Jan 21, 2011, 05:25 PM
Crash it first, Then fly it
Thread OP
Discussion

Quick help- Su-37 plans

Does someone know where i can get a good three-way of a su-37 (not the 47)? the ones i've seen aren't the best. i might be asking for too much, but cross sections would be good.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 21, 2011, 05:37 PM
Thread OP
another thing. i've seen this around before, but didn't really paid attention, bc it was irrelevant to me. how would i hook up 2 seperate motors? would i use two different esc (that wouldn't be so good, since they'ed be out of sync), is there a special syncing esc for 2 motors, or do i use one regular esc?
Jan 21, 2011, 05:39 PM
The lunatic is on the grass
If you have two brushless motors then you need two esc.

Ridgewalker
Jan 21, 2011, 05:48 PM
Thread OP
thanks. ill sift through those views. my computer is very old, so something isn't working with my google search. Thanks.
Jan 21, 2011, 05:49 PM
Thread OP
That's what i was thinking about the two esc's. i wasn't too sure,so i had to ask
Jan 21, 2011, 05:59 PM
No problem!

Oh....i feel your pain with the old pc......till about a month ago i was still on a dial up connection and running windows 95 !
I could not veiw vid and it would take for ever...if at all for images to load on goggle searc image.

Now on broadband i watch all kinds of vids of planes...it's a whole new word now!

I have not used two esc in a plane but i have done it with rc trucks.

I would use a Y cable plug both esc into the Y and then into the throt on the rx....i always removed the red wire on the esc plug from one of the esc's....of course each esc had it's own battery.

If you try a couple searches here in this forum you probably can come up with better info on the subject than i can give...more directed toward a plane.

Ridgewalker
Jan 21, 2011, 06:03 PM
Thread OP
right. thanks. im assuming it would work for a plane too, but there's a 3rd dimension, so things might be different.
Jan 21, 2011, 06:09 PM
Flying high
IMO, it's best to keep the two ESCs and motors matching. That was they can be taken out of the equation if the thrust doesn't match up. Like ridgewalker said, I've used a y cable to get them both on the same channel. I've heard it recommended to remove one of the red wires, but I've done this a few times now without removing one and never noticed a problem (but different ESCs may need it done). You can also use a y cable and have them both running from the same battery (again, I would stick with this method so both controllers are getting the same voltage).
Jan 21, 2011, 06:19 PM
I found this..https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=666686

And these........

Ridgewalker
Jan 21, 2011, 07:07 PM
Thread OP
thanks guys. i saw that forum before, and it helped me in a way.
Jan 22, 2011, 02:44 AM
Unregistered User
Definitely cut the red wire from one of your ESCs!
Jan 22, 2011, 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffindor
another thing. i've seen this around before, but didn't really paid attention, bc it was irrelevant to me. how would i hook up 2 seperate motors? would i use two different esc (that wouldn't be so good, since they'ed be out of sync), is there a special syncing esc for 2 motors, or do i use one regular esc?
a good article to read from my friend at our club.
http://www.peterangus.pwp.blueyonder...0multi%20b.htm
this is 4 motors but the principal is the same for 2
Last edited by [email protected]; Jan 22, 2011 at 04:29 AM. Reason: more info
Jan 23, 2011, 09:36 PM
Zen in the art of foam
If any of you have 3D glasses (red/blue), take a look at this 2D to 3D conversion I made several years ago. I didn't know at the time that it was a SU-37. Thanks for the pics, Ridgewalker!
Jan 24, 2011, 01:45 AM
Unregistered User
djacob7, that is definitely an F15 Hornet, not a SU-37.

Quick Reply