This thread is privately moderated by TPfingston, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 21, 2011, 03:44 PM
Retired and Lovin' it!
Thread OP
Build Log

Great Planes Electrifly Cirrus SR-22

My SR-22, which has been on backorder since early September, finally arrived today. I had been tempted several times to cancel my order and move on but I waited and I think that I will be glad that I did.

The box arrived via UPS in excellent condition. It was double boxed with standard brown cardboard external and the regular kit box. Everything was well taped together.

Upon opening the boxes, I found everything to be well packed, wrapped in clear plastic and taped into place to prevent unnecessary movement in the box.

The fuselage is a very well made fiberglass construction with all the necessary wood parts already installed. The tubing for the rudder and elevator pushrods is already mounted and looks very good. The nose wheel mount is already installed and ready for the nose wheel gear leg and steering arm.

The vertical stab is an integral part of the fuselage. The horizontal stab will have to be installed and then the rudder and elevator will need to be installed.

The main landing gear are a simple bolt on job to the bottom of the wing.

The wing construction is a built up, open framework of balsa. The leading edge is sheeted from the spar forward. The ailerons are already attached.

Based on the videos I have seen of the airplane flying, it appears that it would benefit from having flaps. This might be an area for modification. Also the outer leading edge is not as per the full scale airplane and this also might be an area for experimentation. I think that the gear legs are also too long..

Overall, so far, I am well pleased.

Tony
Last edited by TPfingston; Feb 07, 2011 at 09:57 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply