Jul 28, 2003, 07:03 PM
Impossible? Hah!
Thread OP

BLDC Fanta-outrunner!

Well, I just had to test to see if it would run at all, so...

It's definately not all that balanced, but it works. Running a Falcon prop (4.25" x 2.6") at 10k rpm

And here's a video for you to see and hear it. 970k, DivX 5.0.3!
to remove ads between posts
Jul 29, 2003, 02:22 PM
tah
tah
Cool.

Do you have a picture of the innards as well?
Jul 29, 2003, 03:03 PM
It runs now to make it run better the outer ring would help a lot being thin steel. and more magnets would also help maybe even 4 more 2 magnets for ever 3 teeth wound. Take a look at LRK site
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lrk-torquemax/
brouse the archives. good luck CU
Jul 29, 2003, 04:02 PM
KreAture , That is so darn interesting :-) Wish I hadn't seen it - - - - I'll be thinkin' and that ain't good, believe me. Do be careful and not get an eye put out or some other bad deal from a thrown magnet or exploded pieces
Jul 29, 2003, 06:38 PM
Impossible? Hah!
Thread OP
Hey jmbig, LRK doesn't apply to this motor as it uses a 9-pole stator from a cd-rom motor. The 9 poles are wound in 3 coils by letting every third tooth be a member of the same coil. This gives 1 coil gaving 3 points, every 120 deg. and with 2 magnets I think it gives a 3:1 rpm reduction compared to the electromechanical field. I can use 2, 6 or 12 magnetic poles in this type of motor bur that would change the gear ratio even further.

I am however looking for information on how to get a 3 coil 3 tooth coreless motor working... I think it will need 4 magnets in a N,S,N,S configuration but all I get is stuttering. (Oh, and the point of this motor is to be very small and completely homebrew so it won't require a special cdrom to rip parts from. It can also be made to the diameter needed for the microplanes I'm playing with.
Jul 30, 2003, 03:36 AM
MGM
MGM
Hey KreAture,
how many amps does it draw?
Voltage?

BTW, cool idea...

greets
Jul 30, 2003, 07:09 AM
Impossible? Hah!
Thread OP
Does what draw ???
The coreless I don't know yet and the cdrom motors are usually limited to about 20-30w due to weak magnets.
Jul 30, 2003, 02:46 PM
homo ludens modellisticus
The scope of www.yahoogroups.com/group/lrk-torquemax has widened to homebuilding e-motors in general, it discusses cd-rom motors, a lot:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lrk-to...x/message/2534

Met vriendelijke groet Ron van Sommeren
diy outrunner brushless e-motor discussion.
Electric fly-in & lrk meet, June 27th, 2004, Nijmegen, the Netherlands.

Quick Reply