Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by Arcteryxxx, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 22, 2011, 07:02 PM
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcteryxxx
I slipped the 4S3000 40C in the original hole but in a standing position. With the trimming it will be an easy fit laying flat on the fly floor I've planned. Guess I'll be in the market for some really slim and high-C 5S3000 LiPos
Check out Hyperion, not only are they smaller but the battery leads come out of the ends rather than the side of the pack. Big plus when fitting into pylons, hotliners.


www.allerc.com
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 24, 2011, 05:44 PM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Arcteryxxx's Avatar
Gonna try the Zippy 5S3000 40C for starters. It should be good....
Jan 28, 2011, 08:53 AM
Registered User

Way Cool


Really cool molded F5B. In the States it goes by HAWK. It has a do it all cousin named the Falcon-E http://www.icare-rc.com/falcon-e.htm
Almost a ION but with x tail, moulded, and mh-32. Seems like a true do it all bird.

Cant wait to see more of your build!
Jan 28, 2011, 09:11 AM
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by echelon
Really cool molded F5B. In the States it goes by HAWK. It has a do it all cousin named the Falcon-E http://www.icare-rc.com/falcon-e.htm
Almost a ION but with x tail, moulded, and mh-32. Seems like a true do it all bird.

Cant wait to see more of your build!
Is this the maker of the Sprinter found at www.espritmodel.com?

If so, I don't think this is the same as a Hawk.
Jan 28, 2011, 01:27 PM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Arcteryxxx's Avatar
The Sprinter is made by Reichard, and you can find their different models here:
http://www.reichard.cz/en/models/
Jan 28, 2011, 01:37 PM
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcteryxxx
The Sprinter is made by Reichard, and you can find their different models here:
http://www.reichard.cz/en/models/
Ok, good. I had a Sprinter, it was cheap quality. Just making sure it wasn't a Reichard.
Jan 28, 2011, 02:01 PM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Arcteryxxx's Avatar
I will be installing the servos soon. The manual suggests covering the servos with heatshrink and epoxy them right in. Can anyone with experience please tell me if this would be the best way to do it?
Jan 28, 2011, 02:48 PM
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcteryxxx
I will be installing the servos soon. The manual suggests covering the servos with heatshrink and epoxy them right in. Can anyone with experience please tell me if this would be the best way to do it?
Yep, I think it's the only way to do it. Mix 30 minute epoxy with micro balloons or milled fiberglass.
Jan 28, 2011, 03:08 PM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Arcteryxxx's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123
Yep, I think it's the only way to do it. Mix 30 minute epoxy with micro balloons or milled fiberglass.
Thanks Johnny! I was thinking of mixing the epoxy with talcum powder instead of micro balloons...
Jan 28, 2011, 04:07 PM
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcteryxxx
Thanks Johnny! I was thinking of mixing the epoxy with talcum powder instead of micro balloons...
That will work. Same for the firewall.
Jan 28, 2011, 04:40 PM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Arcteryxxx's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123
That will work. Same for the firewall.
Will be picking up the aluminium firewall at the post office tomorrow.... Should be sufficient...
Jan 29, 2011, 11:05 AM
Registered User
magrinsi's Avatar
I think to buy a v-max eco and put it thi s motor:

kontronik kira fai f5f/4s with this folding prop

http://shop.lindinger.at/product_inf...ducts_id=76954

How much A absorb it?
Jan 29, 2011, 11:38 AM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Arcteryxxx's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by magrinsi
I think to buy a v-max eco and put it thi s motor:

kontronik kira fai f5f/4s with this folding prop

http://shop.lindinger.at/product_inf...ducts_id=76954

How much A absorb it?
I tried to use the eCalc on this but I don't know all the necessary data to put into it. The manual suggests a larger prop: RFM 15*16, and I suppose you will have to use a large ESC!
You can download the manual here: http://www.kontronik.com/images/stor...ng_kirafai.pdf
Feb 01, 2011, 03:42 PM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Arcteryxxx's Avatar
The ECO is coming together bit by bit. Here are some photos:


If you are experienced in building hotliners and see something that doesn't seem right, please let me know. This is my first build of this kind...

Thanks!
Last edited by Arcteryxxx; Feb 02, 2011 at 01:59 AM.

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Ikarus Enthusiast Thread, Eco 8, Eco 16, Royal That can fly?!? Large Electric Helis 93 Oct 22, 2014 06:23 AM
Help! 3CH V-Max TY901 Helicopter presa1200 Electric Heli Talk 3 Dec 04, 2010 06:34 PM
Wanted OS91 Max V Ducted Fan engine SaltySteve Aircraft - Fuel - Engines and Accessories (FS/W) 2 Oct 24, 2010 02:13 AM
Discussion Helpppppp with V-Max / Falcon X :-( xxjoshstarxx Coaxial Helicopters 22 Oct 14, 2010 03:34 PM
Discussion Helpppppp with V-Max / Falcon X :-( xxjoshstarxx Micro Helis 2 Oct 14, 2010 12:56 AM