2011 Cal Valley F3B Fund Raiser - RC Groups
Jan 20, 2011, 04:24 PM
Contest

2011 Cal Valley F3B Fund Raiser

Saturday and Sunday May 14th and 15th

Entry fee / Plus any funding above and beyond you would like to donate to The 2011 US F3B Team. This will help cover their costs as the US F3B Team goes to China for the 2011 World Championships!

I'm still working out all the details but just wanted to get the word out so you can make plans to attend. I will start up a thread in the "Sailplane Events" forum to make things easy and to keep track of pilots and helpers. Let's use this thread for all the chatter.

Bgood,
FFF
Last edited by fearfactorfred; Jan 21, 2011 at 08:09 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 20, 2011, 07:22 PM
Pilots - Pay an entry fee ($ to be announced) that will cover the field, cooks/restaurant and helper meals. Meals will be provided for a small fee ($ to be announced) during the contest starting with lunch Saturday and ending with lunch Sunday.

Helpers - Will receive free meals during the contest. We only ask for helpers to pay for their own rooms. We can help place you in a room with someone else to help cut the cost.

Hotel rooms - (From memory) 65/night check out is lax so no need to wake up early to pack on Sunday. Ken gives us time after the comp to pack and shower(optional).

Camping - (From memory) 10/night with power no hook ups.

(note) If your a pilot and you don't stay at the hotel Ken charges 10/day for field use.
Last edited by fearfactorfred; Mar 16, 2011 at 01:54 PM.
Jan 21, 2011, 09:40 AM
This are awesome news Fred. So I understand, is this replacing the usual April contest?
Don't know if it is really usual for April but at least was the one I attended last year.

Also, any chance to make it a 3 day event even if the pilots work as helpers or starting on Friday afternoon?

Thanks,

Glauco
Jan 21, 2011, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glauco
This are awesome news Fred. So I understand, is this replacing the usual April contest?
Don't know if it is really usual for April but at least was the one I attended last year.

Also, any chance to make it a 3 day event even if the pilots work as helpers or starting on Friday afternoon?

Thanks,

Glauco
Hey Glauco,

Yes I believe this contest will be taking place of the usual April contest.

I will entertain the idea of a 3 day but it would mostly depend on a mutual agreement from the pilots.

FFF
Jan 21, 2011, 07:35 PM
Either way Glauco I'll be flying all day Friday. It would be great if we can get enough interest for a 3 day comp.

K
Jan 21, 2011, 09:20 PM
Hmmmm.... I don't have anything to do this summer.... since I'm NOT going to the worlds... and I DON'T have to attend J team selects.... Sounds like fun guys!!!
Jan 22, 2011, 09:50 AM
Great! Glad your coming DP!
Jan 22, 2011, 04:42 PM
Challenge is rewarding
That sounds awesome Fred. I will be out there Thursday through Sunday too, so I vote for 3 days.

Thanks,
David
Jan 23, 2011, 12:07 PM
Pic test Sm field droid x. We are also testing out new sighting devices. So far I really like them.
Last edited by fearfactorfred; Jan 23, 2011 at 05:13 PM.
Jan 23, 2011, 04:17 PM
or GPS, F, J, K, or even TD
Great sighting devices...Glad we are progressing with more accurate and accessible sighting devices...

Sure hope I can make this one.

Mike
Jan 23, 2011, 04:27 PM
Hey Mike,
This new base B sighting device Kyle made is the shiznit !!! Huge difference !!! I really hope you can make it !!!!!!!!!
Jan 23, 2011, 04:31 PM
Wow, what is that green stuff on the ground, did you photoshop it?

Just came back from more snow shoveling, can't take it anymore. So looking forward to warm weather flying.

Glauco
Jan 23, 2011, 04:42 PM
Lol yes its so nice out here today. Kyle was getting some real nice air earlier.
I will put you on the list Glauco.
Last edited by fearfactorfred; Jan 23, 2011 at 09:24 PM.
Jan 23, 2011, 05:01 PM
I was thinking since this is a fund raiser what do you guys think about having a class for J planes and only do distance and maybe duration? Thoughts please?

I would like to make this a fun event for all and would like to see some new faces. So anybody with interest should speak up.
Last edited by fearfactorfred; Jan 23, 2011 at 05:26 PM.
Jan 23, 2011, 10:40 PM
Ricky Windsock
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearfactorfred
Pic test Sm field droid x. We are also testing out new sighting devices. So far I really like them.
Hey, FFF that looks like the "old" sighting devices from my previous life in the mid 80's.
Unfortunately this is the only photo I can find of it.
Two tent poles hinged at the top, a plumb bob and two tent ropes with pegs to stay the poles vertical.

Gordon