new flyer - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by heli hamilton, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 21, 2011, 03:20 PM
Discussion

new flyer

hi people, im 27 years old and im new to the world of flying. Ive come to love it with a passion just in the last 3 months.
I started off with some small 3 channel helicopters, and also have a medium and large.
I didnt really understand about 4 channel and 6 channel until i spoke to a friend who was into flying, who suggested buying a honeybee 2.
Well last xmas the girlfriend brought me one and i have only just got it setup properly as it was not ready to fly as it said on the box. I broke it 3 time just by taking it up in the air a few feet lol.
At work there is a large space so ive been practicing hovering over one spot.
Im getting there slowly lol.
With practice im sure il be great one day.
Ive recently purchased a nine eagles solo too, so i can practice in the living room and wind the girlfriend up by flying into walls lol.
Practice makes perfect hey.
I would be interested if anyone wants to share what the best helicopters are to get, prices, maintainence etc.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 21, 2011, 04:36 PM
Allan Stiles
my girlfriend bought me an e-razor 450, and it should be here in a couple days....its an affordable bird, glad to see you like the hobby..,...drop me a line anytime...
allanstiles20@yahoo.com
Nov 04, 2012, 06:31 PM
Cant believe i never saw this post until now. Feel quite ignorant. Unintentional i assure you. Been flying a while now. Went on to RC cars for a while but getting back into heli's now. I tried the blade 400 the other week, but it was a huge jump back into things. I brought a honeybee king 2 off my uncle and have got some parts and modded it to brushless power. Been hell setting it up, but nearly there. i have the old faithful Dx6i hooked up so should be no bother.Hope your getting on ok flying. Sorry i never replied. Chris