Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by Arcteryxxx, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 18, 2011, 04:27 PM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Arcteryxxx's Avatar
Build Log

V-max ECO


Well here we go again...
This years project will be my first molded Hotliner - The V-max ECO with a 67" span.
This airframe is also known as the Graupner Speed, Staufenbiel Hawk, Wilco, LanYu, F5B Tiger and is a well proven bird.

I will build mine using Dymond D60s in the wings and a Hyperion Atlas 11 AMB digital "MG-B" servo in the tail.

The rest of the planned setup:

NEU 1115/1Y (finally I've got good use of it!)
Kontronik KPG25 5.2:1 gearbox
Suppo200A ESC
CC bec
RFM turbo spinner
RFM 15*16 folding
Lipos: GensACE 5S2200 30/60C

Here are the two pics I downloaded from the website:

More fotos will follow when I go to work!!!!
Last edited by Arcteryxxx; Jul 29, 2011 at 10:24 AM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 20, 2011, 03:13 AM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Arcteryxxx's Avatar
And here is a video of what's to come...
Hawk F5B Teil 2.AVI (2 min 56 sec)
Jan 21, 2011, 11:56 AM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Arcteryxxx's Avatar
Delivered by UPS today, only two days after shipment from Austria
Must be a world record!
Jan 21, 2011, 11:59 AM
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcteryxxx
Delivered by UPS today, only two days after shipment from Austria
Must be a world record!
Sweet, start loading the pics. What's the wing length? I am not sure if I am posting correctly. I thought I remembered 67"
Jan 21, 2011, 01:11 PM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Arcteryxxx's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123
Sweet, start loading the pics. What's the wing length? I am not sure if I am posting correctly. I thought I remembered 67"
Fuse is 36" and the wing is 66,5". If you count in the curved profile of the wing tips the span will be 67.
Last edited by Arcteryxxx; Jan 21, 2011 at 02:29 PM.
Jan 21, 2011, 02:03 PM
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar
Beef up that firewall. Milled fiberglass with 30 minute epoxy.


You might want to double up that frame mount.
Jan 21, 2011, 02:10 PM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Arcteryxxx's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123
Beef up that firewall. Milled fiberglass with 30 minute epoxy.


You might want to double up that frame mount.
I've ordered this firewall: http://www.modellhobby.de/Accessorie...30&c=124&p=124

What do you mean by doubling the frame mount?
Last edited by Arcteryxxx; Jan 21, 2011 at 02:26 PM.
Jan 21, 2011, 02:35 PM
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar
I meant either double up that firewall or get a better one. Looks like you already took care if it.


Interested to know if there is ply wood in place in the fuse to bolt on the rear of the wing?

In other words, can you drill out a hole and install a blind nut to secure the wing at the back?
Jan 21, 2011, 03:08 PM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Arcteryxxx's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123
I meant either double up that firewall or get a better one. Looks like you already took care if it.


Interested to know if there is ply wood in place in the fuse to bolt on the rear of the wing?

In other words, can you drill out a hole and install a blind nut to secure the wing at the back?
There are 5 nuts molded into the fuse: the three for the wing bolts and two for the horizontal stabilizer. No wood in the fuz at all. It seems like there are nuts molded into the ailerons for the bronze horns as well...
This seems sooooo different compared to what I'm used to with my heavy Strykers. Cakewalk!!!!! (Combination of "Piece of cake" and "Walk in the park". I know it also is the name of an old South State dance, but right now it seems like an appropriate name for this hotliner)
Jan 21, 2011, 04:53 PM
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcteryxxx
There are 5 nuts molded into the fuse: the three for the wing bolts and two for the horizontal stabilizer. No wood in the fuz at all. It seems like there are nuts molded into the ailerons for the bronze horns as well...
This seems sooooo different compared to what I'm used to with my heavy Strykers. Cakewalk!!!!! (Combination of "Piece of cake" and "Walk in the park". I know it also is the name of an old South State dance, but right now it seems like an appropriate name for this hotliner)
Hmm, do you mind taking a few photos of the three wing bolt holes? Also the inside of fuse when you get a chance. Looks good from the initial pics.

Have you measured the inside of the fuse perimeter yet? I know you are thinking "how big a pack?"
Jan 22, 2011, 06:01 AM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Arcteryxxx's Avatar
I stumbled across this German build log with some photos and explanations in the language of "ze Germans"....
http://www.prop.at/testber/2009/v_max_eco.html

And here is an English translation: (Thanks Google)http://translate.google.com/translat...v_max_eco.html
Last edited by Arcteryxxx; Jan 22, 2011 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Translation
Jan 22, 2011, 03:44 PM
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar
Can you actually fit the 4S 3000mah without trimming?

I am about to buy a few of those exact batteries for my Funjet Ultra. 40C!!

I have some thin Rhino 4S 4900mah 25C that would probably fit it for sure.



I had a very hard time finding a 5S that would fit in my Flash that was big enough to handle the amps.

I finally found the perfect one, Hyperion 5S 3300mah 35C.
Jan 22, 2011, 04:16 PM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Arcteryxxx's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123
Can you actually fit the 4S 3000mah without trimming?

I am about to buy a few of those exact batteries for my Funjet Ultra. 40C!!

I have some thin Rhino 4S 4900mah 25C that would probably fit it for sure.



I had a very hard time finding a 5S that would fit in my Flash that was big enough to handle the amps.

I finally found the perfect one, Hyperion 5S 3300mah 35C.
I slipped the 4S3000 40C in the original hole but in a standing position. With the trimming it will be an easy fit laying flat on the fly floor I've planned. Guess I'll be in the market for some really slim and high-C 5S3000 LiPos

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Ikarus Enthusiast Thread, Eco 8, Eco 16, Royal That can fly?!? Large Electric Helis 93 Oct 22, 2014 06:23 AM
Help! 3CH V-Max TY901 Helicopter presa1200 Electric Heli Talk 3 Dec 04, 2010 06:34 PM
Wanted OS91 Max V Ducted Fan engine SaltySteve Aircraft - Fuel - Engines and Accessories (FS/W) 2 Oct 24, 2010 02:13 AM
Discussion Helpppppp with V-Max / Falcon X :-( xxjoshstarxx Coaxial Helicopters 22 Oct 14, 2010 03:34 PM
Discussion Helpppppp with V-Max / Falcon X :-( xxjoshstarxx Micro Helis 2 Oct 14, 2010 12:56 AM