Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by Arcteryxxx, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 22, 2011, 07:27 AM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Arcteryxxx's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletMaster
using a turnigy sk series motor, sorry I can't for the life of me remember which one. Spinning a CAM 12.5x9 prop. 3S2200 30C lipo. Performance is good, but not ballistic. Unlimited vertical fast climbs - could be better, but I'm not stressing packs/prop or motor - Extra pack weight would allow better energy retention I think, but I like the way it flies so far. Maybe when I get bored with it I might re-motor for more oomph!

radio is XPS, using SuperSimple 100A ESC. Servos in the wing are http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=7026 & Elevator Hitec HS65HB
Sounds a lot like the setup I have in my MPX Blizzard "parkliner".
There is always a lot to consider when setting up a new model and a lot of things can keep you awake at night....
Right now, after finishing the build and looking out on the huge pile of snow outside, I'm thinking: What the heck - if it's good I'm happy and if it's not I'll build another. Life is to short for worrying too much and money is meant for spending anyway...
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 22, 2011, 07:41 AM
Chillaxin dude!
BulletMaster's Avatar
too right! I have been thinking of getting an F5D Swist.... would be a nice addition to my fleet.
Feb 22, 2011, 07:51 AM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Arcteryxxx's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletMaster
too right! I have been thinking of getting an F5D Swist.... would be a nice addition to my fleet.
Nice!
Mar 20, 2011, 04:44 PM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Arcteryxxx's Avatar
Still waiting for maiden with the V-max.

In the meantime I'm playing around with some old planes, and here's a video of today's fooling around with the Blizzard "Parkliner":
Blizzard HD Cam, Askim, Norway (4 min 6 sec)
Mar 20, 2011, 05:13 PM
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar
Cool!!! I'm buying a used Wilco from a buddy. Trying to get it from him, RTF for $275.

It has D-60 servos, Castle 60 ESC, Turnigy outrunner, 14x7 folder, 4S.

I figure for the price I can't pass it up. More of a Hotliner than my Pylon setup on my Flash.
Mar 20, 2011, 05:21 PM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Arcteryxxx's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123
Cool!!! I'm buying a used Wilco from a buddy. Trying to get it from him, RTF for $275.

It has D-60 servos, Castle 60 ESC, Turnigy outrunner, 14x7 folder, 4S.

I figure for the price I can't pass it up. More of a Hotliner than my Pylon setup on my Flash.
Sweet! Go ahead, Dude!
Mar 25, 2011, 03:07 AM
Registered User
Peter M's Avatar
I thought I had a new Eagle 5 on its way via a flying buddy who imports RC bits regularly. The price seemed to good to be true and...... it was!
So a refund in on its way.

It's just that I also have a Neu 1512/1.5D 6.7, 38mm aluminium firewall, RFM 17x18 prop and 38mm twisted offset spinner on the way too.

Time now to stop frigging around and buy an Enigma I suspect..........
Mar 25, 2011, 03:24 AM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Arcteryxxx's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter M
I thought I had a new Eagle 5 on its way via a flying buddy who imports RC bits regularly. The price seemed to good to be true and...... it was!
So a refund in on its way.

It's just that I also have a Neu 1512/1.5D 6.7, 38mm aluminium firewall, RFM 17x18 prop and 38mm twisted offset spinner on the way too.

Time now to stop frigging around and buy an Enigma I suspect..........
You are probably right! Welcome to your new addiction

The road to the club field was cleared of the snow yesterday and I plan to maiden both Hagar and V-max tomorrow. Will bring my hat cam...
Mar 25, 2011, 03:32 AM
Registered User
Peter M's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcteryxxx
...The road to the club field was cleared of the snow yesterday and I plan to maiden both Hagar and V-max tomorrow. Will bring my hat cam...
Good luck!!!!! Keen to hear and see the results!
Mar 25, 2011, 08:28 AM
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar
When is the maiden? Video?

I am picking up my new (used) Hotliner today. I can't wait to fly it. Hopefully I will get it up this weekend.
Mar 25, 2011, 09:01 AM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Arcteryxxx's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123
When is the maiden? Video?

I am picking up my new (used) Hotliner today. I can't wait to fly it. Hopefully I will get it up this weekend.
Tomorrow I hope.
Last edited by Arcteryxxx; Mar 26, 2011 at 11:31 AM.
Mar 26, 2011, 11:33 AM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Arcteryxxx's Avatar
Tipstalled during maiden. Repairs necessary. Wing is undamaged but the fuse needs some clever epoxying
Mar 26, 2011, 11:39 AM
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar
Awww! I am sorry to hear that. Was it on a landing approach?

Did you have Aileron differential programmed?
Mar 26, 2011, 11:52 AM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Arcteryxxx's Avatar
Seems like CG at 70mm is too far back on this plane. I was a complete chicken and it tipstalled during a slow turn.
It is fixable but it will not be as pretty anymore
Last edited by Arcteryxxx; Mar 26, 2011 at 02:49 PM.
Mar 26, 2011, 01:55 PM
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcteryxxx
Seems like CG at 70mm is too far back on this plane. I was a complete chicken at it tipstalled during a slow turn.
It is fixable but it will not be as pretty anymore
Hmmm. The Wilco/Tiger I just picked up calls for 70mm back too. Seems too far back. I might go with 65mm to play it safe.

Differential on the ailerons will help the tip stall on these birds, so I hear. I didn't find it necessary on my Flash.

the instructions for the Wilco/Tiger recommend +15/-7 on the aileron throws.

You might want to try it on yours. It think yours is the same size wing and fuse if I remember.

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Ikarus Enthusiast Thread, Eco 8, Eco 16, Royal That can fly?!? Large Electric Helis 93 Oct 22, 2014 06:23 AM
Help! 3CH V-Max TY901 Helicopter presa1200 Electric Heli Talk 3 Dec 04, 2010 06:34 PM
Wanted OS91 Max V Ducted Fan engine SaltySteve Aircraft - Fuel - Engines and Accessories (FS/W) 2 Oct 24, 2010 02:13 AM
Discussion Helpppppp with V-Max / Falcon X :-( xxjoshstarxx Coaxial Helicopters 22 Oct 14, 2010 03:34 PM
Discussion Helpppppp with V-Max / Falcon X :-( xxjoshstarxx Micro Helis 2 Oct 14, 2010 12:56 AM