 AM
onairmedia.com.au
Help!

MK FC 2.1 Help I've blown it up

Hi All,

So whilst I was getting ready to do acc calibration, the side connectors on the mkusb touched a speedcontroller, whilst it was plugged into the FC. The flight battery was plugged in also so the speedcontrollers had power.

A small pop, crackle was heard, then the smell of fried electrics. I'd prefer fried chicken
Since then the green led won't lite on the FC anymore and I can't fire anything up.

What should I be looking for that is blown up so I can replace it?
Does someone have a schematic of the FC so I could trace it?

Cheers
Aaron
to remove ads between posts
Jan 22, 2011, 01:24 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSUAV
Hi All,

So whilst I was getting ready to do acc calibration, the side connectors on the mkusb touched a speedcontroller, whilst it was plugged into the FC. The flight battery was plugged in also so the speedcontrollers had power.

A small pop, crackle was heard, then the smell of fried electrics. I'd prefer fried chicken
Since then the green led won't lite on the FC anymore and I can't fire anything up.

What should I be looking for that is blown up so I can replace it?
Does someone have a schematic of the FC so I could trace it?

Cheers
Aaron
schematic:
http://www.mikrokopter.de/ucwiki/Fli...2_1#Schaltplan

board layout:
http://mikrocontroller.com/files/Fli...1_Bestueck.pdf

the only problem is: they have 4 layer black-mask pcb and you probably won't see any traces.
Jan 22, 2011, 01:30 AM
onairmedia.com.au
Hey Timecop,

Thanks very much for that. You are right it's all black and very hard to see. Do you have any idea which components I should be looking at first?

Cheers
Aaron
Jan 22, 2011, 01:42 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSUAV
Hey Timecop,

Thanks very much for that. You are right it's all black and very hard to see. Do you have any idea which components I should be looking at first?

Cheers
Aaron
Your description wasn't really helpful.
You shorted out some pin on the side header of MKUSB with something (presumably + power) on ESC, and then you had it connected through ribbon cable to the MK, right? Well, most likely you've nuked the main processor and/or traces going to it since theres 4 serial i/o pins, 2 gpio, and I think 5V and gnd.
If you hit it to 5V, you probably nuked DC/DC converters and/or their traces. If you hit it to gnd, you'd had a bigger spark. That leaves uart/gpio, well, 14V to that will likely trash the processor.
Jan 22, 2011, 04:26 AM
god mate. I always stress the fact that folks must shrink wrap the mk usb. or get xbee.
seems you will have to ask germany if they will repair it. or find a electronic guru in your area who knows about these complex circuit boards. , as this seems like some serious damage.